Baja Designs OnX6+ Light Bar Install

Skiborsy

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
You been sitting in on our Engineering meetings? :unsure:

We have had this kit in queue for a while, but actually have it sprawled out for review right now as we are at a crossroads with it. A big concern is the cost for a kit like this (the nature of designing around the LP9) and whether those with stock bumpers would be interested in purchasing a kit pretty well north of $1200.

Guess this is as good of a place as any to gather feedback on it. If nothing else, here is the pic you requested - I think
Ideally the bracket would be adjustable to fit LP4, 6 or 9 (depending on how much the buyer wants to spend).

esm

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Prototype brackets are on the way :)

I'll let you all know as soon as we get a test fit in place and have some photos to share.
I'd be interested in these! Best part is they don't block airflow to any radiators. Would you guys be able to supply anti-theft nuts? I'm assuming these would just bolt to the stock bumper with a few holes drilled.

Bshizzle

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I'd be interested in these! Best part is they don't block airflow to any radiators. Would you guys be able to supply anti-theft nuts? I'm assuming these would just bolt to the stock bumper with a few holes drilled.
They would be inside the grill.

BajaDesigns

TRX Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the bracket and mounting design yet, and the designing engineer is off getting married this week - so I'll have to confirm later. However, if it functions like other similar kits we have for other makes/models, I will assume the bracket mounts behind the bumper, sandwiched in front of the grille. I should be able to share test fit pictures somewhat soon to give you a better idea of the fit.

Dudebro

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX on order
Current Ride #2
97 ram 2500 Cummins, 2013 Chevrolet Volt, 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo
I haven't seen the bracket and mounting design yet, and the designing engineer is off getting married this week - so I'll have to confirm later. However, if it functions like other similar kits we have for other makes/models, I will assume the bracket mounts behind the bumper, sandwiched in front of the grille. I should be able to share test fit pictures somewhat soon to give you a better idea of the fit.
The old getting married excuse! Aren't we more important?!?

KK6YHW

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM Rebel

We have had this kit in queue for a while, but actually have it sprawled out for review right now as we are at a crossroads with it. A big concern is the cost for a kit like this (the nature of designing around the LP9) and whether those with stock bumpers would be interested in purchasing a kit pretty well north of $1200.

Guess this is as good of a place as any to gather feedback on it. If nothing else, here is the pic you requested - I think
I am interested in this.

04Ram2500Hemi

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX

If the plan is a kit similar to this but behind the grill, I’d probably be interested myself.

ronnie

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX purchased 7-21, diamond black crystal, decals, tint, muffler delete, QTP cut outs/remote, Gorilla lug nuts, Bulletpoint phone holders, supercharged stickers, Ravelco anti theft, WeatherTech deflectors
Current Ride #2
57 Chevy, black, convertible, stick, original 283, 2 four barrels (270hp). Has its own 50s garage.

MoparToYou

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 3500
Current Ride #2
2020 Dodge Challenger RT
Sign me up. I'll take a mounting kit and a pair of LP9s

jonny_pockets

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
A34F170C-42F2-4AE0-A432-92F8EE955EE4.jpeg

04Ram2500Hemi

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I hate to take this a different direction... but does anyone have a picture of whats behind the grill on each side of the ram? I would like to put a pair of LP9 amber driving lenses there.
If you like the onyx, then youll be gobsmacked by the lp9
I was looking at this a bit more, and the windshield wiper fluid reservoir is behind the grill on the driver side. I’m not sure behind the grill will work in this location.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton