Bad Jump (aka Great Jump...bad landing )

Andris

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Andris Blumbergs
Military
Coast Guard
I think my favorite thing about the internet is how many people like telling others how to spend their money and how stupid they are for not doing it the way they do it. Props to the dude I would not have the balls to do this in a SXS let alone a truck. To all the haters you probably keep low miles on all your cars to preserve it for the next owner.

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
I think my favorite thing about the internet is how many people like telling others how to spend their money and how stupid they are for not doing it the way they do it. Props to the dude I would not have the balls to do this in a SXS let alone a truck. To all the haters you probably keep low miles on all your cars to preserve it for the next owner.
LOL difference between "balls" and "brains"....

Last edited:

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
The best part was he did it with bikes still on a rack. No guts no glory

ExT

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram 1500 Limited Night Edition
Who‘d give a f*** about the damages. As long as the bicycle is okay. Thanks god!

magiaone

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 F250 King Ranch Ultimate
Current Ride #2
2000 Ford Excursion Limited 2WD
Good grief. Did he forget the bikes were on a hitch rack when he did the jump.

I'm sure the insurance agent will be asking some questions......this is Jake from State Farm, you were jumping what where and posted it online.....please hold.
1631561557829.gif

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Good grief. Did he forget the bikes were on a hitch rack when he did the jump.

I'm sure the insurance agent will be asking some questions......this is Jake from State Farm, you were jumping what where and posted it online.....please hold.
View attachment 21015
“Well I was driving on the freeway when rocks/sand started falling from the cliff next to the road. These rocks amazingly formed a sort of ramp briefly when I hit them. They were still moving. Thank god I’m ok! Now fix my truck under comprehensive because the rocks were moving”

OP
TCAT

TCAT

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
Army RCCS -Retired
“Well I was driving on the freeway when rocks/sand started falling from the cliff next to the road. These rocks amazingly formed a sort of ramp briefly when I hit them. They were still moving. Thank god I’m ok! Now fix my truck under comprehensive because the rocks were moving”
Did that happen, on the way to Band Camp...:LOL:

Murfman

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Robert
Current Ride
2017 Trailhawk/2022 TRX
I wonder if they save their wives for their next husbands as well

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Did that happen, on the way to Band Camp...:LOL:
I used to run a lot of canyons in low sportscars. Ran over a large rock/small boulder once in a GT4. Punched two holes in the floor of the unibody, took a chunk out of suspension crossmember and some other carnage. That repair was $$$$. I know very well what will/won’t screw your premiums. That rock was moving when I hit it…

Raven

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
Yep, he has the right to wreck his stuff and I have the right to express my opinions on it. What a country.

OP
TCAT

TCAT

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
Army RCCS -Retired
I used to run a lot of canyons in low sportscars. Ran over a large rock/small boulder once in a GT4. Punched two holes in the floor of the unibody, took a chunk out of suspension crossmember and some other carnage. That repair was $$$$. I know very well what will/won’t screw your premiums. That rock was moving when I hit it…
Ouch

Speedy3

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram Rebel, Taco, etron
Current Ride #2
Triumph Speed Triple
I hear jumping the truck (although maybe not 8 feet in the air) because YOLO but why damage your bikes???

Raven

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
If man put limits on everything we’d all be on horseback still.
But you admit you don't have the balls to do what that idiot did. Maybe you just have the brains to not take stupid risk with no tangible reward.

People with brains and balls take calculated risks. This is what took us from horseback to automobiles. This is what made me and many others wealthy. People with balls and no brains do stupid shit like wrecking a $90K truck with no possible positive outcome.

Last edited:

MAXGroup

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Maserati Levante GTS, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla 3 Long Range
Military
Israeli Air Force
I have to defend the guy, other then the obvious stupidity of jumping with Bikes on the hitch receiver the rest of the jump is something anyone could have done. I rewatched in slow mo, he had reasonable speed getting in, judging by where the camera is located he clearly walked that area before and thought the landing would be OK. Maybe we should all just start putting a 300lb ballast close to the tailgate to change landing angle :ROFLMAO:

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
He swears the frame isn’t bent lol
I hope he’s right. That was a couple levels short of street speed sending it. Would be nice to know approximately where the limit is

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
He swears the frame isn’t bent lol
HAHAHAHA-----he is in for a rude awakening. This is a true story! When Ford first started with the Raptor ads they showed the video of the truck tearing through the desert and it even did jumps! Ford after it was pointed out pulled all of those ads, video and pictures because the frame was bent and the bed looked like the poor SOB in the TRX video. :p You should be able to still find them on the web. On the FRF site they were posted. This was over 10 years ago. When I watched those guys at the Raptor run jumping their trucks and ruining the frames it was sad.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com