Nowwhat

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
F250, Urus, KTM
Going with a black front skid plate...

A buddy of mine just bought the Night Edition Rebel with the black plate...looks great....

He is contacting dealer with his VIN to see how one buys the black plate....

Rumor is that all replacement plates come Silver and the dealer has them powder coated... like ordering a replacement bumper....will see....would be better if there is a separate part number for black....

Already confirmed...Rebel plate is same as TRX....

Yes I know I could pull my stock plate and have it coated....but the plates are relatively cheap and this way I will have a spare ready....

Raptor guys plasti dip or Line X theirs.......figure powder coat is the best option....

The trickier bit is how to get the RAM grille emblem to match cause it has grey in it to match the stock skid plate, and it will prolly look weird on its own without any other grey on the truck. And you can't use the Rebel one cause it's not hollow like the TRX one and I'm not sure if it would even work even if one was willing to give up a little air flow, although that would be nice to know if it does fit as a backup option.

You could dip it I guess if it will match the rest of the textured plastic on the front clip. Painting it might work, but again color matching unpainted molded plastic is not easy. I ordered a spare one to give to my ppf guys to see if they have vinyl wrap that would work, but getting that to adhere to plastic might be tough.

I'll just experiment with it till I figure it out.

The trickier bit is how to get the RAM grille emblem to match cause it has grey in it to match the stock skid plate, and it will prolly look weird on its own without any other grey on the truck. And you can't use the Rebel one cause it's not hollow like the TRX one and I'm not sure if it would even work even if one was willing to give up a little air flow, although that would be nice to know if it does fit as a backup option.

You could dip it I guess if it will match the rest of the textured plastic on the front clip. Painting it might work, but again color matching unpainted molded plastic is not easy. I ordered a spare one to give to my ppf guys to see if they have vinyl wrap that would work, but getting that to adhere to plastic might be tough.

I'll just experiment with it till I figure it out.
Color matching is not that hard, you get the paint code and you can get a kit with primer and the correct color to paint it. I have done it on many of my Jeeps to make the chrome go away : )
Light sanding, primer, paint coat and you are done. If you can take it off the truck if not mask it thoroughly.
All that being said, I'm not sure that it would look that out of place, need to see in person to judge.

Color matching is not that hard, you get the paint code and you can get a kit with primer and the correct color to paint it. I have done it on many of my Jeeps to make the chrome go away : )
Light sanding, primer, paint coat and you are done. If you can take it off the truck if not mask it thoroughly.
All that being said, I'm not sure that it would look that out of place, need to see in person to judge.

It's not that matching paint to other paint is hard, it's that matching paint to colored molded plastic is tricky as it isn't painted, the pigment is in the plastic mix when molded and it has no paint code.

Last edited:
As I see it... this is the only part number for any plate?... not specifically for a black plate?

I have been assured it's for the black plate ... it was pulled off the VIN of a Midnight Edition Rebel.

I have it on order so I'll be able to confirm pretty soon.

I have been assured it's for the black plate ... it was pulled off the VIN of a Midnight Edition Rebel.

I have it on order so I'll be able to confirm pretty soon.
Hahahaha I hope so.....

I just read on line (for what that is worth) that another guy ordered using the VIN and it came silver...so he tried a second time with a dealer using the VIN.....silver....hahahaha

Let us know...will do the same

Well you were right....

Welp, there's a first (and last) time for everything.

Ohboydoinotlikethisthing-ce81fbebaa9787ad5a1da725e6a42a93-zpsaaaqovyq.jpg

As I see it... this is the only part number for any plate?... not specifically for a black plate?
Just to confirm, you did order #5ZB47GXHAA correct? That is listed as the Rebel Night edition lower bumper so it makes sense that it is black. But I also find references to that part number on other forums stating that it was just primer.

I thought the number was 5ZB47MS5AA

Just to confirm, you did order #5ZB47GXHAA correct? That is listed as the Rebel Night edition lower bumper so it makes sense that it is black. But I also find references to that part number on other forums stating that it was just primer.
A kid that works for me is going to pick it up today from his Dealer...We used his VIN from his Rebel Night Edition,....Dealer called and said plate was black....will take some pics tonight....

A kid that works for me is going to pick it up today from his Dealer...We used his VIN from his Rebel Night Edition,....Dealer called and said plate was black....will take some pics tonight....
Awesome, thank you!

So here is what we have.. looks like beautiful powdercoating to me..finished inside and out

Also part number
Nice. Now are we sure this will fit the Trx? Thanks for the info!

Back