Attempted Scam: User = Shapiroeric

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
@shapiroeric - looks like he's been posting lots of things for sale. I bit on the rock rails and then he sends me a message saying his account has been hacked and someone scammed me. Luckily I was able to cancel payment through Zelle, but beware of this guys listings. I'm a bit surprised honestly as he has 750+ postings. And now I'm seeing there's another version of his account @shapiroeric1 ????

Can the mods take down his for sale postings to protect other users?

Also, he's saying in PM that the mods have changed his passwords and they're working to cleanup the listings. Can mods confirm his account really was hacked? Don't want the guy blackballed if it really wasn't his fault.

His listings have been removed. I suspended the account as soon as we got a report with the zelle request via PM. It appears his account was compromised. I've been talking with @shapiroeric via email and he should be back on shortly.

Please report any suspicious activity and always be cautious when someone wants payment via Zelle. There is very little protection for the buyer with this payment method.

Last edited:
His listings have been removed. I suspended the account as soon as we got reported of the activity. It appears his account was compromised. I've been talking with @shapiroeric via email and he should be back on shortly.
In case other user names get hacked, the hacker sent the following contact/payment information to be used through Zelle:

Walter black
Wallyblack0@gmail.com

DEAN MERCER
pzxlkbnkeo@outlook.com

His listings have been removed. I suspended the account as soon as we got a report with the zelle request via PM. It appears his account was compromised. I've been talking with @shapiroeric via email and he should be back on shortly.

Please report any suspicious activity and always be cautious when someone wants payment via Zelle. There is very little protection for the buyer with this payment method.
With regard to Zelle, the payment was pending and as soon as he went radio silent I cancelled it. So, seems as though you do have some time to cancel, but agree and I won’t be using that payment method again.

Rico Suave (aka Jose Suarez)......has rock rails to sell....oh yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar!
Friggin scammers!

Yea, $350 for a Rambar (shipped) seemed too good to be true…he wasn’t happy when I asked for more pictures of the RamBar because there were numerous red flags being presented, including the below Venmo account:

VENMO:
@Regann-Goodwin

Regann Goodwin
Last four digits number 8243
“Send please $350 and let me know please. I m waiting confirm now.”

I told him it was a no-go once I read that last sentence…

Yea, $350 for a Rambar (shipped) seemed too good to be true…he wasn’t happy when I asked for more pictures of the RamBar because there were numerous red flags being presented, including the below Venmo account:

VENMO:
@Regann-Goodwin

Regann Goodwin
Last four digits number 8243
“Send please $350 and let me know please. I m waiting confirm now.”

I told him it was a no-go once I read that last sentence…
Almost bit on the Nigerian prince’s Rambar too. I don’t even want one but the price was good. I figured too good. Especially after I remembered someone else’s account getting hacked like this a few months ago.

Hey guys. I was hacked over at the Raptor forum as well. I caught it pretty quickly and Nitro caught it even sooner. My passwords were pretty good so not sure how it happened.

Luckily only Tacoma had a purchase in the works and it was able to be cancelled.

I hope the scammer dies a slow death….

Hey guys. I was hacked over at the Raptor forum as well. I caught it pretty quickly and Nitro caught it even sooner. My passwords were pretty good so not sure how it happened.

Luckily only Tacoma had a purchase in the works and it was able to be cancelled.

I hope the scammer dies a slow death….
Well this sucks, I knew you weren’t a scammer. 🤣
This happened before on here.
If you ever see me selling something on here it isn’t me, we’ll only cocaine and weed sometimes. Kidding of course, I sell everything. 🤣🤣🤣

Well this sucks, I knew you weren’t a scammer. 🤣
This happened before on here.
If you ever see me selling something on here it isn’t me, we’ll only cocaine and weed sometimes. Kidding of course, I sell everything. 🤣🤣🤣

😂. I will say I am selling my stock black wheels still. Shameless plug!

You know it never even dawned on me that somebody could possibly have a reason to try and hack into my TRX forum account and impersonate me. These thieves are a lot more clever than I am.

I am a little concerned with the amount of information someone could get about us if they join the forum and do some research. Without hacking my account I know they could find my age, approximate location, nationality of my wife, number and probably age of my children, and VIN of my truck. A lot of members posted their license plate. We have pictures of our houses, and I don't know if a clever tech person could find a geolocation code in those files or not. Probably more.

You know it never even dawned on me that somebody could possibly have a reason to try and hack into my TRX forum account and impersonate me. These thieves are a lot more clever than I am.

I am a little concerned with the amount of information someone could get about us if they join the forum and do some research. Without hacking my account I know they could find my age, approximate location, nationality of my wife, number and probably age of my children, and VIN of my truck. A lot of members posted their license plate. We have pictures of our houses, and I don't know if a clever tech person could find a geolocation code in those files or not. Probably more.
True, but most of that info is also available on the web.......its the world we live in.
You drive around all day with your plates exposed and your VIN is right there on your windshield. Someone with a LE connection could get your full address and legal history with one phone call.

I have a Ring camera in my living room, so we can watch the dogs when we are gone. If someone hacked that camera, they better bring the No Doze and caffeine drinks. Because what happens at my house is pretty damn boring!

IMO, no one really cares about me or my life, so its unlikely anyone would go digging. I am just not that interesting! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

True, but most of that info is also available on the web.......its the world we live in.
You drive around all day with your plates exposed and your VIN is right there on your windshield. Someone with a LE connection could get your full address and legal history with one phone call.

I have a Ring camera in my living room, so we can watch the dogs when we are gone. If someone hacked that camera, they better bring the No Doze and caffeine drinks. Because what happens at my house is pretty damn boring!

IMO, no one really cares about me or my life, so its unlikely anyone would go digging. I am just not that interesting! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm in the same boat in regards to living a pretty boring life. All I can attest to is that metadata is surprisingly useful to certain industries/folks (not me).

I'm in the same boat in regards to living a pretty boring life. All I can attest to is that metadata is surprisingly useful to certain industries/folks (not me).
That is a fact. Targeted marketing based on metadata is worth billions!

Back