Builtright Experience

DIN0ZR

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Military
USMC
Yeah I was obsessed with the fact I got everything to work together so perfectly from two separate vendors haha. I am going to paint them black before I switch everything over to the TRX. Blend it in a bit.

I found the mounts on Etsy- unbeaten path designs. The machining quality is unreal. They are made out of aluminum and the holes lined up PERFECTLY with the Builtright panel slots when using the Builtright molle nuts (you NEED these. Makes installing anything a breeze and super secure - you can order from Builtright). I did have to open up the pre-drilled holes in the UnbeatenPaths mounts just a hair. Looked factory fresh and all I used was a normal drill bit- no burrs or anything. Holes need to be drilled for the same size as the molle nuts.

Another recommendation- I had initially started with the locking Milwaukee mount, but honestly- everything is such a perfect fit that I ended up just using a single non-locking mount. All you need to do to take the cases off is lift. And you still have a friction fit so it’s not like anything is bouncing off when off-roading.

Current version of item on Etsy

I do see that it looks like he changed the design a bit since I ordered - mine looked like this - and were one piece designs. I used just the 2 long pieces. One on each bedside.
View attachment 40746

So idk if there are any differences in fitment.
Thanks! I ordered one of the mounting bars to test out and play around with. I'm a big fan of Milwaukee and their packout system. I created a dual battery system for my Raptor and packaged it all into a Packout tool box. Mounted the battery, charger, and fuse block right into the packout box. Cut connector profiles on the side of the box and mounted connectors there. Mounted the packout box to the bed using the boxlink system and a bracket that is intended to mount ramps to the side of the bed. Used it to run bed lights, air compressor, frig, and more.

OP
OP
O

os1r1s

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Stealth TRX
Current Ride #2
PA24-260
So an update on my saga. After my post, the Builtright guys contacted me. I worked with Matt and Matt to get things right. Matt has already explained what happened, so I won't belabor that point. They shipped me the correct panels via UPS ground April 28th and I got them May 4th. The packaging was *much* better and nothing like what you saw in the original pictures. I decided to accept the front panels with scratches for a credit, with which I have purchased Builtright Molle Nuts. I should get those Monday via USPS. I'd like to thank Matt and Matt for their help making this right. The fit and finish are great as you can see in the installation photos. I would not hesitate to order from them again. My only ask of the Builtright team is for them to figure out how to ship faster :)
IMG_2956.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg
IMG_2958.jpg
IMG_2959.jpg

SneekEm

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram
Awesome to hear it worked out, and the cs from builtright has me going to look into the rear sections for my Trx now. I’ve been using ratcheting bars in the bed of my truck currently but want a better solution for when my Trx shows up. I always keep a cooler or two in my bed and having an easier way to strap it down would be awesome.

HydroTRX420

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Hey there! I'm really sorry to see that this is causing you so much trouble. I wanted to chime in and offer a bit of information and then pass along my direct contact info so that we can help you sort this out.

Without knowing your name I can't really offer too much detail but I can tell you with certainty that this is not an order that we packed or shipped. Strangely, you were shipped a combination of F-150 parts and TRX parts in packaging that is not our standard retail packaging (hence the damage) via FedEx ground, which is not a service that we use. So, basically, I can confidently state that we didn't touch these parts after they were packaged properly and sent to a dealer or distributor.

The great news is that the correct parts you have are the front TRX panels, which are the panels currently backordered. I'm relatively certain that we have the TRX rear panels (passenger and driver) in stock. So again, I don't know where you got these or how the dealer/shipper got them or why the lead times being given are wrong, but we're happy to work with you to sort it out. We expect better than this from everybody who resells our product and will work diligently to ensure nobody else shares this same experience.

Please contact me via email (matt@builtrightind.com) and I'll make sure this is handled as expeditiously as possible.

Matt Beenen
Founder
Hey Matt does this kit work with the ummmmm bed rail package lol or bed group or whatever i have lol. Thanks in advance.

Joemac

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Hydro Blue TRX
Military
USAF
I purchased 3 more square Molle panels for the front wall of the bed. Has anyone drilled through the front of the bed? I am wondering if it is double layered with space between like the sides? I am also wondering if 4 - 6 crushnuts are enough like the sides?

Claasicdrive

TRX Addict
Reaction score
I purchased 3 more square Molle panels for the front wall of the bed. Has anyone drilled through the front of the bed? I am wondering if it is double layered with space between like the sides? I am also wondering if 4 - 6 crushnuts are enough like the sides?
What panels did you get?

Joemac

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Hydro Blue TRX
Military
USAF
They are the square and rectangular universal tech plate add on panels.

Claasicdrive

TRX Addict
Reaction score
They are the square and rectangular universal tech plate add on panels.
what you got will not work for your needs..

you want this and they dont carry it
choose drop down "5.7" short box" and choose front only
No drilling required

Mix and match with builtright side panels ..front box Putco and sides Builtright

Last edited:

Joemac

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Hydro Blue TRX
Military
USAF
Just wondering why it will not work? Is the front of the bed weak? I have spacers to raise the bottom more for the shape of the wall. The Putco looks good, but it does not look like it will work with Builtright side panels.

ascott

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX - Stealth Mode
Current Ride #2
Pedal bike
Military
Army 2004-2016
Hey Matt does this kit work with the ummmmm bed rail package lol or bed group or whatever i have lol. Thanks in advance.
Hey I can say from personal experience that yes- the bed panels are completely compatible with the factory bed rail system. In my Rebel (same bed as the TRX) I have a classic bedrug, the built right panels, the factory bed rails (actually removed them but only because the stuff I had mounted to the panels needed more room up top) and a Retrax pro mx retractable tonneau. No issue.

Oh, and just for more detail- it assembled like a layered sandwich. Bed rug (or not) panels and then bed rails. It’s a pain to balance the rails and the panels while you are putting the fasteners in- but if you have another person to help hold the weight- its not bad. Everything mounts to the factory bed rail mounting points. Word of caution- go easy when tightening the hardware- they are rivnuts- so if you over torque and they spin- it’s a world of hurt to get them out.

Attachments

• FBFF260E-6D05-4644-A566-86DF5A05D493.jpeg
    FBFF260E-6D05-4644-A566-86DF5A05D493.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 16

HydroTRX420

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Hey I can say from personal experience that yes- the bed panels are completely compatible with the factory bed rail system. In my Rebel (same bed as the TRX) I have a classic bedrug, the built right panels, the factory bed rails (actually removed them but only because the stuff I had mounted to the panels needed more room up top) and a Retrax pro mx retractable tonneau. No issue.

Oh, and just for more detail- it assembled like a layered sandwich. Bed rug (or not) panels and then bed rails. It’s a pain to balance the rails and the panels while you are putting the fasteners in- but if you have another person to help hold the weight- its not bad. Everything mounts to the factory bed rail mounting points. Word of caution- go easy when tightening the hardware- they are rivnuts- so if you over torque and they spin- it’s a world of hurt to get them out.
Thanks I appreciate the answer and the tips