Anyone have a klunk,kick in the ass feeling when just about to stop/ start

I never understood this thread until over the weekend when I turned 1100 miles. The klunk magically appeared and a curse word slid out from under my breath. Then my 3 year old in the back says "what daddy?", oh nothing buddy, nothing....

I recently have had this start occurring at right around 1825 miles.

I noticed that it started occurring on my TRX at about 3000 miles. Notice it when coming to a complete stop and when starting from a complete stop, still relatively subtle for me and you have to be paying attention but I’m extremely meticulous and noticed it right away.

Now have 5000 miles and went in for my first service and oil change. Had a master technician look at it and drive it, he thinks it’s relatively mild and considered normal and that it could be due to the locking rear end differential. They told me to watch it and if it gets worse to bring it back and they will look at it again.

For me it only happens when I’m in sport mode and driving the truck hard. Don’t seem to notice it when I’m in auto mode and driving conservatively.

Just started doing it on my truck 6500 miles.

Anyone figured this out yet? 4500 miles and doing it more noticeable now… TIA

Anyone figure this out yet? It’s still relatively subtle for me but being overly meticulous it would be really cool to figure out what this is and if it’s considered normal or not

On my old WJ, ‘13 ram and current ‘19 ram I’ve noticed I would get a similar feeling when driving aggressively (both accelerating and braking) for a while. If I drove conservatively for some time and rode the brakes more to a stop it would go away. Not sure if it’s a similar situation for you guys rather than something mechanically wrong.

Following. Just ordered a '22 TRX and had a similar issue in my '19 Longhorn. I always passed it off to the fuel moving in the tank, but after reading through this thread it seems worse than what I experienced.

We did! Been driving it for about 500 miles since I picked it up from the shop, and itdoesn’t do it anymore... I’ll get all the details from the tech and post it here tomorrow!

Not yet waiting on the parts.
I’m still waiting on my parts. I checked on them yesterday and they are supposed to arrive on august 15th. The bump in the trunk is getting very annoying as the mileage gets higher.

We did! Been driving it for about 500 miles since I picked it up from the shop, and itdoesn’t do it anymore... I’ll get all the details from the tech and post it here tomorrow!
Really looking forward to hearing the details regarding what they did to fix this!

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Really looking forward to hearing the details regarding what they did to fix this!

Thanks in advance for sharing!
Remove driveshaft from rear axle.. Remove band clamps from driveshaft slip yoke boot and separate shaft into 2 pieces, clean all old grease off the splined slip yoke and generously apply PFTE grease. Reassemble driveshaft and install new band clamps.

No more clunk/bump after we did this… very smooth!

I hope this helps! 👍🏻

Attachments

• 820242C4-36CD-426D-B12D-1FE92CB8DC10.jpeg
    820242C4-36CD-426D-B12D-1FE92CB8DC10.jpeg
    663.4 KB · Views: 175
No more clunk/bump after we did this… very smooth!

I hope this helps! 👍🏻

Mine just started this infamous clunk (more of a thud) at about 1800 miles.

Let’s hope pazosdaniel24 is correct. That would be a pretty easy fix.

My TRX does not have this problem yet...I had a first generation Raptor that had this problem and grease on the splines helped but only for a short time. Ford eventually did a recall in which they replaced the drive shaft which solved the problem for good. 3500 miles on my TRX atm.

Mine just started this infamous clunk (more of a thud) at about 1800 miles.

Let’s hope pazosdaniel24 is correct. That would be a pretty easy fix.
It Will work… it worked on mine, so far haven’t feel it once after 800 miles.

Same. My mechanic said he thought it was the suspension. I'm gonn show him the greasing trick and see if that does it. Thanks for the info!

I have the same problem and by time its getting worse and my TRX has only 2500 miles, im pretty sure its a drive shaft grease issue as i had this on my previous truck ! But what makes me suspicious is the clunk only occurs when i run the truck for a while and trans temp gets to its average temp. Not when its cold ! Idk if anyone noticed this as well.

I’m betting we’re not all on the same page with the bump thump stuff. Mine is definitely in the suspension or body mounts because I felt the same bump when filling up with gas the other day. My dealer ordered both rear shock and rear body mounts/ body shock absorbers but I won’t receive them till august 15 to find out if this works.

I have the same problem and by time its getting worse and my TRX has only 2500 miles, im pretty sure its a drive shaft grease issue as i had this on my previous truck ! But what makes me suspicious is the clunk only occurs when i run the truck for a while and trans temp gets to its average temp. Not when its cold ! Idk if anyone noticed this as well.
I agree 100% with this. Mine only does this after warmed to normal temp. Not when cold.

Back