Beware of rock chips.

Bubbabean50

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 ram TRX
Well less than 1000 miles and both rear rocker panels and fender flares are significantly chipped and marred already on my crystal granite TRX. Road near my camp was recently tarred and chipped and despite traveling at 20 mph the damage was done. I had no running boards as I was waiting for the mopar power boards to be installed. As fate would have it I was literally one day away from having ppf put on. Obviously my dumb ass fault but if you have same situation go baby crawl speed.

Thanks. Yeah just joined. Regardless I’m not wild about look of the flaps but hey now I get a brand new paint job vs a 1000 mile old one

Clear bra is a must from day one as well as some steps or power steps that can deploy down while driving.

I had a 2012 Power Wagon with black paint on the lower rockers like the TRX has. After one hunting season I could see this was going to be an issue, so the rockers got coated with Line-X. My TRX will get the same treatment.

Thanks. Yeah just joined. Regardless I’m not wild about look of the flaps but hey now I get a brand new paint job vs a 1000 mile old one
At least you don’t need to pay for ppf now.

i had my truck scheduled for a full satin ppf. I live about 8 hours from what I would consider a city(Portland/SF). Only one xpel installer whose work was good imo. He had a heart attack.

Selfish asshole said he could only do a front bikini because he had to go have “heart sugery”

I’ve basically said fuck it. I have the front protected. I have front flaps and side steps. If it gets banged up beyond that so be it

At least you don’t need to pay for ppf now.

i had my truck scheduled for a full satin ppf. I live about 8 hours from what I would consider a city(Portland/SF). Only one xpel installer whose work was good imo. He had a heart attack.

Selfish asshole said he could only do a front bikini because he had to go have “heart sugery”

I’ve basically said fuck it. I have the front protected. I have front flaps and side steps. If it gets banged up beyond that so be it
Haha some people

I had a 2012 Power Wagon with black paint on the lower rockers like the TRX has. After one hunting season I could see this was going to be an issue, so the rockers got coated with Line-X. My TRX will get the same treatment.
I’ve read of it. Seems like a simple fix. I’ll check it out. Thank you for the advice.

I have a couple rock chips too, but mine are higher up near the gas door

I’ve read of it. Seems like a simple fix. I’ll check it out. Thank you for the advice.
I actually did a lot with Line-X on the Power Wagon:
-Rockers
-Rock Rails
-Bumpers
-Headache Rack
-Fender Flares
C5915EE2-B22B-4DEC-AD36-5B091F5A77FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Mud flaps and running boards are doing a good job of keeping most things off the side of my truck

Glad you have a positive outlook. A paint repair is just that and the value of the truck just went down.

Back