Baja Raptor Run with TRXs?

rdwestbrook

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2011 Ram 1500
So, I'm watching the video of this year's Baja Raptor Run and man that looks like a good time! At first I was considering messaging them to see how a TRX would go over to go with them next year but I thought I would pitch the idea out here to see if anyone would want to put together a run of our own. I've never been and I don't know jack about finding the good trails and mapping that area out but....if some who has gone or knows someone. Might be fun

I think we should definitely do it, I’ve been looking into logistics as well.

I think we should definitely do it, I’ve been looking into logistics as well.
Ive been watching the videos of their runs for awhile now. It looks like such a good time. The key is knowing someone or knowing good routes and trails

Ive been watching the videos of their runs for awhile now. It looks like such a good time. The key is knowing someone or knowing good routes and trails
Yeah likewise I’ve watched just about all of them. I used to run and plan similar camping trips, all it takes is a dry run with a scout group to get an accurate sense of the plan.

We do similar runs here in MI (a few snow runs and a few summer trips through cool forest trails)...our big winter event in January already has 3 TRX's signed up! Problem with most raptor runs, is that they are very close-minded to allowing non-raptors to enter so good luck getting on one of those runs. Check out @CatchMeOffroad on IG or catchmeoffroad.com if you're interested in some Michigan runs.

Depending on the time of year, I may be interested to join a TRX Baja run, and I'm willing to help organize a TRX only run.
Or maybe a TRX / Jeep run, got to keep the family together....

So, I'm watching the video of this year's Baja Raptor Run and man that looks like a good time! At first I was considering messaging them to see how a TRX would go over to go with them next year but I thought I would pitch the idea out here to see if anyone would want to put together a run of our own. I've never been and I don't know jack about finding the good trails and mapping that area out but....if some who has gone or knows someone. Might be fun
Good idea....I'm in....

It would also be fun to mix the Raptors and TRXs together.....let the motor companies compete and let the owners team together and enjoy these trucks.....

It would also be fun to mix the Raptors and TRXs together.....let the motor companies compete and let the owners team together and enjoy these trucks.....
Sure, lets make this inclusive, Raptors and TRXs alike, Republicans and Democrats, we accept everyone that is interested in having a good old time. I'm not sure about Chevi owners though ?

Sure, lets make this inclusive, Raptors and TRXs alike, Republicans and Democrats, we accept everyone that is interested in having a good old time. I'm not sure about Chevi owners though ?
Yeah I'm like the Trail Boss ain't really a trail boss if its in 4th place...

I was thinking about a name for our group....if we are going to welcome all comers, how about the TERA TERRORS or TERA TAMERs. If we get exclusive and only want TRXs, how about Terra Rex eXpeditions (TRX)

I would be down for a group that goes with not much of a plan and we just explore or make our own trip as we go. Then we could get a idea of what is where for the next year

Tango Romeo X Ray Company : )

There’s a group already planning on doing TRX runs. I’m also involved with the planning of the TR-Xperience which will be a 3-5 day event filled with activities including multiple runs and shows. Participants can choose to take part in any or all of the events.

I enjoy watching the Baja Raptor Runs, but that's a long ways from Montana. If there was something closer I could drive to, I'd be interested.

We do similar runs here in MI (a few snow runs and a few summer trips through cool forest trails)...our big winter event in January already has 3 TRX's signed up! Problem with most raptor runs, is that they are very close-minded to allowing non-raptors to enter so good luck getting on one of those runs. Check out @CatchMeOffroad on IG or catchmeoffroad.com if you're interested in some Michigan runs.
Yeah the reason for this from my experience on big runs is so that the chase trucks can accomodate parts (e.g. tie rods.) It's a liability and efficiency concern. You don't want to be a moving parts store for multiple types of vehicles.

The other less appreciated perspective is that some vehicles might not be able to keep up, or might be at risk on the trail at the speeds we're driving at (~70-110mph) through the desert with the occasional washout that catches you off guard like this one did for us: https://gopro.com/v/B25nLm6nZ31X5

The other one we had to consider was range. The TRX's don't have the same range as a SCREW Raptor. They might not even have the range of a SCAB. SCREW's have the 36 gallon tank and SCAB's have a 26 gallon tank I believe, and when you're getting 10-15mpg that 10 gallons is big when you're coordinating 500+ mile runs for 20+ vehicles.

Last edited:
Back