JumpSquadAuto

TRX Addict
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
There were some discussions about car washes in this thread if it helps. Now that people have trucks, should get more answers:

DulcejuanDiaz

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram truck
The truck weighs 6300 pounds I do not believe there will be a weight problem in the snow plus the spare tire mounted underneath should add even more weight to the rear in reference to the car wash there is a gentleman will motivation on YouTube that just took his trough The car wash he didn’t seem to have a problems with it

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
Army
Hey any of you guys taken this through a car wash yet? Will it fit?
Someone posted in another thread that they took it through the car wash with no issues. Keep in mind there may be some differences for each car wash. There not one size fits all.

MikeD

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 RAM SRT10
I wouldn't take it thru a car.... If you own a pressure washer get a "Foam Cannon" attachment...they also make one you can get that attaches to a garden hose...suds up real well.....

Attachments

• 418CKpF6rRL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg
    418CKpF6rRL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 8

T-Rex

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F-150
I have taken mine through a new one that just opened. Plenty of Raptors and even dually trucks went through before I would even think about it. It has the conveyer belt system that pulls your truck through and no rails. It also has a touch less option and the basic has basically no chemicals. Seems perfect for after I get my ceramic coating next week.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
Army
I have taken mine through a new one that just opened. Plenty of Raptors and even dually trucks went through before I would even think about it. It has the conveyer belt system that pulls your truck through and no rails. It also has a touch less option and the basic has basically no chemicals. Seems perfect for after I get my ceramic coating next week.
Touch less would be the way to go if your going through a car was. I’m not a fan of the brush style.

Chinook2

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Raptor Avalanche color
Don't have the TRX yet, but have become a big fan of the conveyor belt with a Gen 2 raptor.
Works great, and in this case does a way better we r job (new facility, new features).

Old Kid

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram Limited
Car washes are like taking sandpaper to your paint. I don’t believe that ceramic coating will protect you. Think of all those brushes with all the embedded debris spinning across your paint. Common sense tells you how damaging that would be. Invest in a good boars hair brush on a pole for $150 and it will make your hand wash much quicker.

mack1212

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX TR2 Flame Red
Car washes are like taking sandpaper to your paint. I don’t believe that ceramic coating will protect you. Think of all those brushes with all the embedded debris spinning across your paint. Common sense tells you how damaging that would be. Invest in a good boars hair brush on a pole for $150 and it will make your hand wash much quicker.
Agree

Distilled DesignWorks

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hellcat Challenger, Ram
Hate washing cars.. hate car washes ,,

Mother nature
You and me both, that shit is for the birds lol. You other guys are crazy 🤣🤣🤣, just thinking about spending 4 hours washing my car pisses me off 😂😂😂. I plan on ceramic coating mine so I can be lazy and use a touchless, and have a good detailer go through it every so often.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com