Baja Designs S2 Sport reverse lights installation help

Brutus

Demon Jedi
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Audi S6, 2018 Dodge Demon, 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup PCA Edition, 1964 Cobra, 1968 Meyers Manx Dune Buggy, 2023 RAM TRX
Hey everyone - has anyone installed the Baja Designs S2 reverse lights on your TRX? the instructions are not clear and am wondering where the proper bolt behind the bumper is to attach the lights. I really don’t want to drill into the bumper. Appreciate any help

I ordered just the brackets (reusing lights and harness from my Raptor) so did it without the benefit of instructions, but the bolt I used is almost directly above the parking sensor and took awhile to unscrew (because I wasn't able to fit any power tools up there).

Attachments

• AC8D6694-D825-460F-86B6-C53A160C5982.jpeg
    AC8D6694-D825-460F-86B6-C53A160C5982.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 6A57586D-B58D-480B-977D-DB3640F332AB.jpeg
    6A57586D-B58D-480B-977D-DB3640F332AB.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 228
Hey everyone - has anyone installed the Baja Designs S2 reverse lights on your TRX? the instructions are not clear and am wondering where the proper bolt behind the bumper is to attach the lights. I really don’t want to drill into the bumper. Appreciate any help

Give this guy a call, he will help you out.

Andrew Hartshorne l Technical Services Lead l Warranty
Baja Designs | 185 Bosstick Blvd. | San Marcos, CA 92069
Phone: 760-560-2252 | FAX: 760-560-0383

awesome, thanks guys

Owe ya both!!

@ Skiborsey - your under bumper picture answered my question - i was shipped the shorter attachment brackets that don't reach that bolt.

@ APEX TRX - your guy Andrew found the right bracket part number and shipped them out to me today.

Thanks!!

Owe ya both!!

@ Skiborsey - your under bumper picture answered my question - i was shipped the shorter attachment brackets that don't reach that bolt.

@ APEX TRX - your guy Andrew found the right bracket part number and shipped them out to me today.

Thanks!!
Glad to help. At the suggestion of the 5th Gen Ram forum, I'm wiring my reverse lights into a separate harness to avoid wiring directly into the trailer wiring. I haven't done this step yet since I was waiting on the harness, but plan to clip off the four-wire harness. Harness I ordered is linked below.

I reused my Raptor harness which also runs to the upfitter switches, which I ran through the frame rail up to the front.

I ordered just the brackets (reusing lights and harness from my Raptor) so did it without the benefit of instructions, but the bolt I used is almost directly above the parking sensor and took awhile to unscrew (because I wasn't able to fit any power tools up there).
Hey, I ordered brackets from Baja designs, the rebel kit I guess, but I too am having trouble finding that bolt to attach my S2 to.

But are these brackets they sent me, the correct brackets to use?

Do you have any pictures you can show up high so I can see exactly where they attach? Any help is appreciated thanks in advance👍🇺🇲

Attachments

• 20211009_161030.jpg
    20211009_161030.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 41
Hey, I ordered brackets from Baja designs, the rebel kit I guess, but I too am having trouble finding that bolt to attach my S2 to.

But are these brackets they sent me, the correct brackets to use?

Do you have any pictures you can show up high so I can see exactly where they attach? Any help is appreciated thanks in advance👍🇺🇲
Just looking at your pic vs. mine, looks like the upper part on mine goes much farther to the right/light is much more offset from the bolt on the bumper…I’d definitely check with Baja customer service.

Just looking at your pic vs. mine, looks like the upper part on mine goes much farther to the right/light is much more offset from the bolt on the bumper…I’d definitely check with Baja customer service.
Thanks... I'll do that. 🇺🇲

As an update... Baja designs did send me the wrong brackets. If you are interested in the part number (s) for the correct reverse light brackets, here you go...

44-9260 and 44-9261

yep, wrong brackets, they need to be longer. I had the same exact issue

I painted my brackets black to hide them better under the bumper. Install is happening thursday

Baja.jpg

Are you guys wiring these up to the upfitter switches?

Are you guys wiring these up to the upfitter switches?
I have already pre-wired my lights from the engine bay to the rear, just waiting for the correct brackets ( I always paint brackets black too!)

But to answer your question, I plan to use one of the auxiliary switches. I want to use #4 (I only have 4 since I have trailer steer)
because that would be the"last one" for the "Rear lights"

I haven't checked the manual though to see if #4 is a low amped switch, which is what I would prefer to use for simple reverse lights...And save the bigger amperage for other purpose!

So you pre ran a wire from the engine bay to the rear and your waiting to see what wire your going to but most likely #4?

I’m really anal so I will def get a nice wire and loom and try to get this as factory looking as possible. Is there any factory harnesses running to the front?
Thanks in advance

So you pre ran a wire from the engine bay to the rear and your waiting to see what wire your going to but most likely #4?

I’m really anal so I will def get a nice wire and loom and try to get this as factory looking as possible. Is there any factory harnesses running to the front?
Thanks in advance
I'm actually am the same way, only I like the word precise! 🤣🤣🤣 and my wire is completely loomed and running along the frame rail/wiring harness and behind the rear wheel cover to get to the rear-end...

But to answer your question, I am using my Baja design wiring harness I had on my raptor, which works great.

But yeah, I'm already to be wiredup to both the front and the back, as soon as I get the brackets and determine which wire to use for my aux switch!🇺🇲

I'm actually am the same way, only I like the word precise! 🤣🤣🤣 and my wire is completely loomed and running along the frame rail/wiring harness and behind the rear wheel cover to get to the rear-end...

But to answer your question, I am using my Baja design wiring harness I had on my raptor, which works great.

But yeah, I'm already to be wiredup to both the front and the back, as soon as I get the brackets and determine which wire to use for my aux switch!🇺🇲
Lmao! Thanks for the info I am going to do the same thing once I decide my exact light setup!! Do these lights come with the wiring harness?

Lmao! Thanks for the info I am going to do the same thing once I decide my exact light setup!! Do these lights come with the wiring harness?
If you order them with it yes. I don't think they have a TRX specific kit, but like I said the raptor one was fine.

I love Baja design lights, and I'm choosing to put my yellow lenses in the rear for reverse fogs... Of course they can also be used for Chase lights that way although a little low... Oh and not to mention tailgators... I love hitting them when people are on my tail too close and watch them back down real quick...
🤣🤣🤣

I reused a harness from my Raptor and ran it in the frame, for whatever it’s worth.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back