MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
After reading this thread and searching the forum. The foutz skid plates seem to be a decent deterrent (nothing is full proof) but expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems cheaper.

Its the same concept but just covers intended area.
It says for the 1500, but will it fit the TRX?

Hello its me

TRX Member
Reaction score
It says for the 1500, but will it fit the TRX?
Not sure. I have emailed them to inquire. Just randomly found it and was actually inquiring if anyone on the forum knew anything. It covers the cats and has “custom” screws so it cant be removed easily which were criteria people were hoping for in the comments

RedBeard

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2004 Ram 1500
Current Ride #2
2023 TRX
The reply I got from them. Asked if it needed to be removed for oil changes as well. Just FYI

—-Yes, it should fit on TRX. It shares the same frame as the Ram 1500. No, it does not need to be removed to change the oil. —
Great! Thanks for the info!

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
The reply I got from them. Asked if it needed to be removed for oil changes as well. Just FYI

—-Yes, it should fit on TRX. It shares the same frame as the Ram 1500. No, it does not need to be removed to change the oil. —
Thanks for the info. Interested in seeing it installed on a truck before buying

Viper1500

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 Dodge Viper
Just strap this to your cats

Attachments

• IMG_9436.PNG
    IMG_9436.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

Hello its me

TRX Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I am sure people can contact them as well. They responded to emails promptly. I voiced my concerns that before ordering i would want confirmation it actually fits, before i am stuck with a large paperweight. They replied they will find a TRX and make sure it fits (i asked for photos) and then people can choose to order etc. They are in houston so if any Houston peeps have a TRX you may want to contact them if you are interested

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
Just an update. I am sure people can contact them as well. They responded to emails promptly. I voiced my concerns that before ordering i would want confirmation it actually fits, before i am stuck with a large paperweight. They replied they will find a TRX and make sure it fits (i asked for photos) and then people can choose to order etc. They are in houston so if any Houston peeps have a TRX you may want to contact them if you are interested
Close to houston, it says Somerville. I may drive out there and test fit it if I have time this weekend as it's only 70 miles from my house. If I do, I'll get pics and post them up

sb24

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
Offered Christina to drive mine there Saturday at full price so there are not fitment issues and can take pics. Also sent her pics of the frame to confirm it will fit.

Last edited:

Digerati

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
Military
Army 82nd Airborne Parachute Rigger
Price is right and the install seems pretty straightforward. Please post photos when you guys get it installed.

sb24

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
Here's the pics she sent from a 1500, and plate placement, not so sure it will fit ours.

Attachments

• Plate Placement.jpg
    Plate Placement.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG957745.jpg
    IMG957745.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG957743.jpg
    IMG957743.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG957747.jpg
    IMG957747.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Rear Crossmember.jpg
    Rear Crossmember.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 52

Digerati

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
Military
looks like it will fit just fine, yellow circled sections same as our trucks.

Digerati

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
Military
Offered Christina to drive mine there Saturday at full price so there are not fitment issues and can take pics. Also sent her pics of the frame to confirm it will fit.
Is Christina order person? I see in their website they do install it for 100$. You can't beat that considering fitment issues may come up.

sb24

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
Is Christina order person? I see in their website they do install it for 100$. You can't beat that considering fitment issues may come up.
Believe so, she share underbody TRX pics with the tech, will get back to me.

ReachingRedline

Living Life on the Redline
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX-RR IGNITION EDITION
Military
Army
Hey everyone,

So this morning around 4:30am i was woken up by a loud metal grinding noise. Once my brain processed what it could be i ran to my window and sure enough some guys running off after cutting my Catalytic converter. I tried to run out and jumped on my wifes car to chase them but they were already gone. Cops made a report but like expected said they can’t really do anything.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there any options out there you guys recommend going with? Or just deal with insurance and wait for an OEM to become available?
Sent you a PM

Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
After reading this thread and searching the forum. The foutz skid plates seem to be a decent deterrent (nothing is full proof) but expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems cheaper.

Its the same concept but just covers intended area.

That might be the perfect solution and a good price. I'd also be curious to see better pics of it installed and on a TRX specifically.

Hello its me

TRX Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the initiative. Christina is the contact email. She told me someone might be coming for a test fit on a TRX and a bunch of TX members came thru here. She said she would send me pics but if anyone on the forum goes let us know your thoughts.

LDN

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the initiative. Christina is the contact email. She told me someone might be coming for a test fit on a TRX and a bunch of TX members came thru here. She said she would send me pics but if anyone on the forum goes let us know your thoughts.
I'm a bit too far for a test fit, but very interested if it does fit well. From the pics, it looks like the sides are still exposed, I wonder i that is enough to get a saw in (and cat out) ? Would definitely want more pics and a TRX fitting guarantee

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping