TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 TRX
Current Ride #2
A few BMWs
Has anyone explored this yet? Without going into too much detail - I'm having a recurring issue and more importantly, I'm having a hell of a time to get a dealership to take my truck in for service and actually fix something (CEL has been cleared 3 times by 2 different dealers and came back every time).

@Crazyotter how's your situation going?

PS it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that I'm already at this point with this truck. Never had I imagined in my near 6 months of waiting that I would be writing this. I love the vehicle but the complete lack of empathy, service, and customer service across the dealer network is extremely disappointing. @RamCares

Oh god no way! I would look at your state Lemon Laws and talk to a Lemon Lawyer especially if @RamCares doesn't step in to expedite a positive resolution for you on this.

Oh god no way! I would look at your state Lemon Laws and talk to a Lemon Lawyer especially if @RamCares doesn't step in to expedite a positive resolution for you on this.
Yep. Jonny is spot on. Check you state lemon law. Each state has different rules. For example in WI you don’t need a lawyer. All you have to do is collect the documentation and once you meet the requirements set by the state you can file. WI goes through an arbitration process so a lawyer can’t help you in arbitration unless you just want them to speak for you. It’s pretty simple in WI. Not sure about TN.

Ugh, that's terrible. :(

First thing to do is very carefully read through your purchase agreement docs. There's usually a document that dealers make you sign about resolution and arbitration and how to go about it. Then like Johnny said read your state lemon laws carefully. Also try to get advice form an attorney if you have one.

The key here is to walk into the dealership knowing your rights and your means of recourse, If they sense that you know your shit and that you're in the right, they will likely back off and get the buy back process started rather than incur legal fees to fight it, in the process saving you the cost of having to do likewise.

Unfortunately that's not how it usually goes ... even though you're in the right you might have to fight really hard to get this done. Dealers are not in the business of giving people their money back.

Has anyone explored this yet? Without going into too much detail - I'm having a recurring issue and more importantly, I'm having a hell of a time to get a dealership to take my truck in for service and actually fix something (CEL has been cleared 3 times by 2 different dealers and came back every time).

PS it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that I'm already at this point with this truck. Never had I imagined in my near 6 months of waiting that I would be writing this. I love the vehicle but the complete lack of empathy, service, and customer service across the dealer network is extremely disappointing. @RamCares
Send @RamCares a private message, include your vin and explanation.

Ugh, that's terrible. :(

First thing to do is very carefully read through your purchase agreement docs. There's usually a document that dealers make you sign about resolution and arbitration and how to go about it. Then like Johnny said read your state lemon laws carefully. Also try to get advice form an attorney if you have one.

The key here is to walk into the dealership knowing your rights and your means of recourse, If they sense that you know your shit and that you're in the right, they will likely back off and get the buy back process started rather than incur legal fees to fight it, in the process saving you the cost of having to do likewise.

Unfortunately that's not how it usually goes ... even though you're in the right you might have to fight really hard to get this done. Dealers are not in the business of giving people their money back.
Basically this. I would probably hire an attorney to advise you if you aren’t a person that knows the law. I do a fair bit of contract negotiations and have absorbed enough to understand.

if your lemon law states 30 days is the trigger. Drop off your truck and refuse to take it back until fixed.

I did a lemon law claim here in NC before. It was simple, 3 times fixing the same issue, if it doesn't get resolved, its a lemon. All I did was tell the dealer that I would explore a lemon law claim, they escalated it to GM (General Motors in my case), and they purchased my truck back. They refunded me all of my down payment, payments I made on the vehicle, and offered me any vehicle in their portfolio at dealer cost. I literally got a load 65k truck for less than 28k.

But I've said in other threads, let them keep the vehicle in their possession until the vehicle is fixed. The longer it is in their hands, the better it is for you

I did a lemon law claim here in NC before. It was simple, 3 times fixing the same issue, if it doesn't get resolved, its a lemon. All I did was tell the dealer that I would explore a lemon law claim, they escalated it to GM (General Motors in my case), and they purchased my truck back. They refunded me all of my down payment, payments I made on the vehicle, and offered me any vehicle in their portfolio at dealer cost. I literally got a load 65k truck for less than 28k.

But I've said in other threads, let them keep the vehicle in their possession until the vehicle is fixed. The longer it is in their hands, the better it is for you
Awesome advise.

Still no updates from FCA or my dealer.
it’s been in the shop 17 days now

Still no updates from FCA or my dealer.
it’s been in the shop 17 days now
That's crazy. I guess I got to light another fire on Youtube again...

UPDATE: The truck was towed up to the dealer I bought it from (flatbed to avoid miles). Finally a kind gesture from someone, as I didn't have to pay or ask for the flatbed, the service manager simply told me that was the plan. They got the truck in the air and based on just one day in the shop they found that two of the injectors were installed in the wrong cylinders 🤣

I shouldn't be laughing but I'm sick of stressing about all this. They should have the truck back to me next week after a thorough check of the fix as well as the rest of the undercarriage to make sure all is as it should be.

UPDATE: The truck was towed up to the dealer I bought it from (flatbed to avoid miles). Finally a kind gesture from someone, as I didn't have to pay or ask for the flatbed, the service manager simply told me that was the plan. They got the truck in the air and based on just one day in the shop they found that two of the injectors were installed in the wrong cylinders 🤣

I shouldn't be laughing but I'm sick of stressing about all this. They should have the truck back to me next week after a thorough check of the fix as well as the rest of the undercarriage to make sure all is as it should be.
I wonder if that’s what is wrong with mine....

Lol. I was wondering when internal issues would come up

The girls got you lol

@Crazyotter, what's up with your truck?
At first the dealer was convinced that there was an exhaust leak, they called in a field service tech (supposedly an expert) and he couldn’t figure out the problem but they then said it was probably a cylinder head issue. The field tech took a high quality recording of the noise and sent it to their engineers in Detroit to identify. It’s now been 18 days in the shop and I haven’t received any communication from the dealer or FCA in about 10 days. So I unfortunately have no idea what’s going on with the truck, but I do know they have 12 days to magically fix it and have it ready for me to pick up.

At first the dealer was convinced that there was an exhaust leak, they called in a field service tech (supposedly an expert) and he couldn’t figure out the problem but they then said it was probably a cylinder head issue. The field tech took a high quality recording of the noise and sent it to their engineers in Detroit to identify. It’s now been 18 days in the shop and I haven’t received any communication from the dealer or FCA in about 10 days. So I unfortunately have no idea what’s going on with the truck, but I do know they have 12 days to magically fix it and have it ready for me to pick up.
I wouldn’t even call to check on it. Just wait the 12 days then yell surprise and take them from the rear.

It’s not rape if you yell surprise first fyi

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back