Built in Mexico?

Tankrnd1

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram Rebel
Military
Army
I am not sure if anyone has received info that thier TRX may be buil in Mexico. My dealer called me today, and stated that my Truck has been built, and is going to be shipped from Mexico on the 20th. I thought these trucks are being built in the U.S. Can someone tell me if this is accurate.
I am from Washington and as far shipping I would think U.S.
Thanks!

I am not sure if anyone has received info that thier TRX may be buil in Mexico. My dealer called me today, and stated that my Truck has been built, and is going to be shipped from Mexico on the 20th. I thought these trucks are being built in the U.S. Can someone tell me if this is accurate.
Thanks!
All TRX's are made at SHAP in Detroit. Heavy Duty trucks made in Mexico

Yea thats what I am thinking, just wanting to confirm, if anyone else has heard that.

32% of the parts are sourced from Mexico.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210205-165125_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210205-165125_Photos.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 40
I do understand that parts do come from Mexico, I didn't think the whole TRX would.

The mexico plant seems to only build classic trim rams, mostly HD. It's probably a line the dealership uses in case there are delays they can say "oh yeah there's lots of delays having to receive trucks all the way from Mexico".

I just got off the phone with the sales manager, and I asked what the deal was with my truck. He stated that the truck has not been built, but it is D1 status. I asked him what the confusion was he said that the sales person was just excited. And that the scheduled build date is the 20th.
Thanks for the info guys! I am getting a US made truck with some foreign parts lol.

I work for a company that supplies most electrical connectors for automotive applications. And yes the plan is to move all automotive assemblies to Mexico eventually. Fortunately not this year. It's called project sunrise and koch is leading the charge.

If your VIN# starts with a "1"...your vehicle it was manufactured in the United States
Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).

If your VIN# starts with a "1"...your vehicle it was manufactured in the United States
Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
Yes it starts with 1!

Thanks!
Well not for nothing but your dealer is full of complete Shite.... The Trx is built in Sterling Heights, MI. So whatever they are smoking must be working for them but not for you. I would be very afraid to 1 buy my truck from this dealer and 2 have it serviced by them. But then again maybe they are just having a bad day................ Good Luck.

Thanks!
Please! Get a hold of yourself sir! Lol! I spent a lot of time in that part of the world. And I can promise you!!!!!!!! That is not true!! Sorry I was kind of upset for a second.😜

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back