Bad Jump (aka Great Jump...bad landing )

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
It this point we are all just blowing smoke. Sure there is a lot of engineering that needs to go into a suspension, but the forces on an airplane are 100 times those of the craziest car jump.
The real question we need to answer is if the truck landed on the wheels and the suspension is not up to the job, or it hit the front skid plate first which transfers the force straight to the frame without any cushioning. The former means the truck just cannot take the jump and the latter means the guy just had bad luck.....
Good God Man if you really believe what you posted then you are on a different planet!!

Mxsledder

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Powell
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
The TRX flew surprisingly level for being in the air that long. I’m not sure if a Raptor would have landed much more level.

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
The TRX flew surprisingly level for being in the air that long. I’m not sure if a Raptor would have landed much more level.
At first I was wondering if that was one of the reasons why he left the bikes hooked up. Every pound would help. But, I don’t think he really put too much thought into it. Just sent that fat pig.

Raven

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
I don’t think he’s an idiot unless the bike rack thing counts. It would’ve been an amazing addition if he landed perfect and the bikes stayed put. Maybe he owns that bike rack company.

Who cares if he can afford it or not? He’s an adult and can deal with the consequences. He knew what he was risking and did it anyway. We do this everyday, weigh risk vs reward….. it’s basically Darwinism writ small.
I agree with weighing risk vs. reward. That's how you get ahead in this world. Please tell me what the potential "reward" is in an idiotic stunt like this? I don't think anyone is paying him anything to wreck his $90K truck.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I agree with weighing risk vs. reward. That's how you get ahead in this world. Please tell me what the potential "reward" is in an idiotic stunt like this? I don't think anyone is paying him anything to wreck his $90K truck.
Hey. It’s his truck. If it makes him happy to dress up like the little mermaid and use the bed as a pool, doesn’t matter to me.

Your argument is basically the same as why drive fast? What’s the reward?

The feeling it gives me is the reward.

Raven

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
Military
Navy
Hey. It’s his truck. If it makes him happy to dress up like the little mermaid and use the bed as a pool, doesn’t matter to me.

Your argument is basically the same as why drive fast? What’s the reward?

The feeling it gives me is the reward.
Why drive fast? To get to where I'm going faster. Why jump your truck and wreck it? Mental illness.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Why drive fast? To get to where I'm going faster. Why jump your truck and wreck it? Mental illness.
I doubt his intent was to wreck it and only 5% of my speeding is because I need to get somewhere faster.

Maybe he jumped it because he owns a bodyshop and wanted to show you to fix a frame. There’s a tangible reward for you

Raven

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
Military
Navy
Less of a mental illness than bitching on the internet about what other people do with their money.
Just expressing my opinions. If you don't like my opinions don't read my posts. I never posted a word about what he did with his money. I just said he's an idiot for wrecking his truck for no possible reward other than his ego. A lot of others here agree with me. BTW, I don't give one shit what you think about me.

Ucme2p

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 LE TRX
Current Ride #2
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Military
Army 60K
eating-popcorn-icegif-1.gif

🤣

Bavanew

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 F350 Platinum
Well, drive too fast and you'll end up with a heavy fine, possible vehicle impoundment, possible license suspension, and I guarantee that you will not have made it to your final destination any faster. Might be spending the night behind bars.
And last, but definitely not least, putting others at risk.

Point being, we all have opinions and different perspectives of what others do.

If someone understands the risks and the potential consequences of their actions, then they're making an informed decision.
Usually, those people don't complain when things go south because they understood what was at stake.
For me, if those people are content with their choice to potentially destroy whatever it is they own, then good for them. It's not my problem, so long as it doesn't endanger anyone else, etc.

Now, if someone pulls a stunt without having considered the pros/cons, risk/reward, etc., and then they're surprised when things go South, followed by putting blame on the supposedly shit product they purchased, etc., then, I might be inclined to call them an idiot.

I can't afford to trash my TRX, nor do I enjoy abusing my things. However, I am willing to use it within its design limits.
If I ruin something in the process, well, that'll be on me, however, so long as it wasn't abused, then I'll submit a warranty claim.

With that said, there are some people out there who can afford to abuse and replace when convenient.
If my pockets were that deep, suddenly the risk/reward/consequence would be drastically different, which would influence my decision making. The risk would remain the same, the reward would remain the same, but the monetary consequence would suddenly be inconsequential.

Whatever makes you happy, just don't complain about it when you destroy it. That's my position.

Cheers!

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com