TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Eric Shapiro
Current Ride
17 Raptor
Military
USN
What do you guys recommend for a hard tonneau cover....I had the Ford OEM on my Raptor but my Ram does not have it....I'm seeing a ton of options....any recommendations?

Twisted Pair

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Chuck
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
Shallow Sport X3, 2018 Harley Ultra
Military
U.S. Air Force
I’ve had a few of the different brands, the Retrax Pro is a good one. It also fits if you have The Ram Bar.

Speedy3

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram Rebel, Taco, etron
Current Ride #2
Triumph Speed Triple
I think it depends on what you intend to use your bed for. I have a bakflip mx4 on my Rebel. I works well and keeps 99% of water out but I hate that it completely blocks the rear window when I have a bed full of bikes on the tailgate pad. I had a retrax pro mx on my raptor and it was pricey but would’ve served me better now. Downside of the retrax is the canister takes up some precious space in the bed.

Last edited:

Bubbabean50

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Cole
Current Ride
2021 ram TRX
What do you guys recommend for a hard tonneau cover....I had the Ford OEM on my Raptor but my Ram does not have it....I'm seeing a ton of options....any recommendations?
I have the the retrax pro and I’m very happy with it. I did get a rhino cargo carrier to make up for the loss of bed space with the retrax canister.

Attachments

• B6DAE428-CBA0-4CAE-8059-F4587946077B.jpeg
    B6DAE428-CBA0-4CAE-8059-F4587946077B.jpeg
    510.1 KB · Views: 75
OP
S

shapiroeric

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Eric Shapiro
Current Ride
17 Raptor
Military
USN
No RamBar. I had a trifold hard one on my Raptor and was happy with it. Did the job and allowed for all the room. And don’t often have it all the way up to block the view as Speedy said.

Just a lot of options and not sure which one is “the best”….I know Ford doesn’t actually make their cover but not sure who’s it was….

Redeyecrazy

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
james Miller
Current Ride
2019 Destroyer Grey Hellcat Red Eye, 2021 Granite TRX, 2021 Durango Hellcat (wife's), 2016 Lingenfelter (700 HP) Chevy SS
thinking about ordering a roll n lock retractable - retrax pro a consideration as well - will have to look at the BAK

Steiger

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver level 2
I have a BAK X4s. The one I have now is good. However, they had to ship 4 covers to me before I got a good one. The first 2 were defective. The 3rd got lost. The forth was just right lol. Johnny from Justboltons.com kept after BAK until I was satisfied.

HighHP

TRX Member
Reaction score
Have one of these on my Raptor. Best cover I have ever had. This is the manufacturer. This cover is also sold under other brand names usually at higher price. I will be ordering one for my TRX when it gets delivered.

BlueTRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Carlos
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I'm thinking about getting this MOPAR tri fold. I saw on youtube a guy with a ram bar installing it and it was fit flush unlike the BAK X4's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903-235012_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210903-235012_Samsung Internet.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 29

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Does anyone with the Bak X4s have the rambar? More and more i think i want it. I already have the X4s and like above i had one defective top but now my second one looks perfect. I keep debating the Rambar but i like the way it looks with the Hydro blue soooo i think it is time if it fits with my bedcover.

e3man

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
13 Raptor
Current Ride #2
14 CTS-V
Have one of these on my Raptor. Best cover I have ever had. This is the manufacturer. This cover is also sold under other brand names usually at higher price. I will be ordering one for my TRX when it gets delivered.

I have one of these on my raptor too. Its holding up great so far. Probably get one for the TRX once I get it.

OP
S

shapiroeric

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Eric Shapiro
Current Ride
17 Raptor
Military
USN
thanks everyone. The Lomax and Bak look like the front runners. Having come from a tri fold I think I might stick with it….

04Ram2500Hemi

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I’ve always ran a Truxedo roll up cover on my trucks. Good quality, good price, and lifetime warranty.

T4Dey

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Ted
Current Ride
2019 Rebel
I would go with the BAK Revolver X4s.
Completely flush, quick to open and close, doesn’t block the window, easy to remove with no tools required.
I second this. Just installed the X4s on Saturday and I’m completely impressed with it.

My previous truck had a Tri fold and the occasional times I needed the full bed involved removing the entire cover. I was hesitant to get a roll cover because most of them use Velcro to seal the edges. I wasn’t a fan of that. The X4s uses little feet on the edge of cover that sit in a track which has a securing latch along the entire edge. Everything locks smoothly in place when the cover is closed.

F6F Ram

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Granite Crystal
Military
Veteran
I installed the Roll n Lock E series last weekend and I really like it.

RTG

Prestige Worldwide
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX Granite
Current Ride #2
2021 Ram TRX Blue
I struggled with this for a long time. Originally ordered OEM which is not the best. Dust and water get in, catches wind like a ships sail. Needed something better.

I wanted light weight. Why weigh down a performance truck? Couldn’t accept losing bed volume, so no retrax style covers, besides they are heavier. Finally choose to go with Lomax/weathertech. Went with weathertech (made by lomex) to get weathertechs lifetime warranty.

Ordered from Johny at Just Bolt Ons. Cover shipped right away. Nicely boxed and well protected. Installed it yesterday. Super easy. Only tools needed were a 1/2” wrench, plastic clamp and a beer. Was done before finishing the beer, and I drink fast.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com