RasMan9

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX, 2021 Audi SQ7
Current Ride #2
2018 BMW M5, 2013 BMW M3
I roll through cars at a pretty good clip...average ~28 months currently...

Has anyone leased their TRX? Details? Miles, $ down, payment?

Thanks in advance.

I checked out of curiosity on a lease for mine. With 10K down as an example, the lease term had to be pushed out to 48 months to get roughly the same payment as a buy at 60 months.

Thanks in advance.
Can you lease these? I'm thinking that is a hard no. They know what people are doing with these vehicles. I'm not sure, but I would assume, that, you can't lease anything with an SRT motor in it.

Can you lease these? I'm thinking that is a hard no. They know what people are doing with these vehicles. I'm not sure, but I would assume, that, you can't lease anything with an SRT motor in it.
Yes you can. I also leased a prior Hellcat product.

Thanks in advance.
I almost always went through putnam/amazon leasing on sportscars when living in California because I would change every 2-3 years and hated eating the full boat sales tax at 8%. But my leases were just structured as leases and were closer to a finance (i.e there were no mileage limits per year and you couldn’t hand in the keys at the end. You either sold it or renewed at end of term).

now that I live in Oregon where there is 0.5% sales tax on new cars and 2.xx interest rates I am financing as much as possible on either a 36 or 48 month term

You can lease nearly anything. Just a structuring thing and leasing company

Thank you for clearing that up. I did not know that.
I’ve used Putnam and Amazon Leasing. Amazon may be California only but google supercar leases and a few companies should come up. Also if you are running the vehicle under a business the lease option is typically better financially due to write off.

i financed a porsche in CA and kicked myself after for eating that giant tax

I checked out of curiosity on a lease for mine. With 10K down as an example, the lease term had to be pushed out to 48 months to get roughly the same payment as a buy at 60 months.
What were the payments out of curiosity?

Never once seen the math work out on a lease, can't imagine paying taxes and a huge payment for limited miles to turn in and have nothing. I'll take depreciation over zero all day long. To each their own.

For what it’s worth, these high end trucks hold their value very well. I’m getting $58k on trade for a $82k platinum superduty I bought 4 years ago. Financed for 2% over 84 mo, bc why not. Still owe $32k, so I’m gonna have over 25k equity from a long lease that I only put $5k down on.

For what it’s worth, these high end trucks hold their value very well. I’m getting $58k on trade for a $82k platinum superduty I bought 4 years ago. Financed for 2% over 84 mo, bc why not. Still owe $32k, so I’m gonna have over 25k equity from a long lease that I only put $5k down on.
25k equity from a long lease. :unsure:

Lease rates are like finance rates - you can negotiate them the same. You can also vary the up front offset payment to change the monthly. The "danger" is if you decide to keep it at the end of the lease - you have to pay sales tax then too...

I'm old school and generally believe unless it is a mortgage, if you can't pay cash you can't afford it. Bought mine outright in cash.

That said, I've had my 2500 for 11 years so I don't have vehicle turnover. If you get under 2.5% probably makes sense to finance even if you have the cash as you'll get a better return in real estate or in the stock market (why I don't pay off my school loans - interest is too low and I just invest the cash).

I just hate debt.

I'm old school and generally believe unless it is a mortgage, if you can't pay cash you can't afford it. Bought mine outright in cash.

That said, I've had my 2500 for 11 years so I don't have vehicle turnover. If you get under 2.5% probably makes sense to finance even if you have the cash as you'll get a better return in real estate or in the stock market (why I don't pay off my school loans - interest is too low and I just invest the cash).

I just hate debt.
Agreed but if I can't make more than 1.79% in the market off my cash, shame on me.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back