TRX Member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Raptor
Current Ride #2
2019 Mustang GT
Post if you think you got a great, decent, or bad hand on your purchase price. I bet there are more people buying at MSRP or under than most realize.

Who is ordering a custom vehicle and paying under MSRP?
I paid MSRP in NJ..

I've done it several times (6 I can think of right of the top of my head), but haven't been able to find a TRX to pull the trigger on yet :)

I paid 5k over MSRP for my non LE. Was told 20k over was the starting bid for LE. Minimum. Was told all LE's from Denver would be auctioned starting at 20k over. Was told this by 2 ram dealers in my state. (Montana) Disgusting they monopolize the truck like that.

I had a dealership in neighboring town want 5k over for non LE model, found a LE in Plano for MSRP. It looks like they are dealership is making about $6500 plus holdback of $2744? Am I reading this correctly.

Attachments

• 5EA81933-4E53-440D-85BB-4C4DB4032468.jpeg
    5EA81933-4E53-440D-85BB-4C4DB4032468.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 58
I had a dealership in neighboring town want 5k over for non LE model, found a LE in Plano for MSRP. It looks like they are dealership is making about $6500 plus holdback of $2744? Am I reading this correctly.
Invoice is on the right side. MSRP is obviously on the left.
Friends and Family pricing (also supplier pricing) and employee pricing on far left.
The hold back is what the dealer makes on the new truck sale from the manufacturer.

Correct. 9244.00. Makes you question why they would ask for more and screw the consumer.

Invoice or MSRP??
What was the base price before options?
Dealer would not let me keep the sheet that had the invoice pricing and all the discounts. MSRP on my truck is $88,420 I got it for $83,240. Dealer invoice was $81,740. I saw the sheet, we negotiated off the sheet with all thge information on it. the only reason I did not get a better price was the company I work for is no longer an FCA vendor - I was expecting Supplier pricing which would have been about $79K ish.. I cant remember exactly now, but I no longer work for an FCA supplier...Base price before options was $65,136

Got mine for invoice. I completely understand some dealers wanting MSRP for a truck that’s not even built, but going over is greedy.
Those willing to pay 5k or more over should just find one selling at MSRP and spend that 5k on a road trip to pick up their truck.

If you’ve got one for over MSRP I’d just keep your order in and look for a better deal.

Dealer would not let me keep the sheet that had the invoice pricing and all the discounts. MSRP on my truck is $88,420 I got it for $83,240. Dealer invoice was $81,740. I saw the sheet, we negotiated off the sheet with all thge information on it. the only reason I did not get a better price was the company I work for is no longer an FCA vendor - I was expecting Supplier pricing which would have been about $79K ish.. I cant remember exactly now, but I no longer work for an FCA supplier...Base price before options was $65,136
What dealership?

What dealership?
Bill Harmon at Lochmandy motors in Elkhart Indiana. Mention my name. Work your deal, please don't mention my deal. I know anther forum member worked his own deal and was able to get my same deal. $1500 over invoice..

Last edited:
Bill Harmon at Lochmandy motors in Elkhart Indiana. Mention my name. Work your deal, please don't mention my deal. I know anther forum member got my same deal yesterday.
My home town ;)

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back