Aux Lighting and Switches

ApexTRX

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you TRX owners are not new to offroad trucks and wheeling at night. One of my first add-ons will be lighting. The Baja Designs lights on my last truck were great. With the TRX coming with OEM 'fog' lights and 4-6 auxiliary switches, what are your thoughts on placement of additional forward facing lighting?
Pic of my last truck for reference:
IMG_9799.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great question and I look forward to seeing everyone’s setups. I had M&R lights in the pockets of my Raptor and a BD 30” light behind my grill which put out a ton of light. I also had the BD S2 rear lIshtar setup which was very useful back in the dark or flashing a tailgater.

I saw a BD on bumper 20” kit for the Rebel and a backup kit. I am hoping the backup kit is plug and play for the TRX.

X
303B26DB-35F2-4DC0-9A1D-12064EFE2057.jpeg
1ECA26B2-BE8E-4B7E-A254-4EEAB9F51427.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a BD on bumper 20” kit for the Rebel and a backup kit. I am hoping the backup kit is plug and play for the TRX.
Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the light bar look (or Ram bar for that matter), but its all preference. I didn't know BD did a pocket kit with brackets for the rebel. (2) S2 Pros or (3) S1's would be a nice fog light upgrade in the OEM location.

Pending the RamBar fitting in my garage, I’d like to add a light bar to it and “store” it rear facing, under the bar for garage clearance, and forward facing for night off-roading.

To my eyes the Baja Designs kit for THE FRONT of the Rebel look like they will fit the TRX

It's almost like RAM left that spot for a light bar. Fits perfectly.

This is a great question and I look forward to seeing everyone’s setups. I had M&R lights in the pockets of my Raptor and a BD 30” light behind my grill which put out a ton of light. I also had the BD S2 rear lIshtar setup which was very useful back in the dark or flashing a tailgater.

X

Dig this:
F09C6958-426B-4C72-9A92-48F2A767C16F.jpeg
1D757841-7D4E-4DCC-8F0B-D1F0573E491E.jpeg

Super noob question: where are the Aux connections located? Under the hood, or behind the dash/console? i.e. are they easy to get to?

Super noob question: where are the Aux connections located? Under the hood, or behind the dash/console? i.e. are they easy to get to?

Can't say for sure in the TRX, but in my Gen 1 Raptor, the end wire connection is under the hood. Once you connected your accessory to the wire under the hood, you then have to connect the wire that runs through the firewall to the switch and that connection is accessed behind the glove box, by simply dropping the glove box all the way down and just plugging the two wires together.

That looks Bad Ass... I like the stealth approac. What’s the proposed length?

Me too. There are 2 options/models both are 20” and according to the instructions no drilling, bolts to factory locations using new bolts but of course that might not be the case in the TRX. (“X-ray” posted the link originally)
40883CA5-A701-4031-AB32-DBAE1E2D77E5.jpeg
4C8B22DC-2E23-4E86-A6C0-8B53F33FDBD0.jpeg
3D2FBCA4-D72B-41B2-9632-D38B307D448C.jpeg

Me too. There are 2 options/models both are 20” and according to the instructions no drilling, bolts to factory locations using new bolts but of course that might not be the case in the TRX. (“X-ray” posted the link originally)

I really hope these will fit the TRX. If you look at a straight front photo, that area between the parking sensors look identical. Hopefully there isn't something important behind there like a radiator or intercooler for the SC that would make mounting the light there a bad idea.

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/PppG2/s1/2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg

1600274755100.png

A 20" Onx6+ would put out a ton of light and be super stealth.

X

Back