Catalytic Converter Stolen

After reading this thread and searching the forum. The foutz skid plates seem to be a decent deterrent (nothing is full proof) but expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems cheaper.

Its the same concept but just covers intended area.
It says for the 1500, but will it fit the TRX?

It says for the 1500, but will it fit the TRX?
Not sure. I have emailed them to inquire. Just randomly found it and was actually inquiring if anyone on the forum knew anything. It covers the cats and has “custom” screws so it cant be removed easily which were criteria people were hoping for in the comments

The reply I got from them. Asked if it needed to be removed for oil changes as well. Just FYI

—-Yes, it should fit on TRX. It shares the same frame as the Ram 1500. No, it does not need to be removed to change the oil. —
Great! Thanks for the info!

The reply I got from them. Asked if it needed to be removed for oil changes as well. Just FYI

—-Yes, it should fit on TRX. It shares the same frame as the Ram 1500. No, it does not need to be removed to change the oil. —
Thanks for the info. Interested in seeing it installed on a truck before buying

Subscribed
I know a guy who just had headers, high flows and exhaust installed at National Speed, that has extra parts laying around.
He also wants to sell his RamBar for 2000 bucks....

Just strap this to your cats

Attachments

• IMG_9436.PNG
    IMG_9436.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
Just an update. I am sure people can contact them as well. They responded to emails promptly. I voiced my concerns that before ordering i would want confirmation it actually fits, before i am stuck with a large paperweight. They replied they will find a TRX and make sure it fits (i asked for photos) and then people can choose to order etc. They are in houston so if any Houston peeps have a TRX you may want to contact them if you are interested

Just an update. I am sure people can contact them as well. They responded to emails promptly. I voiced my concerns that before ordering i would want confirmation it actually fits, before i am stuck with a large paperweight. They replied they will find a TRX and make sure it fits (i asked for photos) and then people can choose to order etc. They are in houston so if any Houston peeps have a TRX you may want to contact them if you are interested
Close to houston, it says Somerville. I may drive out there and test fit it if I have time this weekend as it's only 70 miles from my house. If I do, I'll get pics and post them up

Offered Christina to drive mine there Saturday at full price so there are not fitment issues and can take pics. Also sent her pics of the frame to confirm it will fit.

Last edited:
Price is right and the install seems pretty straightforward. Please post photos when you guys get it installed.

Here's the pics she sent from a 1500, and plate placement, not so sure it will fit ours.

Attachments

• Plate Placement.jpg
    Plate Placement.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG957745.jpg
    IMG957745.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG957743.jpg
    IMG957743.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG957747.jpg
    IMG957747.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Rear Crossmember.jpg
    Rear Crossmember.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 86
looks like it will fit just fine, yellow circled sections same as our trucks.

Offered Christina to drive mine there Saturday at full price so there are not fitment issues and can take pics. Also sent her pics of the frame to confirm it will fit.
Is Christina order person? I see in their website they do install it for 100$. You can't beat that considering fitment issues may come up.

Is Christina order person? I see in their website they do install it for 100$. You can't beat that considering fitment issues may come up.
Believe so, she share underbody TRX pics with the tech, will get back to me.

Hey everyone,

So this morning around 4:30am i was woken up by a loud metal grinding noise. Once my brain processed what it could be i ran to my window and sure enough some guys running off after cutting my Catalytic converter. I tried to run out and jumped on my wifes car to chase them but they were already gone. Cops made a report but like expected said they can’t really do anything.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there any options out there you guys recommend going with? Or just deal with insurance and wait for an OEM to become available?
Sent you a PM

After reading this thread and searching the forum. The foutz skid plates seem to be a decent deterrent (nothing is full proof) but expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems cheaper.

Its the same concept but just covers intended area.

That might be the perfect solution and a good price. I'd also be curious to see better pics of it installed and on a TRX specifically.

Thanks guys for all the initiative. Christina is the contact email. She told me someone might be coming for a test fit on a TRX and a bunch of TX members came thru here. She said she would send me pics but if anyone on the forum goes let us know your thoughts.

Thanks guys for all the initiative. Christina is the contact email. She told me someone might be coming for a test fit on a TRX and a bunch of TX members came thru here. She said she would send me pics but if anyone on the forum goes let us know your thoughts.
I'm a bit too far for a test fit, but very interested if it does fit well. From the pics, it looks like the sides are still exposed, I wonder i that is enough to get a saw in (and cat out) ? Would definitely want more pics and a TRX fitting guarantee

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back