Belt Squealing after Rain/Dusty Areas - Ripatuned 13k miles

ApexTRX

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Update: I swapped my black belt for a green belt and the squealing went away for about 1,000 miles. Just started up again.
Based on this thread, this squeal seems to be more common on Rippatuned trucks though. Honestly I’m just not convinced that it’s a ‘faulty’ oem idler pulley.

OP
Jester

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
Update: I swapped my black belt for a green belt and the squealing went away for about 1,000 miles. Just started up again.
Based on this thread, this squeal seems to be more common on Rippatuned trucks though. Honestly I’m just not convinced that it’s a ‘faulty’ oem idler pulley.
I agree, and trying to talk to them is like trying to get a firm ETA on delivery date of your TRX. This isn't a run of the mill accessory, and this forum has given them a lot of business/etc. On my inbound truck (who knows when) I'm hoping someone else comes out with one and I'll sell the Ripatuned one.

I had it happen on a very wet trip, then with dust. Something isn't right with their setup if you aren't on dry pavement.

Basically carry belt dressing/conditioner and deal with it until something better comes out.

It's the Ripasqueal setup.

Boosted

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I agree, and trying to talk to them is like trying to get a firm ETA on delivery date of your TRX. This isn't a run of the mill accessory, and this forum has given them a lot of business/etc. On my inbound truck (who knows when) I'm hoping someone else comes out with one and I'll sell the Ripatuned one.

I had it happen on a very wet trip, then with dust. Something isn't right with their setup if you aren't on dry pavement.

Basically carry belt dressing/conditioner and deal with it until something better comes out.

It's the Ripasqueal setup.
Up until now, I've only see the issue arise in dusty conditions. I haven't experienced any issue in 3000+ miles but then again, I am in the wet Pacific Northwest. Obviously it isn't always wet here and I sure hope I don't develop the issue in the spring/summer when its dry and especially when I do make it off road where I will definitely see dusty conditions.

OP
Jester

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
Up until now, I've only see the issue arise in dusty conditions. I haven't experienced any issue in 3000+ miles but then again, I am in the wet Pacific Northwest. Obviously it isn't always wet here and I sure hope I don't develop the issue in the spring/summer when its dry and especially when I do make it off road where I will definitely see dusty conditions.
I hope you don't either, because it is beyond fn annoying. It is embarrassing and makes you want to rip it out.

Lakelife421

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I’m starting to think it’s the Ripatuned crank pulley that is the one slipping. I remember that the groves were slick before I installed it, which means there is no grip like the stock pulleys on the rest of the loop. I will be adding an adjustable idler that adds about an inch more contact to the blower pulley any day now. This will tell the story for sure in my opinion.

Is there someone out there that can add a grip coating on a pulley? If so, that may be the route to go for this issue.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Hpmaniac

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 gt500 2019 hellcat redeye
Mine does it. Figured out last summer just a shot of Napa belt dress does trick for 1500 miles or so. We could bead blast pulley for traction I guess.

Hpmaniac

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 gt500 2019 hellcat redeye
I think it needs a better tensioner or that idler to increase belt wrap. It's slipped on the upper, I can see belt dust.

Boosted

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I think it needs a better tensioner or that idler to increase belt wrap. It's slipped on the upper, I can see belt dust.
So it’s not the incognito pulley that’s slipping…. Now that adds a twist to it.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton