Car Lifts

How wide is the trx outside of tire to outside of tire? The advantage has an adjustable width, but the second set of holes is narrower. I don't think it would be a big deal to add a set on the other side and move it out a bit further. The other option I would consider is getting plates made that would go under the tires that extend out 6" or so on the outside with gussets underneath just to provide support under the whole tire. I'd rather do that than buy a gigantic lift that's really not needed.

Well shit. That's barely any overhang as is. I'll have to look and see what it would take to move the adjustable side out 3". Worst case, I'll get some 12"x16"x1/4" steel plates and park on top of them if I ever count on putting the trx on top for an extended amount of time. Of course, I need to buy the land and have a garage built with enough overhead first.

Well shit. That's barely any overhang as is. I'll have to look and see what it would take to move the adjustable side out 3". Worst case, I'll get some 12"x16"x1/4" steel plates and park on top of them if I ever count on putting the trx on top for an extended amount of time. Of course, I need to buy the land and have a garage built with enough overhead first.
It's about 50% overhang. The Advantage is 75" outside-to-outside on the tracks. That's 6.5" of overhang on each side.

I have the Advantage Lift in my Garage. I have 10-foot ceiling, so the TRX won't be going on it, it could, just not very high. I keep my 1969 Camaro on it. Very easy to assemble with good Youtube videos (watch to save you time having to stop assembly and go back to watch it). If no mechanical lifting device, have at least 4-5 strong lads to help with assembly. FYI Advantage is the ONLY chinese lift with ALI Certification. I got a great deal on mine (car show pricing) last year during black friday. I also purchased the air over hydraulic jack. Would recommend two for the TRX. Advantage does make a heavier lift for trucks.

Last edited:
It's about 50% overhang. The Advantage is 75" outside-to-outside on the tracks. That's 6.5" of overhang on each side.
Shit. I can't maths. I thought it was 85.

2C673D02-076D-4218-B036-F9C7B33A7F14.jpeg
Northern tool has this one in a mail catalog

All of the Bend-Pak lifts show a runway width of 75" or so - same story as the Advantage lifts - the TRX tires will hang halfway off the tracks. Since these are all cable-and-pulley lifting designs, I believe the runways are fixed to the crossbars, so I don't think they can be slid further apart.

ETA: Yes, just read through the installation instructions. The runways bolt to the cross-tubes, so the width is fixed:

Bolt the Powerside Runway into place, two Bolts on each end going into the Crosstubes. Use four M12 by 1.75 by 90 Hex Head Bolts.

On my Eagle lift, the runways can be positioned anywhere along the cross tubes - they just "float" on the crossbars. I've slid them completely together to lift a lawn tractor (about 36" wide), and I've slid them apart to accommodate a DRW 1-ton pickup (about 98" wide).

Finding a 4-post lift that's both tall enough to clear a TRX underneath, and wide enough to comfortably lift one, is a bit of a trick.

Last edited:
You may be better off having your wife park under the lift with the Porsche on it. That will make getting a lift that will work with the limited ceiling height.

I have 14’8” ceilings and my Ram 3500 wouldn’t fit under a standard height lift. Here is the clearance with my car on top and my Jeep under it.

Attachments

• 48DA0E65-A81E-4711-AB0C-21CF4B7F216F.jpeg
    48DA0E65-A81E-4711-AB0C-21CF4B7F216F.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DA4269EC-3A0E-4730-8AE8-C7EABF5E5FDD.jpeg
    DA4269EC-3A0E-4730-8AE8-C7EABF5E5FDD.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 4BC6C450-C5BD-4AC0-9218-BC9D026374F1.jpeg
    4BC6C450-C5BD-4AC0-9218-BC9D026374F1.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 55
All of the Bend-Pak lifts show a runway width of 75" or so - same story as the Advantage lifts - the TRX tires will hang halfway off the tracks. Since these are all cable-and-pulley lifting designs, I believe the runways are fixed to the crossbars, so I don't think they can be slid further apart.
Yep, a TRX would fit on my cheapy (outdoor) 4-post...if it wasn't for the little boxes at the lower inside corners that protect the pulleys.

But it would be really close, as even with a regular 1500 the mirrors must be folded in to fit between the posts.

ETA: Yes, just read through the installation instructions. The runways bolt to the cross-tubes, so the width is fixed:

Bolt the Powerside Runway into place, two Bolts on each end going into the Crosstubes. Use four M12 by 1.75 by 90 Hex Head Bolts.

On my Eagle lift, the runways can be positioned anywhere along the cross tubes - they just "float" on the crossbars. I've slid them completely together to lift a lawn tractor (about 36" wide), and I've slid them apart to accommodate a DRW 1-ton pickup (about 98" wide).

Finding a 4-post lift that's both tall enough to clear a TRX underneath, and wide enough to comfortably lift one, is a bit of a trick.
What about the Advantage 11000 truck lift?

What about the Advantage 11000 truck lift?
85" track-to-track, so the tires will only hang over an inch or so, but the drive-under height is only 81" - JUST a bit short to comfortably clear a TRX. It might clear, as they advertise two different clearances... in one place they say 81", in another they say 82".

85" track-to-track, so the tires will only hang over an inch or so, but the drive-under height is only 81" - JUST a bit short to comfortably clear a TRX. It might clear, as they advertise two different clearances... in one place they say 81", in another they say 82".
And if you use the rubber landing pads, it gives you and extra 1/2". I have mine this way, and don't even have to bolt my lift to the floor. Very solid and doesn't move around

So I decided to measure this as accurately as I could. I set my garage door down manually until it JUST cleared the antenna, then drove the truck through to make sure it didn't touch. I then measured down to the floor:

20211209_135708.jpg

So a drive-under clearance of 81" WILL clear a stock TRX without a Rambar, with about 1/2" to spare.

Make sure you take into account you need to lift higher to get off the locks on the lift.

It took some imagination and an expert crew to install but I got it to work...it does hang off a little on each side when on the lift...not much but I am thinking about having some steel added to each runway...they had to raise it off the floor already due to my garage having a 2" drop from front to back so they added enough to get over the rambar...used steel spacers and anchored to the concrete and then concreted underneath mainly for appearance...this is the lift.

Attachments

• 20211213_142905.jpg
    20211213_142905.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 59
Damn, that’s tight! I hope you can squeeze by the posts! Love that you got a lift to work though. Gives me some hope if I can ever get mine built!

Hello All-

I am building a new house with a 24x24 garage. While a 24x24' garage is generally large enough for "regular" cars, we all know the TRX is most certainly not regular, and makes a good sized garage feel small very quickly.

I have a GT4 as a second car and would like to keep that on top of the lift in the colder months, with the TRX on the bottom as that is my daily. Other side of the garage is off limits as that is reserved for the lady ;)

Does anyone know of any lifts that are tall enough and wide enough for the TRX to fit underneath? I suppose a single post could be an option, but I prefer a twin post or 4 post lift. My ceiling clear is 11'6"+ so that should not be an issue...

I am interested to hear any thoughts/recommendations!

Thanks!

Go here: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

Hundreds if not thousands of threads on garage builds and truck/car lifts. Probably not a better resource on the Internet for this question.

Good luck!

Back