CaptainGizmo

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2024 Final Edition Silver Billet
Current Ride #2
Formerly 2017 Raptor
Well, I'm coming up empty on what's causing the SEVERE volume level fluctuating using CarPlay.
I've adjusted the AUDIO SOURCE LEVELS individually, multiple times.

Example: A voice message will be dictated at a perfect level and I'll reply, then suddenly, the volume will drop so low, you can't hear it.

I'm trying UCONNECT Cust Care who's only instruction was to do a Reboot (Push VOL AND TUNER button x 20 secs).

I KNOW this has been an ongoing problem and there's been a lot of hyperbole as to how to fix it; most of which deals with music with "Sound Check" as well as the Speed Control Volume...both of which are primarily for the "Music's" volume and shouldn't affect SIRI's voice. But, after this reboot, I'm gonna disable those anyway to help isolate any causes.

ANYONE ELSE?

I use CarPlay pretty much exclusively while I'm in the truck. Never noticed that issue. I stream Tidal for music, Google Maps for traffic. For texts I just the phone itself though. Too tedious using the read and reply features.

Well, I'm coming up empty on what's causing the SEVERE volume level fluctuating using CarPlay.
I've adjusted the AUDIO SOURCE LEVELS individually, multiple times.

Example: A voice message will be dictated at a perfect level and I'll reply, then suddenly, the volume will drop so low, you can't hear it.

I'm trying UCONNECT Cust Care who's only instruction was to do a Reboot (Push VOL AND TUNER button x 20 secs).

I KNOW this has been an ongoing problem and there's been a lot of hyperbole as to how to fix it; most of which deals with music with "Sound Check" as well as the Speed Control Volume...both of which are primarily for the "Music's" volume and shouldn't affect SIRI's voice. But, after this reboot, I'm gonna disable those anyway to help isolate any causes.

ANYONE ELSE?
So I have this as well with maybe a little difference. When the volume goes low, it is only the siri response. Once the call initiates, if I have said to call a contact, the call ringing and conversation are at normal level. Also seems to correct after exiting vehicle. I have never "done" anything to try and correct it.
Chris

first question I will ask is what version of UC5 is on your truck. Being a 2024 you would think it’s the latest but chances are it is not. I am running the latest version on mine and I have not had these issues you describe.

Thanks for the input so far, guys. Forgot to mention I AM running the most current software, as confirmed by the CS agent.

Current Software as of 5/24:
FCA-MY23.T27.34-PROD

I will keep this updated for other’s reference.

So I have this as well with maybe a little difference. When the volume goes low, it is only the siri response. Once the call initiates, if I have said to call a contact, the call ringing and conversation are at normal level. Also seems to correct after exiting vehicle. I have never "done" anything to try and correct it.
Chris
Yes…almost as if the Siri connection isn’t disconnected quick enough; thus muting the other source.

Thanks for the input so far, guys. Forgot to mention I AM running the most current software, as confirmed by the CS agent.

Current Software as of 5/24:
FCA-MY23.T27.34-PROD

I will keep this updated for other’s reference.
so there is a newer version. 27.46-PROD. not sure if that would solve your problems but you are not on the current version.

so there is a newer version. 27.46-PROD. not sure if that would solve your problems but you are not on the current version.
😡 da heck!?
Why did I feel that would happen after reading other posts that say the software update lags. So now the question is how do I get that new software? 🤔 I. Will not. Be. Defeated. 🤨

I’ve been too lazy to install it but there it is. I’m running 27.34 as well and it’s pretty awful in general. I can’t imagine 27.46 is worse.
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I will show my “noob” status…sorry, less than a week old 😉, but where do you guys dig up the latest updates. I totally get the “old school” torrent days, and have always used those sites with extreme caution to be sure the files are vetted and clean.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
I will show my “noob” status…sorry, less than a week old 😉, but where do you guys dig up the latest updates. I totally get the “old school” torrent days, and have always used those sites with extreme caution to be sure the files are vetted and clean.
That link was floating around the regular 5thgenrams forum. Someone usually posts them eventually.

Well…
I TRIED to do that update, but no can done. Argh

Tried a few times with a 16GB stick, even though I read you need a 4GB. But even the 4GB didn’t load.

Put the files on the root level, put the stick in, turned to Run, but nope.

Oh well…I WILL say that, after the forced reboot, things seems to have stabilized a bit, in terms of audio levels.

No sure it if makes a difference but you don't need to unzip the file. Just put the zip file right on the root of the thumb drive and make sure its formatted Fat32 or NTFS. Also I was told to have the truck in Run before inserting the thumb drive. If it doesn't do anything try a different usb port.

Last edited:
Wow, leave it zipped…Really? Ok, thanks; I can give that a try!

Well well...first time for everything!
No sure it if makes a difference but you don't need to unzip the file. Just put the zip file right on the root of the thumb drive and make sure its formatted Fat32 or NTFS. Also I was told to have the truck in Run before inserting the thumb drive. If it doesn't do anything try a different usb port.
WELL WELL WELL...first time for everything, I guess.

I'm stunned, but your suggestion to NOT unzip the file seemed to WORK!

I plopped the stick in, and boom...the display immediately said it had an update.

It didn't take long at all. Verified it was at 27.26

Interestingly, when I turned OFF and back ON again the display said the same "Update available" but...being chicken...I didn't see what would happen if I said "Update" again. I would sure HOPE it would do a version check and say "you're already up to date". But, I still wondered if it does incremental installs.

I'd agree with others...not a very good UX.

Thank you, again, for the help!

I had this problem for the first time the other day. Really odd. I don't know what CarPlay is, so I don't use that. I was just connected with Bluetooth on a phone call and the volume went from high to low several times during a phone call while I was driving. Hasn't happened since then so I haven't worried about it too much. Figured maybe it was just a one time glitch. But interesting that now I'm reading a thread with some people having the same issues.

I had this problem for the first time the other day. Really odd. I don't know what CarPlay is, so I don't use that.
OH really....Well...allow me to complicate your life! LOL

CarPlay is the Apple system built into iPhones that will connect them to a compatible radio/vehicle; either wired or wirelessly. Android phones have a similar feature and is called AndroidAuto.

Using CarPlay or AA will turn your vehicle's display into a "remote" iPhone/Android, with maps, message, phone, music, and many other apps.

It can be nice, but also a pain to use in some respects.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back