Catalytic Converter Stolen

MEANONETRX

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
07 Duramax LBZ classic Tuned and deleted
Dude that blows !!! also in cali I wonder if the http://addshocksensor.com/. would make the alarm go off to alert you .. I know these scumbags are not afraid of a alarm (some are armed) but would wake you up ...I hope
I pick my truck up end of the month adding it to the list ...plus gps and kill switch I wish we can just shoot them !

Informal

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Dude that blows !!! also in cali I wonder if the http://addshocksensor.com/. would make the alarm go off to alert you .. I know these scumbags are not afraid of a alarm (some are armed) but would wake you up ...I hope
I pick my truck up end of the month adding it to the list ...plus gps and kill switch I wish we can just shoot them !
I just put the shock sensor in a few days ago.
If you have the sensitivity up enough, it would be almost impossible to cut the cats, without triggering it.

The install is straight forward, But unless you're a midget (or super flexible) I'd recommend taking out the drivers seat.

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
Not sure as I dont have these, but it looks like the foutz skid plates cover the cats

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Tacoma 2017 TRD Sport
Not sure as I dont have these, but it looks like the foutz skid plates cover the cats

+1 for these skids and the addashocksensor both of which I installed shortly after getting my truck.

See below pic I just snapped real quick from the driver side looking at the cat….no way to get it out without removing the skid plate. And the plate is large.

Attachments

• 59E89455-87FE-4344-A68C-F069134F4136.jpeg
    59E89455-87FE-4344-A68C-F069134F4136.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 140

LDN

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
+1 for these skids and the addashocksensor both of which I installed shortly after getting my truck.

See below pic I just snapped real quick from the driver side looking at the cat….no way to get it out without removing the skid plate. And the plate is large.
Wow, not cheap but I guess good insurance

LDN

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
I have seen some threads on this before. I think they mentioned products like this:

I don't know much about it myself though.
I don't know what to think of this. The strap itself is pretty hard to cut through, but it looks to only be secured to the actual exhaust with metal cable ties which could easily be snipped off in seconds. Or is it installed some other (better) way?

Claasicdrive

TRX Maniac
Gallery
Reaction score

how hard was the install? Any frame drilling?

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Tacoma 2017 TRD Sport
how hard was the install? Any frame drilling?
Very simple, no frame drilling as they use all the stock bolt locations. I did it in my drive way without a lift. I did have my neighbor give me a hand, but if you had jack stands, you could honestly do it by yourself with some patience.

Digerati

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
Military
Army 82nd Airborne Parachute Rigger
I reached out MillerCat CEO (catshield.com sells the product line) and he already responded. I will let you know if it becomes available in the next couple of weeks.

Digerati

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
Military
Army 82nd Airborne Parachute Rigger

this looks good but the cost is $1059 shipping included. If that was half of that it would be very attractive

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
this looks good but the cost is $1059 shipping included. If that was half of that it would be very attractive
Ya, they are a bit pricey. But compared to the price of just one cat, it seems pretty cheap. Plus they help prevent stuff from jumping up and doing damage both on and offroad as they cover more area underneath

Jakerx

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
F90 M5
Dude I’m so sorry. That is terrible.

Here’s to hoping those thieves hit a tree or light pole at high speed before they ever procreate.

OP
OP
Fredo91

Fredo91

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Thanks to everyone sending their recommendations on what i should do. Definitely appreciate it, as of now just waiting for insurance to give me an answer on what they will do.
Here is the pricing for both straight from Ram 😳
$14k for both

Attachments

• 33B856DC-EEC8-4AA4-AA01-6796B3A11450.jpeg
    33B856DC-EEC8-4AA4-AA01-6796B3A11450.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 111

StuM

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘22 TRX Ignition Edition
Current Ride #2
‘21 Lotus Evora GT
Military
USNR, Lt, retired
They're prob nice people, gotta feed their families...damn auto correct...meant fucking dirt bags...hate thieves...feel for ya bro...totally sucks...good luck getting it all sorted out..
Surely just getting their lives back together and on their way to Bible study group. If rightfully plugged by a vehicle owner, their baby-momma’s will be outraged!

Eighty

Dream Killer
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
Thanks to everyone sending their recommendations on what i should do. Definitely appreciate it, as of now just waiting for insurance to give me an answer on what they will do.
Here is the pricing for both straight from Ram 😳
$14k for both
Holy hell, that’s ridiculous. Isn’t a complete Hellcat engine only a couple grand more than that? Does anyone else find it ludicrous that this is so expensive? These cats are 16% of your entire MSRP.

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
Check out this post @Fredo91

LDN

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Looking at this closer, not sure if 3/16 thick aluminum is enough of a deterrent to an angle grinder or sawzall. I guess it would slow them down (how much?)

Last edited:

tonyjp

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep
Looking at this closer, not sure if 3/16 thick aluminum is enough of a deterrent to an angle grinder or sawmill. I guess it would slow them down (how much?)
You can just unbolt it also. But 99% of the time they will just move on. They want quick and easy. The next truck won’t have it.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping