Automatic Brights

uswrnk54

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Anyone else have their automatic brights (headlights) not function consistently? If there are not headlights pointing back at me, or tail lights in front of me shouldn't the brights come on 100% of the time when I push the stalk forward? Are there other scenarios that would cause the brights not to engage? I've been on dark country roads trying to engage my brights and they won't turn on. Other times they work flawlessly.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Yreka_Kid

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 1500 TRX - Black L2
The only scenario I can think of you might have missed is speed.. Any less than -25mph or so they shut off.

Mine work very well & and I live 8 miles out a country road so I use them alot.

Eighty

Dream Killer
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
Anyone else have their automatic brights (headlights) not function consistently? If there are not headlights pointing back at me, or tail lights in front of me shouldn't the brights come on 100% of the time when I push the stalk forward? Are there other scenarios that would cause the brights not to engage? I've been on dark country roads trying to engage my brights and they won't turn on. Other times they work flawlessly.

If your headlights are set to “on”, you won’t get auto brights. You only get auto brights when your headlights are set to “auto”, and the stalk is pushed forward.
That has been my experience, at least.

@JC

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX - Granite Crystal Metallic
Current Ride #2
2022 Jeep 392 - Granite Crystal Metallic
I do like the way it works in the 392 better than the Ram, pushing the stalk forward just clicks and lets the system know to turn the brights on or off, it doesn't have to stay in the forward position. The setting is remembered between starts as well.

timinnd

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX

Reflective road signs can cause the auto-brights not to engage. At least along my road...mine will go on and off at certain road signs.

ParadigmDawg

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
The only scenario I can think of you might have missed is speed.. Any less than -25mph or so they shut off.

Mine work very well & and I live 8 miles out a country road so I use them alot.
Mine seem to work at less than 25mph. I am actually pleased with mine.

JBTRXNJ

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Diamond Black TRX
I concur with the reflective road sign comment. The sensors mistake light reflecting back at them as oncoming cars… the high beams are very bright, and reflections off of road signs, or dense foliage at the windshield level will cause them to disengage.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping