Car Lifts

katzndogs

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Hello All-

I am building a new house with a 24x24 garage. While a 24x24' garage is generally large enough for "regular" cars, we all know the TRX is most certainly not regular, and makes a good sized garage feel small very quickly.

I have a GT4 as a second car and would like to keep that on top of the lift in the colder months, with the TRX on the bottom as that is my daily. Other side of the garage is off limits as that is reserved for the lady ;)

Does anyone know of any lifts that are tall enough and wide enough for the TRX to fit underneath? I suppose a single post could be an option, but I prefer a twin post or 4 post lift. My ceiling clear is 11'6"+ so that should not be an issue...

I am interested to hear any thoughts/recommendations!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5451.jpg
    IMG_5451.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 556
  • Photo Jun 22, 8 04 53 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 22, 8 04 53 PM.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 54F76E7D-1C50-4227-8301-9ACE0AF8FB44.JPG
    54F76E7D-1C50-4227-8301-9ACE0AF8FB44.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 134
I'm looking at one of the Bendpak 4-post lifts for my garage. I'm not planning on parking my truck on the bottom. It doesn't look like any of their models have enough drive through clearance for the TRX.

Backyard Buddy lifts. Funky name but one of the best 4-post lifts. I have (2). Not cheap but you get what you pay for and they don’t have to be bolted down. They carry both taller as well as wider versions.

Much to putting it up?
Its a simple install with basic tools and they have a great install videos on youtube to walk you through it. Definitely a 2 man job though. I used an engine hoist to lift the tracks into place

Its a simple install with basic tools and they have a great install videos on youtube to walk you through it. Definitely a 2 man job though. I used an engine hoist to lift the tracks into place

I have talked myself out of getting one a hundred times but it sure would be handy

My ceiling clear is 11'6"+ so that should not be an issue...
Really? You need 82" clearance for the TRX... MINIMUM. Your lift tracks will be at least 4", and the GT4 is 49" tall. That's 135" total, giving you a whopping 3" of clearance.

Not saying it won't fit - but it's going to be tight. Anything on the ceiling above the lift? Lights/ductwork/etc. that might interfere?

Really? You need 82" clearance for the TRX... MINIMUM. Your lift tracks will be at least 4", and the GT4 is 49" tall. That's 135" total, giving you a whopping 3" of clearance.

Not saying it won't fit - but it's going to be tight. Anything on the ceiling above the lift? Lights/ductwork/etc. that might interfere?
I agree. I have 13ft ceilings with a vette on top and it is TIGHT

11'6" is gonna be scary close on both the car on top and the trx underneath. I have the 9000 XLT, and have the same situation with my 10'2" garage. Less than an inch above the vette when getting it set, and antennae of the work car drags on the lift every time. I can't leave the top up and fit.

i-2K8GXjG-X2.jpg

Yes, I need a bigger garage. Just waiting to get some more land before building.

But what have people used as a 4 post lift(s) that fits a TRX? I've looked for a while and all seem to have width limitations for tires to sit safely on or don't lift high enough for it to fit underneath.

But what have people used as a 4 post lift(s) that fits a TRX? I've looked for a while and all seem to have width limitations for tires to sit safely on or don't lift high enough for it to fit underneath.
Yes - the Advantage Lift DX-9000-XLT will ALMOST fit a TRX under it (the clearance height may JUST clear it - might need to "shim" the base plates with some 3/4" steel plates), but as for putting the TRX ON it - you're right, the tires will hang off the sides about 6" or so... not really ideal.

My Eagle Equipment 12,000lb. 4-post fits the TRX just fine. I used to put my 1-ton dually on it, with nothing hanging over - that was close to 96" wide... the TRX is only 88".

Yes - the Advantage Lift DX-9000-XLT will ALMOST fit a TRX under it (the clearance height may JUST clear it - might need to "shim" the base plates with some 3/4" steel plates), but as for putting the TRX ON it - you're right, the tires will hang off the sides about 6" or so... not really ideal.

My Eagle Equipment 12,000lb. 4-post fits the TRX just fine. I used to put my 1-ton dually on it, wit
h nothing hanging over - that was close to 96" wide... the TRX is only 88".
Thank you Tom488. I'll check out that make/model.

My Eagle Equipment 12,000lb. 4-post fits the TRX just fine. I used to put my 1-ton dually on it, with nothing hanging over - that was close to 96" wide... the TRX is only 88".
That's what I would have to go with, one that will fit and lift everything

This looks like a good option and seems to be priced well. Do you know if the 81" TRX height found on google includes the satellite radio antenna fin?

That's what I would have to go with, one that will fit and lift everything
Note that my lift (Eagle FP-12L) will lift the TRX no problem, but will NOT allow it to drive underneath... clearance under the lift is only 70".

I'm not aware of any 4-post lift that's wide enough to comfortably hold the TRX, AND allow it to drive underneath.

ETA - This one MAY fit the bill... looks like it has 84" of clearance underneath, and 86.25" of track width... tires might hang over the edges by an inch or so (not a problem). Pricey, though:

Last edited:
Back