Bad Jump (aka Great Jump...bad landing )

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
I love the motivational message....."Remember, you live only once. Never...never hesitate to do something you really want to"

Unless what you want to do is stupid. I mean respect to him for having fun with his TRX the way he wants.

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
I really need to look into the battery mounting though...That is concerning
Someone's going to have to come out with an aftermarket battery tray that's metal or something. Streetspeed717 had his fall through jumping as well.

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
Yeah if you see any of the press / FCA sanctioned “jumps” they’re far smaller than the nonsense some of these folks are attempting.

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Yeah great attitude!⭐️⭐️⭐️

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Yeah if you see any of the press / FCA sanctioned “jumps” they’re far smaller than the nonsense some of these folks are attempting.
Yep, I agree the truck isn’t meant to jump 4 ft or more, I think I remember they said no more than 2ft, and that still might be pushing it....

OP
TCAT

TCAT

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
Army RCCS -Retired
Looking at the video, pausing it at his highest level off the jump and using his tire as a ref of 35" he must of been 9 to 12 ft from the ground.....

KingTuck

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
I just laugh when people say “I don’t know why Ram did this” or “why Ram did that” “they should’ve did this so it won’t break” etc.

Can you jump the truck? The answer is yes, but the damn truck is NOT meant to jump off the damn Empire State Building. Some of these jumps are ridiculous.

I know some are gonna say that this particular jump is “simple” but there is much more to consider and take into account besides finding a pile of packed dirt when jumping a vehicle.

Last edited:

NFARVW

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Adam
Current Ride
2014 Tundra TRD
Current Ride #2
2021 Volvo XC90 T8
Why do people always fail to calculate landing angle? You can't just jump into the air at that angle and land on flat ground. A jump of that height would need an elevated landing ramp and even then he gave it too much ass. Oh well, not my truck lol.

xMonstax

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram 1500 TRX
I jumped my TRX at Silver Lake in Michigan....bent a bracket on the front skid plate that cost me $35...but I am with you I got the truck to have fun...no regrets

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
LOL what an idiot! Saw a few trucks do that at a Raptor run. Frame buckled the same way. Poor guy has no idea that the truck is really screwed up. I imagine the frame buckled in a crumple zone just like they did on the Raptors. Going to have to be cut then reinforcement added. There is no fix for stupid!!

If the bed flexed enough there will be paint damage on the back of the cab. There could be other problems he is not aware of and because of the frame damage then in the future Mopar may claim it is latent damage showing up from customer abuse. These things happen, and are expensive to fix not to mention the resale value just went down the dumper. :(

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com