Are TRX are becoming common as roaches?

I genuinely was thinking "Good lawd, how in the hell is a person living in a $230k house able to afford this $100k truck???" This coming from someone who was born and raised in the midwest. The West Coast has warped me!
Perhaps you could tell the west coast to stay the hell out of Texas. Everything has jumped by $200k+ Over the last year. The nice $500k house is now $750k. Hell, there is a development near me that had houses starting at $900k, recently they changed the sign to $1.1 million.

15 years ago $200k bought a really nice home here, not anymore.

Last edited:
I bought my first house for $130k, second for $235k and hate to think about what the next house I buy will cost.

Okay, so what did we decide: are they common as roaches? I would vote no, but I live in a remote corner of NE Washington and there aren't exactly a lot of people up here. And that's just the way we like it. 👍

I think we've determined it depends on where you live. . . which is a bit like roaches. We've got lots of roaches and TRX here in TX, apparently.

BTW, I was washing mine in the driveway in front of my house yesterday. I heard the unmistakable supercharger whine, and immediately knew to look up. It was a granite crystal driving by. That makes 4 I know of in my hood (mine and 3 others). Add that to the other 3 that were at dinner (one of the 4 in the restaurant parking lot was mine) and that's 6 that must live or frequent my part of Dallas. . . Common as roaches.

…well, being an oxymoron is better than being a moron
Did you decide on the TRX, a go or no go?
Either way, I owe you a beer (or 4)!

Attachments

• 88957EE1-D96C-4C32-B1C9-7CD51C87D225.gif
    88957EE1-D96C-4C32-B1C9-7CD51C87D225.gif
    406.2 KB · Views: 6
Did you decide on the TRX, a go or no go?
Either way, I owe you a beer (or 4)!
…….well I’m still on the fence about it. Looked at Raptors in Dallas online yesterday and they’ve got them thangs marks up 30-40 thousand. I think I’m just gonna think about this over the summer as the TRX son make it til fall. I do know one thing else though. I think I’m to old to hang out with you guys on this forum. I’ve worked 50 years and invested and own my own business. Some guy yesterday has to sell his Mamoth because his sons cut of a limb with a chainsaw. Poor guy, I feel sorry but don’t understand what that had to do with selling. Looks like he would be interested in being with his son instead of bantering on a forum. Have never really felt my age until trying to reason with some of the younger generation.

Perhaps you could tell the west coast to stay the hell out of Texas. Everything has jumped by $200k+ Over the last year. The nice $500k house is now $750k. Hell, there is a development near me that had houses starting at $900k, recently they changed the sign to $1.1 million.

15 years ago $200k bought a really nice home here, not anymore.
I'm in Spring Branch, about 35 miles north of San Antonio. We built a house on 3 acres for $425k 5 years ago and was it appraised at $897k just a few weeks ago!! It's insane!!

…….well I’m still on the fence about it. Looked at Raptors in Dallas online yesterday and they’ve got them thangs marks up 30-40 thousand. I think I’m just gonna think about this over the summer as the TRX son make it til fall. I do know one thing else though. I think I’m to old to hang out with you guys on this forum. I’ve worked 50 years and invested and own my own business. Some guy yesterday has to sell his Mamoth because his sons cut of a limb with a chainsaw. Poor guy, I feel sorry but don’t understand what that had to do with selling. Looks like he would be interested in being with his son instead of bantering on a forum. Have never really felt my age until trying to reason with some of the younger generation.
Hey, I am only a few years behind you (54).
Sounds like you have worked very hard and achieved much in your life and you have a bunch to be proud of. Pardon my initial reaction and nonsense, and stick with the forum if you are still looking at a TRX.

I saw he was selling his truck, but didnt know the specifics. That is horrible news about his sons chain saw accident (personally I hate those friggin things)! If he is not covered by insurance or needs help, we should do a Go Fund Me on the forum for his son.

My sis lives in Arlington, I will PM you if I am out that way and I really will buy you a beer or two or four. No shit.

Plenty of very decent houses for $230g here in WV. However the weather is crap 6 months out of the year and its two hours to any major city. But I guess there are pros and cons to everywhere you live.
What's up, Mountaineer! I'm in Elkins and I have only seen one other TRX in this area, a white TRX in Buckhannon.

What's up, Mountaineer! I'm in Elkins and I have only seen one other TRX in this area, a white TRX in Buckhannon.
Howdy neighbor! We are in Parkersburg and Ive seen two with one of them being white as well. I venture through Elkins often on the way to Canaan, Durbin, Cranberry…..

I'm in Spring Branch, about 35 miles north of San Antonio. We built a house on 3 acres for $425k 5 years ago and was it appraised at $897k just a few weeks ago!! It's insane!!
. . .I built on the S.E. side of San Antonio in the China Grove area - initial investment $275K, now Bexar Co. says it's worth $875K.

Why would you order a truck with a 5k ADM when you could have ordered from a dealer on forum for 10-15k below sticker after price increases. My almost fully loaded 22 stickered just under 102 and I paid 86 and change. Maybe that 5 minute fix for a misaligned hood and crooked exhaust would be easier to swallow if you were paying 15-20k less.
My truck is supposed to be in by the 20th of this month and when I was talking to my dealer he said there's no discounts or anything on the TRX. How are some dealerships able to offer that much off of MSRP? Just curious so I can say something about it. My 22 is about 95k and I wouldn't mind something off to help fund my gas spending.

How are some dealerships able to offer that much off of MSRP?
They are giving up some of their profit, and may also get incentives due to high sales volume.
We bought ours from an extremely small dealership at great prices, as that dealer is willing to give up most or all of his profits.

They are giving up some of their profit, and may also get incentives due to high sales volume.
We bought ours from an extremely small dealership at great prices, as that dealer is willing to give up most or all of his profits.
Thanks! I've bought a few trucks from this guy and send friends/family to him. He was pretty firm about no dealerships are offering any type of discount so it looks like it's time for me to find someone else.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back