Ben Hardy TRX Video - Out of Commission

We don't know what he did before he started the video, but if you watch him at about 4 minutes in, listen to the engine and just watch the RPM clusters he's reving it out, engine braking on the limiter almost and commenting that he hasn't figures out where to shit the truck.

I just noticed that.

Honestly the more closely I look at that video the more obvious it is that the whole thing was a setup ... no one can be that shitty a driver. He's bitching about wiper blades while pegging the limiter and wondering what happened when it kicks in to save itself from him.

We don't know what he did before he started the video, but if you watch him at about 4 minutes in, listen to the engine and just watch the RPM clusters he's reving it out, engine braking on the limiter almost and commenting that he hasn't figures out where to shit the truck.
He says early in the video he was driving other trails before filming this one. I went back and looked at his raptor videos and he does the same logic of engine braking with it.

As long as your not suffering from any of the big singular issues, own the truck. Love the truck and have fun with fucker.
I'll be the first to tell you if there is a probblem. I spent 8 months burning my second Viper to the ground on the track (TA). I have four gen 5 Vipers, 2013 (converted to a Prefix 9 Liter), 2014 TA, 2016 ACRE, and 2017 ACRE.
The Acr-e is legit. I’m bummed they stopped making them

Well it seems to me that this is a probable setup. There seems to be a trend recently by U tubers to blow shit up for views and generate revenue. And this guy is a complete dweeb!! IMHO. 🙃

edit: And don’t start blowing stuff up on your channel @KnightMare 🤣🤣

It is a high performance truck. you have to operate it as such. It isn't bullet proof, it will protect itself by shitting the bed if you piss it off. There are QC issues that create extenuating problems. But I will tell you this truck is fucking amazing.

Well it seems to me that this is a probable setup. There seems to be a trend recently by U tubers to blow shit up for views and generate revenue. And this guy is a complete dweeb!! IMHO. 🙃
Exactly, do you for one second think he didn't get click bate pay from Ford for that. Ram has trolled them hard.

No one in their right mind would drive a vehicle after something blows up and it is leaking fluid from an unknown source. That tells you all you need to know about this owner and his mechanical/driving abilities.

It is a high performance truck. you have to operate it as such. It isn't bullet proof, it will protect itself by shitting the bed if you piss it off. There are QC issues that create extenuating problems. But I will tell you this truck is fucking amazing.
I’m with you, I plan on having as much fun as possible with this beast, if I ever get it, and let the chips fall where they may. If I break it then I’ll just have to fix it. Cheers

Last edited:
I watched the vid again. He is pinning that rpm gauge and there are many many instances where he tries to downshift but truck says “STAHP” (or the equivalent) in center of cluster. That is really poor rev management.

Just look at the thumbnail.... nuff said.

He didn't like my comment I guess...

Untitled.png

I guess this is what you have to do if you’re desperate to try to make people wait a year for a V8 without losing half your market share in the process.
If I wanted youtube clicks I woulda driven it normally, loosened coolant line off camera then waited for something to go wrong.... not blow a tranny

If I wanted youtube clicks I woulda driven it normally, loosened coolant line off camera then waited for something to go wrong.... not blow a tranny
There is a reason Ram gives you all the data screens. So you can see what is going on and manage your driving style against it. My bet is dealer pulls the data and he should be fucked... May not be, but should be. Here is the equivalent, if you sit there in your driveway, in neutral, and pin the throttle, the motor will blow. Is FCA liable for that? No.

So far we’ve learned on YouTube how to destroy your TRX in 1 week by either:

A)Pegging the throttle and launching your truck across a 20’ canal.

B)Pegging the throttle and engine braking / exploding your transmission while you’re “off-roading”

So far we’ve learned on YouTube how to destroy your TRX in 1 week by either:

A)Pegging the throttle and launching your truck across a 20’ canal.

B)Pegging the throttle and engine braking / exploding your transmission while you’re “off-roading”
@KnightMare came out of the closet too. And I bought a dead man’s truck.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back