Belt Squealing after Rain/Dusty Areas - Ripatuned 13k miles

I don't know. As a follow-up to my comment about using it as an off-road truck I got the answer below. Maybe it is the tensioners. Who knows, I hope. It is like pulling teeth and I'm bothering them. I will install their pulley kit this weekend and report back over the next month. It would be nice to have a proper CS conversation, their shit is not cheap and is running on expensive motors, so a thorough and helpful answer would be nice. Is what it is. if their tensioner works, great, if not they suck.

"You have something going on with your pulley alignments or possibly a bad tensioner. We have seen vehicles with 1000 miles on them have failing tensioner"
Before installing the new stuff, I’d eyeball all the pulleys you can see. It could be a wobble in one of them that makes the belt more prone to slippage.

I have a wobble on one that ram service is fixing right now. Same thing as you, when I put water on the belt just before it went through the offending part, noise went away. Came back once water evaporated.

Which pulley kit from them are you ordering?

Before installing the new stuff, I’d eyeball all the pulleys you can see. It could be a wobble in one of them that makes the belt more prone to slippage.

I have a wobble on one that ram service is fixing right now. Same thing as you, when I put water on the belt just before it went through the offending part, noise went away. Came back once water evaporated.

Which pulley kit from them are you ordering?
It is the one from Ripatuned. I ordered on the phone a while back, and they came in a couple of weeks ago. They said the ones that come with the 800+ kit, to include the tensioner. I'll check the stock ones prior.

Installed the lower pulley from Ripatuned a few weeks ago and pinned it. Went to an off road rally this past weekend and with the dust my belt started squealing and looks like I may have lost a lb. or so of boost. I am educating myself on belt tensioner options and of course a new belt and hope that fixes the problem. These trucks were purposed for off road use and should be suited for just that without issues like this in my opinion. I have the black belt currently and going to try the green belt with the new tensioner when I figure out what my best option is.

Any suggestions on a good upgrade for the tensioner?

Anyone know the part# or where to get the correct "green" belt for the TRX?

Thanks in advance

Installed the lower pulley from Ripatuned a few weeks ago and pinned it. Went to an off road rally this past weekend and with the dust my belt started squealing and looks like I may have lost a lb. or so of boost. I am educating myself on belt tensioner options and of course a new belt and hope that fixes the problem. These trucks were purposed for off road use and should be suited for just that without issues like this in my opinion. I have the black belt currently and going to try the green belt with the new tensioner when I figure out what my best option is.

Any suggestions on a good upgrade for the tensioner?

Anyone know the part# or where to get the correct "green" belt for the TRX?

Thanks in advance
I never got to the tensioner install as I sold it for a 22. Ripatuned makes one, it is the one I bought, but can't speak for it yet. Go to Gates site and see if you can find the green alternative to the black part number. I wish Ripatuned would list the belts separately, or have part numbers for the components they sell. There is a chat feature and you can try your luck leaving a message with email there.

I ended up hosing the pulleys off, then applying belt conditioner and that stopped it until the next time. I don't know if it is a ripatuned thing or not. I did not have this issue in Moab with stock belts/pulley.

Irritating is an understatement, but the boost pickup is real.

I never got to the tensioner install as I sold it for a 22. Ripatuned makes one, it is the one I bought, but can't speak for it yet. Go to Gates site and see if you can find the green alternative to the black part number. I wish Ripatuned would list the belts separately, or have part numbers for the components they sell. There is a chat feature and you can try your luck leaving a message with email there.

I ended up hosing the pulleys off, then applying belt conditioner and that stopped it until the next time. I don't know if it is a ripatuned thing or not. I did not have this issue in Moab with stock belts/pulley.

Irritating is an understatement, but the boost pickup is real.
I appreciate the info. I will check it out and see what I can find.

Thank you

Mine green belt is squealing now in under 1k miles. Annoying as hell.

I'm thinking a Ripatuned thing unless someone with stock sees the same. Need a Gates alternative? It is fucking annoying. Ripatuned probably won't address other than say get their belt tensioner, which may be the right answer. Do you have e the tensioner or no? I'll have on my new one when it comes in

I'm thinking a Ripatuned thing unless someone with stock sees the same. Need a Gates alternative? It is fucking annoying. Ripatuned probably won't address other than say get their belt tensioner, which may be the right answer. Do you have e the tensioner or no? I'll have on my new one when it comes in
With direct connection around the corner from dodge they will have to either 💩 or get off the pot with customer service because a viable option on the horizon!

With direct connection around the corner from dodge they will have to either 💩 or get off the pot with customer service because a viable option on the horizon!
What's direct connection? Thx

Just now saw that. SWEET. I'll keep my Ripatuned stuff on the shelf or sell if they can come out with something and have something resembling customer service.

Does anyone have replacement belt part #?
20211009_154013.jpg

Nonpr
Thank you!
No problem, but I'll say i got less than 500 miles on a new SC belt input on after the first squealing. The belt dressing/conditioner made it stop. I had to carry it in my door cup holder and give it a squirt from the passenger side.

Pulley going on tomorrow but now I’m thinking of getting the RPM belt too….
Hi do we have the Specs of the RPM belt. im in Australia, and have the Ripatune pulley as well as the smaller S/Charger pulley, i wouldnt mind gettitng the best belts before i get these bits fitted.

Hi do we have the Specs of the RPM belt. im in Australia, and have the Ripatune pulley as well as the smaller S/Charger pulley, i wouldnt mind gettitng the best belts before i get these bits fitted.
I ended up running the supplied belt from Ripatuned…. Standard black belt and no issues with 3000+ miles

I have a gates green belt new/never installed if someone needs one. $45 shipped (in US).

I ended up running the supplied belt from Ripatuned…. Standard black belt and no issues with 3000+ miles
Do you have their tensioner installed as well? Have you been in any crazy dusty areas (desert/dirt road donuts, etc.)?

Do you have their tensioner installed as well? Have you been in any crazy dusty areas (desert/dirt road donuts, etc.)?
No to both….

Back