Sgerdjik

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Yukon denali
Military
Army
Hey guys after seeing all of the issues I have canceled my order.

Fowler Motors in Montrose CO has a blue tr2 package that according to the dealer is about 9 weeks away from delivery if anyone wants to call and take my spot it’s yours.

Thanks, Steve

Did you have a deposit down and if so, did the dealer readily refund it? I’m considering cancelling mine as well. Will be driving all over the country this summer and based on all the issues posted here, I’m quickly losing confidence in the TRX.

Did you have a deposit down and if so, did the dealer readily refund it? I’m considering cancelling mine as well. Will be driving all over the country this summer and based on all the issues posted here, I’m quickly losing confidence in the TRX.
No deposit was required and it was at MSRP the dealer was understanding and asked for me to come back in 2022

Reactions: mlo
Your not alone Steve,
But it’s nice to see people using the leverage they have as a consumer. can’t get service send it back or drop it before then,crying and making threats online will not resolve anything. ( I know makes some feel better)
Nice that ram cares came on here but in a very limited form that’s not really giving people a lot of comfort.
rich or poor this is an expensive truck and while it’s a nice concept Its certainly not the only option.
I only keep my trucks for 30,000 miles so I never have issues, but I understand people don’t always have the option and there are people who are overextended even getting one of these.
To me service is everything, this will be my first mopar never thought there quality was very good but people say they have gotten better over the past 5 years so I figured let’s give it a try, thinking maybe I should just get another Shelby when they come out nothing wrong with the one I got. I’m watching like the rest and I’m scared for sure.

I am feeling the same as many of you. I am ready to walk away and urge Ram to stick to making minivans. I came into this as a first time Ram buyer and I can say the whole thing is a shit show. I have no problem with the wait. As a matter of fact I think all the trucks should be built and delivered in the order in which consumers ordered them. First come first served. For me the big issues stem from severe quality control issues to lack of customer service. Of course from a technical aspect we are not customers of Ram. We are customers of the individual dealers. That disconnect gives FCA the easy out so they can blame the dealer. I believe it should be expected to see some issues arise from manufacturing a completely new vehicle but the depth and breadth of the issues we are seeing goes way beyond new product growing pains.
I think I can put up with the outright crappy consumer relationship strategy FCA has but coupled with numerous severe defects and I can’t help but pause. I plan to hang in here until March 1st. If the the horrible service and reports of major breakdowns continues it’s going to be my sign that it’s a bad decision to give Ram my business now or ever. There are to many other options out there to put up with this crap.

I am feeling the same as many of you. I am ready to walk away and urge Ram to stick to making minivans. I came into this as a first time Ram buyer and I can say the whole thing is a shit show. I have no problem with the wait. As a matter of fact I think all the trucks should be built and delivered in the order in which consumers ordered them. First come first served. For me the big issues stem from severe quality control issues to lack of customer service. Of course from a technical aspect we are not customers of Ram. We are customers of the individual dealers. That disconnect gives FCA the easy out so they can blame the dealer. I believe it should be expected to see some issues arise from manufacturing a completely new vehicle but the depth and breadth of the issues we are seeing goes way beyond new product growing pains.
I think I can put up with the outright crappy consumer relationship strategy FCA has but coupled with numerous severe defects and I can’t help but pause. I plan to hang in here until March 1st. If the the horrible service and reports of major breakdowns continues it’s going to be my sign that it’s a bad decision to give Ram my business now or ever. There are to many other options out there to put up with this crap.
I just had a discussion with my wife about this whole debacle and how I am now on the fence about how and if I should procede with this truck. She said the same thing you just did...Give until March and see of the issues continue or trickle off and get better. I am just a little concerned with the serious issues showing up on a $100k vehicle that has been so hyped up for so long, but has turned into a shit show.

Last edited:
March 1st is basically my go/nogo line too. I hope they get better because I do want the truck.

My go-no go line is February 15th. I lose my 1k deposit if I back out right now since I did it once before. I was considering 22 for the Uconnect5 and orange color option but the list of issues is growing and is all over the place which is a lot of scary. First time new Ram buyer. my used high school truck doesn't really count. To the TRXs credit, there are people without issues out there too so hopefully that number grows.

The whole experience has been a mess but at least we found this forum and the cool peeps on it. The randomness of how its happening is wildly frustrating and angering at times. Found out a dealer 50 miles away got their 3rd TRX sold for ADM. All 3 were dealer stock and they have a 4th one shipped on 2/3 that was placed 12/23.....4 months after my order was placed and I don't even have a build date. The truck looked like its worth waiting last week so holding out but its like you have to try really hard to be as bad as Ram is. We all in it together.

I think everybody is overreacting a little bit. This is a new build and shit does happen, most of these issues are not a TRX issue. Most issues are coming from the engine not the TRX itself. The engine was made before the TRX. If you follow breaking in instructions you shouldn’t have much problem. But shit does happen. I had that oil temperature sensor leak, They found the problem and fixed it right away. I haven’t had another issue since and the truck is a beast. They’re building thousands of these trucks, to have some problems is normal. I haven’t noticed a pattern of the same things happening to everybody. Everybody has a different issue. As long as they fix it amd fix it fast, I think everything should be OK.

