Best Deal? Granger? Koons? Other?

The 4% below invoice deal equates to about 10.778% off MSRP. So if you want a fully loaded BEAST, you can save even more over the $9k off MSRP.

My example:
MSRP $97,810
Invoice $90,904
Sale Price $87,267

I'm saving an additional $1.5k+ over the $9k off MSRP deal.

But if you're getting a minimally equipment or base TRX, then the $9k off is comparable (maybe a few hundred dollars better).

But that's the beauty of it... shop around this forum for the best deal for you (I would say take it to your local dealership to see if they will match, but reading in this thread doesn't look like that's viable). Take into consideration the DOC Fees too. Some are pretty ridiculous. Other than price... you also have to look at the location of the dealership. If one is closer than the others, it may offset the price difference.

Best of luck to you (and whomever else is ordering now) to get the best deal!

1634990143520.png

Last edited:
I did the same with the same result. Can't understand why some dealers can do it, but others tell you no.
I think they may prefer a low volume high margin business model. High volume sales model requires they have be very efficient in their sales and delivery process. Some dealers just can't or won't think big picture.

Best deal is to get an offer from one of the major discount stores, then show it to your local dealer to see if they can match it. I just did this and scored! Saves the hassle of shipping or flying out to pick up your truck.
you see, i would've did this, but the dealers are so arrogant. So why give them my money? Anytime i buy a vehicle, i want the lowest possible price right out of the gate. I dont want to negotiate, or show you numbers from elsewhere. I want bottom line, right away.

Dodge in Margate, FL down here has a trx for 25 over. I said "wow" when he said that. He replied with "yeah, everyone's doing it"

I replied "not really, down here yes" He kind've gave me a puzzled look. I walked out. I just went to see the side steps on their trx anyway. FUCK SOUTH FLORIDA DEALERS.

ok, end rant. And good morning to all! My TRX should be here today.

I think they may prefer a low volume high margin business model. High volume sales model requires they have be very efficient in their sales and delivery process. Some dealers just can't or won't think big picture.
That certainly makes some sense. I can see that being the case with one of the smaller dealers I spoke with, but the other one I just bought a work truck from claims to be the largest volume RAM dealer in TX. Best they would offer is MSRP on an order. They were certainly efficient on my work truck transaction, so volume and efficiency isn't their hang up.

Any of the dealers offering good deals are giving you significantly better offers than 99% of other dealers. You just need to think of convenience and trust as deciding factor. I don't think there's a wrong answer, more like good and very good options.

It doesn't have to be with us for sure, other great dealers out there.

Zack, I just ordered a TRX through your dealership Friday. I just saw this new post of KOONS for $10,000 off msrp. I received 9,000 off from you guys. Are you able to match KOONS new discount and apply the additional 1,000? I have already referred 2 fully loaded TRX customers to Amanda (they both put down the deposit and are purchasing fully loaded units) and I plan on referring many more your way. Are you able to match KOONS 10k discount even though I already signed the DocuSign?
Cmon let's compare apples to apples. Zack charges a $180 doc fees while koons is charging $890 . So instead of a 1k saving you save around $300 by going with Koons . Zack charges $45 tags , not sure about koons but anything more than $45 makes koons deal identical with Zacks Fees are part of the deal too . After fees there is a very slight difference if ANY in pricing. Looks like 9k off is the sweet spot and none can or willing to go bellow that. There always could be a 15k off dealer but fees can be 6k .

you see, i would've did this, but the dealers are so arrogant. So why give them my money? Anytime i buy a vehicle, i want the lowest possible price right out of the gate. I dont want to negotiate, or show you numbers from elsewhere. I want bottom line, right away.

Dodge in Margate, FL down here has a trx for 25 over. I said "wow" when he said that. He replied with "yeah, everyone's doing it"

I replied "not really, down here yes" He kind've gave me a puzzled look. I walked out. I just went to see the side steps on their trx anyway. FUCK SOUTH FLORIDA DEALERS.

ok, end rant. And good morning to all! My TRX should be here today.

I bought mine from Schumacher in Del Ray for sticker in the early summer so that was not bad but generally I agree the dealers here are terrible. I live 0.5 miles from University Dodge/Ram and I find them to be exceptional terrible with ADMs.

Zack, I just ordered a TRX through your dealership Friday. I just saw this new post of KOONS for $10,000 off msrp. I received 9,000 off from you guys. Are you able to match KOONS new discount and apply the additional 1,000? I have already referred 2 fully loaded TRX customers to Amanda (they both put down the deposit and are purchasing fully loaded units) and I plan on referring many more your way. Are you able to match KOONS 10k discount even though I already signed the DocuSign?
Yes, as posted Below the difference is minimal when factoring in dealer fees. The $9000 off is our offer.

Yes, as posted Below the difference is minimal when factoring in dealer fees. The $9000 off is our offer.

Additionally...the difference between all of you guys (that are doing everyone a huge solid by the way) on here, is negligible.

Kudos to all the dealers offering in the neighborhood of 7.5-10k off msrp.

