Backing out of a TRX for a 2500 or Power Wagon?

TankerTrash

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘06 F350
Hey guys, hoping someone can knock some sense into me..
I put a deposit down for my TRX mid October, knowing I wouldn’t be seeing it for atleast a few months. The delays started happening and I’m trying to keep the faith! But I can only imagine I’ll be seeing my truck Q2/Q3. At that point, I feel like waiting for a 2022 would be the better option, or dampen my 26 year old excitement and get a less-thrilling truck like a 2500 Laramie or Limited, maybe a Power Wagon?
I’m currently riding around in my 06 F350, it treats me well but I know the value goes down every day, and it’s an old truck so I wouldn’t mind a bit of luxury sooner than later.

Agonza11

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep
I put a deposit down for my TRX mid October, knowing I wouldn’t be seeing it for atleast a few months. The delays started happening and I’m trying to keep the faith! But I can only imagine I’ll be seeing my truck Q2/Q3. At that point, I feel like waiting for a 2022 would be the better option, or dampen my 26 year old excitement and get a less-thrilling truck like a 2500 Laramie or Limited, maybe a Power Wagon?
I’m currently riding around in my 06 F350, it treats me well but I know the value goes down every day, and it’s an old truck so I wouldn’t mind a bit of luxury sooner than later.
Hang in there time will fly by and you will regret giving up on it. I ordered in November and I am hoping for an April delivery.

shooter44

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Raptor and 2020 Tesla X
Did your dealer have a confirmed allocation for you?

OP
TankerTrash

TankerTrash

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘06 F350
Hang in there time will fly by and you will regret giving up on it. I ordered in November and I am hoping for an April delivery.
I think we’ll both have a better feel for when to expect our trucks once the first ones hit the pavement at their dealers. Too much free time to think is dangerous for me!

OP
TankerTrash

TankerTrash

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘06 F350
Did your dealer have a confirmed allocation for you?
I’m honestly not sure... my build sheet is listed as a sold order and I have a VON but no VIN. Contacted FCA a few days ago just for fun and they said that they saw my order but no vin yet. Could that still mean I do/don’t have an allocation?

Kyle702

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
I sympathize as I am driving a 08 Chevy and it is a low trim and certainly seen better days. I am just trying to be patient and wait cause I know I will probably keep this truck a while too and don’t want to back off to save 1-3 months. Just hoping to see my LE VIN show up on here soon! But I would be lying if I said it hadn’t also crossed my mind.

Methman

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Company Car
@TankerTrash i am in the same boat as you. I ordered my TRX on 10/27, but after the delays and seeing the 75th Anniversary Power Wagon, I also put down a deposit on a 75th PW. I will take whichever one comes first unless the TRX is close.

F8Demon

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Dodge Demon and 2021 Hydro Blue TRX
I would wait but if you do it, get a Power Wagon!

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Whatever you decide to do you can get any Ram truck at invoice price except the TRX.

If Ram follows the same trend last year, the order bank for the 2022 TRX should open around in May 2021 with production to start at the end of July.
1609384048878.png

TRX000057

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Laramie
I think we’ll both have a better feel for when to expect our trucks once the first ones hit the pavement at their dealers. Too much free time to think is dangerous for me!
Mine was invoiced today. I ordered day one it was available. Dealer should have it tomorrow or Monday

OP
TankerTrash

TankerTrash

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘06 F350
@TankerTrash i am in the same boat as you. I ordered my TRX on 10/27, but after the delays and seeing the 75th Anniversary Power Wagon, I also put down a deposit on a 75th PW. I will take whichever one comes first unless the TRX is close.
Have you had any updates on the power wagon?!
I’ve been watching tons of YouTube stuff on the mega cabs... they really have my attention now 🤤

Methman

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Company Car
Have you had any updates on the power wagon?!
I’ve been watching tons of YouTube stuff on the mega cabs... they really have my attention now 🤤
Well, if you want to haul ass with the whine of a supercharged Hellcat engine get the TRX. If you want a large off-road truck that can get the job done at a slower speed, with a winch, then go PW 😀

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
The only other truck I considered instead of the TRX was a Prospector XL.

TRex251563

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Silverado Trail Boss. Trading for TRX.
Something just doesn’t seem right about giving up on a super truck with a hellcat engine for a comparatively generic pickup truck.

Methman

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Company Car
Something just doesn’t seem right about giving up on a super truck with a hellcat engine for a comparatively generic pickup truck.
If you live near Boise, Idaho and have a vehicle I can borrow from 4/1/21 until my TRX comes I’m gladly wait 😁

Methman

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Company Car
Just trying to talk some sense into you! Lol
I’ll just be desperate for a vehicle as I won’t have one and taking my wife to work in the morning so I can have her car will get old fast, but I agree with you.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com