Carbon Neutral

If you own a Tesla and a TRX... Is that the definition of carbon neutral?
Only if your electricity comes from a nuclear or hydroelectric power plant, AND if they figure out how to reuse or recycle the giant as of right now non rebuildable and non recyclable battery before your battery goes belly up.....Drive electric vehicles all you want for the performance, they are a ton of fun with instant and seemingly unlimited torque, but people who think they are greener have bought into a lie and every vanity plate on an electric car I see with something about "No Oil" or "Greener" makes me want to strangle a bunny hugger and buy a truck that I'm hoping I get less than 5 mpg average to support the fossil fuel companies (the later I've got ordered just waiting on them to build and ship it)

Only if your electricity comes from a nuclear or hydroelectric power plant, AND if they figure out how to reuse or recycle the giant as of right now non rebuildable and non recyclable battery before your battery goes belly up.....Drive electric vehicles all you want for the performance, they are a ton of fun with instant and seemingly unlimited torque, but people who think they are greener have bought into a lie and every vanity plate on an electric car I see with something about "No Oil" or "Greener" makes me want to strangle a bunny hugger and buy a truck that I'm hoping I get less than 5 mpg average to support the fossil fuel companies (the later I've got ordered just waiting on them to build and ship it)
Ha. You expanded on exactly my thought. The economics are also clouded in mystery with rebates and "free" charging, etc. I have to hand it to Telsa though, as Musk actually knew what would move people. Getting electric vehicles accepted in the market by playing to green guilt was a stupid step some took. Making a badass vehicle will move the market.

Ha. You expanded on exactly my thought. The economics are also clouded in mystery with rebates and "free" charging, etc. I have to hand it to Telsa though, as Musk actually knew what would move people. Getting electric vehicles accepted in the market by playing to green guilt was a stupid step some took. Making a badass vehicle will move the market.
1,000% correct it doesn't matter what it is if you want to sell something to Americans just make it the biggest quickest fastest strongest etc with a few dollars on marketing it as such and you won't be able to keep it on the shelves. The tesla P100D with any driver behind the wheel on any flat road accelerates like a rocket ship and is a hilariously fun experience but I can't say buying an EV is something I foresee myself doing for at least the next 15-20 years I plan on the TRX being my daily unless they stop selling gas all together.

On a more serious note, and there's a whole bunch of insufferable educated granola dorks on green vehicle forums who can speak more intelligently about this than myself, but my assumption is that the manufacturing and disposal of Tesla vehicles is nowhere near carbon neutral. The carbon neutrality of how they are being powered is dependent on the nature of the power grid. If your garage gets its power from coal plants then you might as well put a polar bear in the grinder and fuel your car that way, or, buy a TRX and it's a polar bear and its cub. If you live in an area that gets its power from a better mix of renewable sources than you're going to be closer to carbon neutral. The ideal would be if you charge the car from solar/wind power directly connected to your house ... and even then, I doubt that will make up on a macro level for the aforementioned manufacturing/disposal carbon generation. So my uninformed guess is that even under the best of circumstances a Tesla on its own isn't carbon neutral, much less make up for the fluffy killing machine that is the TRX.

All vehicles cost money to build and throw away, some more than others, but let's call that a push for the sake of argument. From a karmic ownership pov, of it is one's wish to have as small a carbon footprint as they can from their vehicle, then the only variable that matters is how the power to charge/fuel it is made and how efficiently that vehicle uses that power.

How many barrels of oil are used to mine lithium to make the tesla batteries? Dont get me wrong teslas are badass vehicles and have their place in the market but its bs that they are zero emissions.

Yeah, the truth about carbon neutral and carbon taxes the Gov’t doesn’t want you to know.

But in their world, I’m sure the TRX would cost 💰💰💰 in carbon taxes.

I just want to enjoy it before we get there!

Attachments

• 7C3F4FC0-13BE-4AF2-9446-0E7D477C8F0B.gif
    7C3F4FC0-13BE-4AF2-9446-0E7D477C8F0B.gif
    116.8 KB · Views: 4
Back