Correct. I didn't know they had an $899 doc fee. So the difference is give or take $400 considering your doc fee of $225. Fair enough. Excited for my build! Will be doing lots of future business with you. Do you offer specials for paint protection or ppf or something along those lines? (Have to drive it 400 miles back home and would rather have peace of mind) as long as the price is reasonable? @Zach@Granger
Doc fees are $180 plus $45 tags. The other dealer charges $895 doc fees alone plus tags

This isn't a big box store... there's no "if you find a lower price within 30 days of purchase, we'll credit you the difference". Zach offered a VERY fair price, which you agreed to. Done deal. The fact that someone else comes along with a better (on the surface*) offer does nothing to negate that previous deal. Sure, you can ask - but Zach (or anyone else, for that matter) would be nuts to agree to a re-negotiation, for a number of reasons. Do you have any idea the number of deals he's done with others at the $9K off price point? Do you think if he relented and agreed to knock off another $1K, that everyone else wouldn't want the same? Your "one-off" deal could potentially cost him well over $100K. Your deal isn't even CLOSE to worth it.

I really don't know how guys like Zach, Tom @ Chapman, and others deal with the incessant nit-picking and bullshit that I see them dealing with on a daily basis. I guess that's one of the reasons I'm not in sales. If it were me, I'd tell the whole freaking lot of you to go choke yourselves. You're getting a great deal on a VERY hot item, with a fairly slim margin on the dealer's part, yet you're acting like you're a luxury high-end customer who's ass must be kissed just right to maintain the deal, or the salesperson won't be able to feed his family for the winter.

I said it once before, when the masses here descended on OkieTRX when he was offering next-to-cost warranties... you all are like the crowd in Cocoon who all jump in the pool and drain the life force from the poor alien, without a hint of concern or caring. Me, me, me... that's all that ever matters.

Maybe I need a drink... where's that Dram of the Day thread?

Correct. I didn't know they had an $899 doc fee. So the difference is give or take $400 considering your doc fee of $225. Fair enough. Excited for my build! Will be doing lots of future business with you. Do you offer specials for paint protection or ppf or something along those lines? (Have to drive it 400 miles back home and would rather have peace of mind) as long as the price is reasonable? @Zach@Granger
Yes, we sure can. Jay at our store jayv@grangermotors.com can help coordinate all of that stuff.

so the difference could actually be less than $400 in that case.
It actually is. And the other dealer is very firm , too firm imo, to handle your sale taxes . Not sure why . As a personal preference I'd rather handle the taxes myself. Also, your location is important. One dealer is in Virginia while the other in Iowa.

This isn't a big box store... there's no "if you find a lower price within 30 days of purchase, we'll credit you the difference". Zach offered a VERY fair price, which you agreed to. Done deal. The fact that someone else comes along with a better (on the surface*) offer does nothing to negate that previous deal. Sure, you can ask - but Zach (or anyone else, for that matter) would be nuts to agree to a re-negotiation, for a number of reasons. Do you have any idea the number of deals he's done with others at the $9K off price point? Do you think if he relented and agreed to knock off another $1K, that everyone else wouldn't want the same? Your "one-off" deal could potentially cost him well over $100K. Your deal isn't even CLOSE to worth it.

I really don't know how guys like Zach, Tom @ Chapman, and others deal with the incessant nit-picking and bullshit that I see them dealing with on a daily basis. I guess that's one of the reasons I'm not in sales. If it were me, I'd tell the whole freaking lot of you to go choke yourselves. You're getting a great deal on a VERY hot item, with a fairly slim margin on the dealer's part, yet you're acting like you're a luxury high-end customer who's ass must be kissed just right to maintain the deal, or the salesperson won't be able to feed his family for the winter.

I said it once before, when the masses here descended on OkieTRX when he was offering next-to-cost warranties... you all are like the crowd in Cocoon who all jump in the pool and drain the life force from the poor alien, without a hint of concern or caring. Me, me, me... that's all that ever matters.

Maybe I need a drink... where's that Dram of the Day thread?
Agreed. I take back what I said, I don't mind even if it was the entire 1k. I agreed to it - you're absolutely right. Now the only hard part will be patiently waiting for the truck to come in. 9k off is a very reasonable deal and I am happy with the purchase and will KEEP on referring Zack and his dealership to everyone I know that's interested in this truck. I already referred 2 fully loaded TRX clients to him. And will continue doing so. There's no going wrong here with any of these deals/dealers

Last edited:
It actually is. And the other dealer is very firm , too firm imo, to handle your sale taxes . Not sure why . As a personal preference I'd rather handle the taxes myself. Also, your location is important. One dealer is in Virginia while the other in Iowa.
Can we all just purchase our vehicles like we live in Montana?

So I think I'm finally ready to bite the bullet and order a TRX. Wish I had found these forums a long time ago, what a $$ saver. Anyways, any suggestions? I see Granger is $9000 off and I hear Koons is doing $9500 off now? I don't know much about either or maybe there is a better deal I'm missing? Any guidance would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
I ordered my TRX through Granger a couple weeks ago. Not due to deliver till Feb. They were very easy to work with and appear to be up front and honest thus far in the process.

Back