Black Rhino 18x9.5 Wheels That Will Clear Calipers?

jrad801

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Hi all, picking up my new white TRX tomorrow and had a question on wheels. Is anyone running the Black Rhino Chamber wheels in a 18x9.5 +12? I want to see if they clear the calipers before ordering if I can. If not I guess I will be a test case. I’ve seen other Black Rhino wheels in this size being run without clearance issues.

Assuming they do fit, will these be fine for higher speed desert use with stock tires or will that slight extra width and offset cause scrubbing (or worse) on the inside fender under suspension load? I plan to really use the truck in the desert but keep the stock tire size, no interest in 37s or spacer lift. I’ve got an AEV JL370 Rubicon EcoDiesel on 37s for technical trails and rock crawling.

Thanks!

Primm does not fit either. Does anyone know confirmed fitment for 18” Black Rhinos? Wheel Pros isn’t really any help at all and they own Black Rhino.

I’ve got the same dilemma M. Would love to have black rhino wheels on stock tires.
Any luck?

I’ve got the same dilemma M. Would love to have black rhino wheels on stock tires.
Any luck?
Ordering the 18” Black Rhino Rapids in the morning. 0 offset though. I’ll report back after they’re installed.

Ordering the 18” Black Rhino Rapids in the morning. 0 offset though. I’ll report back after they’re installed.
Please do….. looking forward and best of luck 💪🏽

I know black rhino Rapid, Raid, Chase, and Reno fit in 18s as I have seen TRX's with them. Offset might be the defining factor for fit though.

Please do….. looking forward and best of luck 💪🏽
Just got the wheels on the truck this morning. Truck is dirty. Tires are dirty. Wheels are dirty. But I think the Black Rhinos look pretty great. I like the offset as well!

Black Rhino Rapid 18”x8.5” 0 offset in Bronze.
07E797A0-FD0D-4303-B815-BD96FFDEC6E1.jpeg

C4D4EA32-0D52-45A6-B99C-2ED14BBE922F.jpeg

D7A333FC-ADDD-4AC4-A5B1-E8C5DA3DE971.jpeg

Just got the wheels on the truck this morning. Truck is dirty. Tires are dirty. Wheels are dirty. But I think the Black Rhinos look pretty great. I like the offset as well!

View attachment 47626
View attachment 47625
View attachment 47627
Definitely dig these wheels. Is there a reason you picked the 18x8.5? I thought the factory wheel was 18x9? Any negative implications of running a smaller width wheel that you are aware of?

Truck looks super good! I've been eyeing the Rapids in 9.5 with -18 offset.

Truck looks super good! I've been eyeing the Rapids in 9.5 with -18 offset.
I like them as well, considering a set in matte black, just want to ensure I get the sizing correct. Wasn't sure if there was any negative to going with a smaller width in the 8.5 like the OP vs going stock or wider (9.5 like you mentioned).

I like them as well, considering a set in matte black, just want to ensure I get the sizing correct. Wasn't sure if there was any negative to going with a smaller width in the 8.5 like the OP vs going stock or wider (9.5 like you mentioned).
I love the look. The offset is nice too. About 1/2” further out than stock. But you know if I had it to do over again I’d go with a wider wheel. To be honest, I spoke with the guys at my local tire shop about 6 different wheels. By the time we were done going back and forth on the third day of calls I said “order the 0 offset black rhino’s”. (Though I had overlooked that they were less than 9” wide). They assured me they would work just fine and I’ve experienced no issues to date. About 800 miles on them now. I’ve been doing business with these guys for well over a decade and they’ve yet to try to cut corners on me.

I love the look. The offset is nice too. About 1/2” further out than stock. But you know if I had it to do over again I’d go with a wider wheel. To be honest, I spoke with the guys at my local tire shop about 6 different wheels. By the time we were done going back and forth on the third day of calls I said “order the 0 offset black rhino’s”. (Though I had overlooked that they were less than 9” wide). They assured me they would work just fine and I’ve experienced no issues to date. About 800 miles on them now. I’ve been doing business with these guys for well over a decade and they’ve yet to try to cut corners on me.
Just checking you are still happy with these wheels? Still torn between the 8.5” zero offset or the 9” with +12.

Does anyone know the weight of the Black Rhino Rapid 18x8.5" or the 18x9.0"? Thanks

Back