Best Tonneau cover?

Big B

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2011 Honda Element
I have the the retrax pro and I’m very happy with it. I did get a rhino cargo carrier to make up for the loss of bed space with the retrax canister.
Looks good. What is the length of the bars you ordered and are you happy with them?

NoHo Hank

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Anything available for a bed with ram bar that is water tight? A water tight bed cover is a must but I really don't want to lose the ram bar.

OP
S

shapiroeric

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Eric Shapiro
Current Ride
17 Raptor
Military
USN
I struggled with this for a long time. Originally ordered OEM which is not the best. Dust and water get in, catches wind like a ships sail. Needed something better.

I wanted light weight. Why weigh down a performance truck? Couldn’t accept losing bed volume, so no retrax style covers, besides they are heavier. Finally choose to go with Lomax/weathertech. Went with weathertech (made by lomex) to get weathertechs lifetime warranty.

Ordered from Johny at Just Bolt Ons. Cover shipped right away. Nicely boxed and well protected. Installed it yesterday. Super easy. Only tools needed were a 1/2” wrench, plastic clamp and a beer. Was done before finishing the beer, and I drink fast.
Thanks 👍. I just looked at it and yes identical. I think I’ll do that is they are easy to work with. All depends on who can get me one quickest

Redeyecrazy

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
james Miller
Current Ride
2019 Destroyer Grey Hellcat Red Eye, 2021 Granite TRX, 2021 Durango Hellcat (wife's), 2016 Lingenfelter (700 HP) Chevy SS
I installed the Roll n Lock E series last weekend and I really like it.
thinking about going this route - does the existing rail setup in the bed remain? i got the bed utility group

F6F Ram

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Granite Crystal
Military
Veteran
thinking about going this route - does the existing rail setup in the bed remain? i got the bed utility group
I was concerned about that also but it fits just fine with no modifications.

Xport3D

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
C7 Z51
I have the ReTrax Pro on order, the Yakima HD rack fits into the T slots, and had a rhino rack platform installed onto quick release support brackets just in case I ever have topless women wanting to shake it out through the sunroof....

Attachments

• 20210903_191810.jpg
    20210903_191810.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 41

SnowDawg

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX/ 2018 Raptor
Military
Army
It looks like the Lomax doesn't fold up against the back window like the BAK? It looks nice but that would be the deciding factor for me. My last BAK also looks great at 7 years old so it's hard to argue with that

HellcatTruck

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
C63 AMG
How much space does it take up in the bed?
Need to measure. The good thing about it is it takes zero space at the bottom. I hauled 14 sheets of hardi with no issues. She just sat down in the rear. The only issue I could see is if you plan to load up a quad, bike or something similar that needs the length in the middle or top of the bed.

Phillytrx

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Mike
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
Need to measure. The good thing about it is it takes zero space at the bottom. I hauled 14 sheets of hardi with no issues. She just sat down in the rear. The only issue I could see is if you plan to load up a quad, bike or something similar that needs the length in the middle or top of

Phillytrx

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Mike
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
Thanks, I’m looking for the depth it takes up. Love the design just hoping it's not to bulky. If you could measure I’d appreciate it!

OP
S

shapiroeric

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Eric Shapiro
Current Ride
17 Raptor
Military
USN
Just got the Lomax today and 15 min got it on. Super impressed. Night and day vs my OEM Raptor cover and I would highly recommend if you order the truck don’t buy the optional cover. Definitely go aftermarket

timinnd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Rebel. 2022 TRX ordered.
I just called the closest big accessory shop...that is independent...they carry a handful of brands of covers, liners, running boards, tubes, toppers, etc....

Long and short of it...I asked him (worker on phone) what he'd get if got any tonneau cover of his choice for free.

He said "Lomax tri-fold". He said they no longer carry BAK because of issues they've had to deal. I asked about the BAK Revolver X4. He said that is their newest one, and they stopped carrying BAK before that model came out.

Reactions: RTG

Riceman

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
I just put on the Tonno Pro cover as someone mention here. I have a Ram bar. I had to remove the weatherstrip from the rails where Rambar is. Without cutting it off it won’t squeeze enough to get the cover on. It was 250+ on Amazon.

TReXing

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Jesse
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
USMC
I have the ReTrax Pro on order, the Yakima HD rack fits into the T slots, and had a rhino rack platform installed onto quick release support brackets just in case I ever have topless women wanting to shake it out through the sunroof....
Just in case? If you don’t have a topless woman shaking it through the sunroof… you’re TRX-ing wrong 😑

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com