I think everybody is overreacting a little bit. This is a new build and shit does happen, most of these issues are not a TRX issue. Most issues are coming from the engine not the TRX itself. The engine was made before the TRX. If you follow breaking in instructions you shouldn’t have much problem. But shit does happen. I had that oil temperature sensor leak, They found the problem and fixed it right away. I haven’t had another issue since and the truck is a beast. They’re building thousands of these trucks, to have some problems is normal. I haven’t noticed a pattern of the same things happening to everybody. Everybody has a different issue. As long as they fix it amd fix it fast, I think everything should be OK.
Let's say we hope the issues are "just" the engine, as there are not enough out there to see how the new shocks, drive system, etc do.

I get where you are going, but don't agree. The engine was the one thing that was supposed to be proven.

And the communication (lacktherof) has been shit.

we've not seen repetitive issues. ie, there was 1 front differential issue, 1 oil leak. 1 ac issue.
that's not a whole lot of issues for a new product and in such a production volume.
if this is same engine as in the hellcat, 1 can find data on the engine reliability.
i'm following subject this as my car ends up in israel, w/o local experienced dealer support. closest is the UAE.

My go-no go line is February 15th. I lose my 1k deposit if I back out right now since I did it once before. I was considering 22 for the Uconnect5 and orange color option but the list of issues is growing and is all over the place which is a lot of scary. First time new Ram buyer. my used high school truck doesn't really count. To the TRXs credit, there are people without issues out there too so hopefully that number grows.

The whole experience has been a mess but at least we found this forum and the cool peeps on it. The randomness of how its happening is wildly frustrating and angering at times. Found out a dealer 50 miles away got their 3rd TRX sold for ADM. All 3 were dealer stock and they have a 4th one shipped on 2/3 that was placed 12/23.....4 months after my order was placed and I don't even have a build date. The truck looked like its worth waiting last week so holding out but its like you have to try really hard to be as bad as Ram is. We all in it together.
Their method of filling orders is definitely maddening! :mad:

we've not seen repetitive issues. ie, there was 1 front differential issue, 1 oil leak. 1 ac issue.
that's not a whole lot of issues for a new product and in such a production volume.
if this is same engine as in the hellcat, 1 can find data on the engine reliability.
i'm following subject this as my car ends up in israel, w/o local experienced dealer support. closest is the UAE.
Dan,
This is sort of off subject. I was reading through these posts while patiently waiting for a TRX that was ordered on 8/24. I have a house in Haifa and would like to send my Toyota Landcruiser there but didn't know that was an option. Is it possible to share information on how it can be done. I always rent cars while I'm there and its never anything good. I'd much rather have my own car.
Ash

Ram makes minivans? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Let's say we hope the issues are "just" the engine, as there are not enough out there to see how the new shocks, drive system, etc do.

I get where you are going, but don't agree. The engine was the one thing that was supposed to be proven.

And the communication (lacktherof) has been shit.
I haven't seen any issue that makes me think there is a major underlying design flaw such has faulty engineering. None of the problems we have seen so far are 'engine' problems. It appears something was not installed properly or tightened correctly and caused an oil leak... which potentially could cause damage to the engine, but the engine is not the source problem that needs solved.

Communication is the real problem that can easily be solved by RAM if they so choose.

Dan,
This is sort of off subject. I was reading through these posts while patiently waiting for a TRX that was ordered on 8/24. I have a house in Haifa and would like to send my Toyota Landcruiser there but didn't know that was an option. Is it possible to share information on how it can be done. I always rent cars while I'm there and its never anything good. I'd much rather have my own car.
Ash
hi Ash,

not sure on the complete details;
1 may import a vehicle into israel from abroad as long as it does not extend over 2 yrs beyond factory build date, or its a collectors item and over 30yrs old and those have special rules.
there are few landcruiserV8's, 1 LS570, 4 gx460 which were imported from the US. other than that, the local dealer stopped importing the landcruiserV8 petrol&diesel in 2008. there r a few landcruiser7X from way back as 98.
other than the 1 imported from the US, the european & middle eastern models r euro5 spec and hence r no longer sold in europe (israel is part of toyota europe)

Ram makes minivans?
Or the minivan company makes Ram trucks. Depends on how you look at it.

(old page for the parent company) https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx#
(new page as of 1/16/21) https://www.stellantis.com/en

Whether or not you/we like it... it's all the same company. I remember back in 2014 when I drove a Ferrari California and realized it had the same stereo head unit as my minivan... what a let down. And my Jeep had the same motor as the minivan. To make the economics work they share parts and engineering. It's the world we live in.

While FCA was at one time trying to make RAM stand on its own and spin it out like they did Ferrari, I do not believe this is plan any more. It's just a marketing name. It's all Dodge or Mopar to me.

I still can’t believe they called it Stellantis. That was probably 10M in branding costs just for the name/brand profile. They coulda paid me a million and I woulda thought up a better name then written it in feces on a ford. I rven woulda included the ford

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back