Catalytic Converter Stolen

Fredo91

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Hey everyone,

So this morning around 4:30am i was woken up by a loud metal grinding noise. Once my brain processed what it could be i ran to my window and sure enough some guys running off after cutting my Catalytic converter. I tried to run out and jumped on my wifes car to chase them but they were already gone. Cops made a report but like expected said they can’t really do anything.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there any options out there you guys recommend going with? Or just deal with insurance and wait for an OEM to become available?

Attachments

• IMG_8514.MOV
    7.6 MB
  • IMG_8513.MOV
    11.4 MB
Hey everyone,

So this morning around 4:30am i was woken up by a loud metal grinding noise. Once my brain processed what it could be i ran to my window and sure enough some guys running off after cutting my Catalytic converter. I tried to run out and jumped on my wifes car to chase them but they were already gone. Cops made a report but like expected said they can’t really do anything.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there any options out there you guys recommend going with? Or just deal with insurance and wait for an OEM to become available?
unbelievable! You need to enable Motion Alerts (lights up) and Motion Warning (tells them you are being recorded with loud voice) to scare them away on your ring camera! Secondly you should get drone installed because you park your truck outside. It will be a hassle, but you will be able to get that replaced. Make sure you report that to surrounding junk yards as well as police.

I have seen some threads on this before. I think they mentioned products like this:

I don't know much about it myself though.

Hey everyone,

That's crazy, I park mine in the driveway just like you and worry about this kind of thing or the truck getting stolen. My truck is lifted and wont fit in the garage anyway. I have cameras in the exact same position as you. I worry what I would end up doing if I caught someone screwing with my truck in the middle of the night. I can't believe people like this are willing to risk their life to steal a catalytic converter...

UPDATE: they took both! 😡

Attachments

• CA02014A-4F5C-4E88-BAB8-998ECA1DC67E.jpeg
    CA02014A-4F5C-4E88-BAB8-998ECA1DC67E.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 450
  • 62044000-4497-4D1F-B6E1-85996D7C9698.jpeg
    62044000-4497-4D1F-B6E1-85996D7C9698.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 449
you are getting fucked up on so many levels. File a police report or insurance claim and you'll have a ding on your Carfax and value of your car going down by a lot and there's none you can sue for diminishing vale. Buy it yourself and is 10k+.
Im sorry this happened to you

BTW OP , CA is one of the most restrictive states regarding driving without cats. I'd not drive the truck , even if it's perfectly fine, before fixing it. Not sure if filling a police report gives you a grace period and the right to drive the truck for a certain time frame

Shoot to kill!!!!

Hey everyone,

I think there’s a few members that took off their cats for a catless midpipe. Post a thread looking for cats and one of those guys / gals might want to sell you their cats.

Back