Bead-lock wheels...I'm confused

2crazy2stop

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
my wife's 2nd car as I just sold my truck!
So I ordered Beadlock-Capable wheels for my TRX and I am confused what "capable" means. It sure looks like there is the bead lock ring. I read another thread about the 24 bolt is a read ring and a 12 bolt is just for looks...I don't need the read deal, I just like the way it looked. I just want to make sure I didn't add a$1900 option that when it shoes up there is no ring at all? Hopefully this question makes since LOL

X-ray

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Mercedes E63S Wagon
Yes, the truck will come with the wheels and the silver “beauty” ring with the 12 bolts. You would have to buy the true bead lock forged ring and bolts from Ram/MOPAR and then have the tire bead reseated outside of the wheel and “locked“ by the rings. You never have to buy the true rings nor use them If you don’t want to.

X

OP
2crazy2stop

2crazy2stop

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
my wife's 2nd car as I just sold my truck!
Yes, the truck will come with the wheels and the silver “beauty” ring with the 12 bolts. You would have to buy the true bead lock forged ring and bolts from Ram/MOPAR and then have the tire bead reseated outside of the wheel and “locked“ by the rings. You never have to buy the true rings nor use them If you don’t want to.

X

THAT is the answer I was hoping for...perfect. kinda dumb to spend that kind of money for just looks...but...well I don't care LOL

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com