Anyone just NOT happy with the TRX like me?

WrongMatt

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Porsche Cayenne
I came out of a 2017 Raptor that I enjoyed more than any previous truck. I ordered the TRX in November and took delivery on Thursday of last week (today is Monday, so less than a week) and I am having a lot of trouble finding things about this truck I like. It is more powerful, to be sure, but amenities are lacking for a "luxury" truck, and I ordered every available option. I have checked with two large dealers and there are no Raptors in the Country that I want (Fully optioned white color). This is one hell of a problem to be in I know, and honestly feel a bit foolish complaining about a truck most people cannot even purchase, but I have had every brand and make of truck and have never been so "underwhelmed" as this.

Post a picture of your ride or it didn't happen.

Doubt you'll find many with the same feelings. It's no Audi or Mercedes interior but it's a hell of a lot nicer than any Ford I have sat in...I have sat in many Raptors. Personally I switched from Ford to RAM in 2016 and have never looked back.

Different strokes for different folks.

I came out of a 2017 Raptor that I enjoyed more than any previous truck. I ordered the TRX in November and took delivery on Thursday of last week (today is Monday, so less than a week) and I am having a lot of trouble finding things about this truck I like. It is more powerful, to be sure, but amenities are lacking for a "luxury" truck, and I ordered every available option. I have checked with two large dealers and there are no Raptors in the Country that I want (Fully optioned white color). This is one hell of a problem to be in I know, and honestly feel a bit foolish complaining about a truck most people cannot even purchase, but I have had every brand and make of truck and have never been so "underwhelmed" as this.
I just sold my 18 raptor. I put a bunch of camburg and fox factory performance suspension. I love the truck, but the engine leaves something to be desired. I KNOW the ram will fix that. Also, the nav screen is junk in the raptor, graphics look 10 years old.

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong. Shouldn’t have any trouble selling it. Did you come here looking for advice on how to sell it? Edmunds has some pretty good articles on how to sell a vehicle.
Thank you. I realize it is a subject matter I kind of left hanging. I have called my dealership and they will take the truck back and all that, I am just really torn on what to get into. I let the Raptor go as it was heavily modified over the years and was starting to throw codes, etc... still incredibly reliable considering the way I drove it (hard).

I am confident I can get out of it without losing money, as the dealer sold it at sticker and now they are selling over that with the shortage, etc... I just wanted to see if anyone else was as unimpressed. I have already ordered full bumpers and other things, but I was installing my drive cam system yesterday and just really not wanting to even finish that project as I just cannot "catch the vibe" on this truck.

First off all welcome to the forum.

Second, it's completely fine that your are underwhelmed with your truck, but if you're going to take the time to author a thread to express your feelings with your first post, you could also take the time to be more specific about your complaints. Like what amenities were you expecting and didn't get? And why would that come as a surprise to you given that the specs ofd the truck are readily available before ordering?

Many of us here are former Gen 2 Raptor owners and other than weight and gas mileage, I have not heard a single one (including myself) find one thing that the Gen 2 Raptor is better at than the TRX.

@WrongMatt - just sell it, if you don't like it, you don't like. Not sure what truck has a more "luxury" feeling to it, but it doesn't really matter.
You live only once!

Everyone put their pitchforks down (but not away) ...

2qpo648fj4s11.jpg

Some of the amenities I miss on the Raptor are things I did not realize I enjoy. The ambient lighting is nice in the Ford. I liked my exterior mirrors that dimmed when someone was behind me. I liked the nimble feel of the Raptor, whereas this one site higher and not that low-slung Baja truck feel. I can pick it apart all day but am not trying to do that. I got all my ego out on the Raptor I guess, and I just wanted more of a complete package.

Here is a video of my first night home with the TRX, and already a couple things I found that I don't like.

I am not here to bash Ram or such, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having these issues after waiting months for a truck you planned to thoroughly enjoy and now don't.

Some of the amenities I miss on the Raptor are things I did not realize I enjoy. The ambient lighting is nice in the Ford. I liked my exterior mirrors that dimmed when someone was behind me. I liked the nimble feel of the Raptor, whereas this one site higher and not that low-slung Baja truck feel. I can pick it apart all day but am not trying to do that. I got all my ego out on the Raptor I guess, and I just wanted more of a complete package.

Here is a video of my first night home with the TRX, and already a couple things I found that I don't like.

I am not here to bash Ram or such, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having these issues after waiting months for a truck you planned to thoroughly enjoy and now don't.
The things you list as not being on your FULLY LOADED TRX, are actually on my TRX. Must not be as FULLY LOADED as you thought. Just Saying...Except for the nimble feel. You can thank the extra 1000 pounds for that, but HEY...It is supercharged to compensate.

Just watched your video, your mistake was the Tow Mirrors. The normal mirrors are Power Fold and Auto Dim. I'm guessing the Auto Dim feature is not on the Tow Mirrors?

Last edited:
Not trying to be defensive as I haven't even taken delivery yet, but could you expand and elaborate a bit? I considered a Raptor but it seemed underpowered and the interior pretty crappy. Everything I've heard about the TRX is that it is mega luxurious by comparison. Seems like the only place the Raptor could really win is if someone got into the weeds on off-roading performance, or gas mileage. Seriously wondering. Thank you

Last edited:
Wow! Interesting post. I too though have actually taken delivery on an RV (cost more than a TRX) only to realize not long after spending time in it, that I was just plain not happy. And I didn't have the luxury of not losing money on it - but I said why be unhappy? So less than a year later (and actually only after staying in it no more than three weeks) I sold it and ordered something different that I am totally happy with now.
That aside, I've had many Ram pickups over the years, five in the last four years, with four being Laramies optioned similar to the TRX I am (not-so-patiently) waiting for. And I've owned a few Chevy/GMC pickups, and some Ford pickups along the way also, not to mention quite a few Toyota pickups also - all purchased new so having the latest amenities. I will still take hands-down the Rams over the others any day! I made the mistake of thinking the totally redesigned GMC Canyon would be a great pickup after looking one over pretty thoroughly at a new car show the year they reintroduced them, but after purchasing one I couldn't get rid of it soon enough - just no comparison to my Rams (or a Dakota).
It is true Fords have some little things that Rams do not - but for me they aren't game changers...just neat "toys". But Rams have things the Fords don't (or didn't until this last model year), and I just prefer those. The OP on the other hand, seems to prefer those little things the Fords have that the Rams don't. Each to their own. Happy for the OP that he can not lose a pickup bed load of money if his dealer buys it back - it's always neat to own a vehicle that can still garner MSRP when it's technically used - that's the exception more than the rule.

This just seems "odd"

First you say, "it is more powerful, to be sure." Well yea, that's kinda the point lol.

That's probably the #1 reason to get the TRX - is that Hemi supercharge whine and obscene power. If power wasn't important to you, why in the world would you get a TRX? That's like marrying a super model when looks is the last thing you care about in a partner.

Second, is the TRX for your intended mission? If this is a grocery getter than yea, I guess I get it. If you are gonna do Baja style running than I'm perplexed about your concerns.

As for luxury amenities, I'm not sure what you're looking for. My TR2 package truck is more luxurious or least on par than any BMWs or Benz's I've owned (and I've owned two AMGs including an E63 AMG).

Different strokes for different folks of course. But I'm not quite following the "sure it has power buuuut" stuff. I mean you get the Hellcat truck for the power generally.

Back