Anyone have a klunk,kick in the ass feeling when just about to stop/ start

Might be the typical 2-to-1 bump some 8 speeds have in the RAM's. I've noticed it in multiple Mopar vehicles, except for the V6'es.
The transmission is rock solid. Many of my friends have some version of it in their cars and even Rolls Royce uses them. Chrysler's programming is just ... not very good (hoping I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here). The transmission is also constantly picking up new patterns. If you'd do a lot of stop and go, it smoothes out again.

Dealer can also make it learn from scratch again (or you can disconnect the battery), which will solve it temporarily, but it'll pick up some weird pattern again sooner or later and do it again for a little while — if it's still the same issue.
Makes sense. It wasn’t happening when I first got the truck. Probably started around 3000 miles. I have 8500 now and still happening.

Yep mine does it also, doesn’t bother me, I’m a master for Toyota, Tacoma’s and 4runners have done that same thing for ever

Mine does the same, I started feeling it when I had about 2000 miles and now almost 5000 i feel it is a little worst but i dont know if its just my mind. Dealer was not able to replicate like always and said to bring it back if it got worst.

Mine does the same, I started feeling it when I had about 2000 miles and now almost 5000 i feel it is a little worst but i dont know if its just my mind. Dealer was not able to replicate like always and said to bring it back if it got worst.
What we tell Toyota custs is that it’s the drive shaft basically catching up with the transfercase which it is in layman terms, basically it’s like a torsion bar and it’s under pressure but when u stop and creep forward the tension settles and that’s what ur feeling, it doesn’t help that r trucks have like 13” or whatever of suspension travel also factors into it cause obviously the drive shaft is moving with the suspension

same issue with mine.. over 12500 miles so far. happened when new and still happens

Had my truck like 4000 miles and lately it feels like as I’m slowing down just about to stop there’s a clunk in the rear and sometimes when I start accelerating the same thing I’m hoping it’s just something that has to do with the all wheel drive or maybe a bushing in the back almost feels like there’s a ring gear tooth missing sometimes lol , doesn’t do it when it’s cold but it does happen a lot
Mine just starting doing it with about 2200 miles on her.......

Mine started around 3500 miles and now have 5200 and it feels like it’s getting worse. I thought I figured it out last night when I was rotating my tires and every lug nut was less than 25 foot pounds of torque. So y’all might want to check the torque on your lug nut even though it won’t fix the bumping problem. I originally thought it was the spare tire being loose because it feels like rubber to rubber contact.

I am really disappointed to be reading this thread. The 8 speed in my current truck('17 Denali 6.2) does this same thing and I absolutely hate it. Its honestly embarrassing to take people for rides in the truck and I have received comments like "whats wrong with your truck?". Sometimes I feel like the 3 speed auto in my '76 bronco works better than these modern transmissions.

I have the same symptom didn’t notice until 2-3k mark as well. It also does not happen all the time.

I have the same exact issue in mine. Started around 3200 miles and it’s annoying and frustrating for sure to say the least. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully we can figure it out. Will post later if we do.

Mine started around 3500 miles and now have 5200 and it feels like it’s getting worse. I thought I figured it out last night when I was rotating my tires and every lug nut was less than 25 foot pounds of torque. So y’all might want to check the torque on your lug nut even though it won’t fix the bumping problem. I originally thought it was the spare tire being loose because it feels like rubber to rubber contact.
Did this solved the problem for you?

Mine doesn’t do this......yet. I remember reading about a truck that had this problem years ago. May have been the first Gen Raptor. They started taking the rear driveshaft off and cleaning the splines in the slip joint. Then greasing the splines really well and reinstalling. If my TRX starts doing this, that is what I am going to try unless someone finds a better cure

Mine doesn’t do this......yet. I remember reading about a truck that had this problem years ago. May have been the first Gen Raptor. They started taking the rear driveshaft off and cleaning the splines in the slip joint. Then greasing the splines really well and reinstalling. If my TRX starts doing this, that is what I am going to try unless someone finds a better cure
I’m going to the service department Saturday to get this figured out and I’ll bring this up to the technician. I kinda figured it was probably the the strut that goes from the rear end housing to the frame or a bushing somewhere. It’s very annoying! It feels like something hitting the tailgate every time I leave a stoplight. Thanks for the heads up on this.

I’m going to the service department Saturday to get this figured out and I’ll bring this up to the technician. I kinda figured it was probably the the strut that goes from the rear end housing to the frame or a bushing somewhere. It’s very annoying! It feels like something hitting the tailgate every time I leave a stoplight. Thanks for the heads up on this.
You’re welcome. Please let us know what you find out

Good luck to all. I know that over on the GM forums people have been able to cure these issues with a custom tune on the trans. I know that my solution is to sell the truck and move on. At this point I’m pretty sure that my driving style will bring it back in the TRX and that I’m just going to have to let all the power keep me from dwelling on it.

Good luck to all. I know that over on the GM forums people have been able to cure these issues with a custom tune on the trans. I know that my solution is to sell the truck and move on. At this point I’m pretty sure that my driving style will bring it back in the TRX and that I’m just going to have to let all the power keep me from dwelling on it.
Giving up is a great way to go. What are you going to move to?

I have noticed mine getting to be a little worse as well. I thought I got rear ended on Sunday. Another car backed out of a parking spot and got really close to me and I purposely inched forward so I didn’t get nailed in the rear (insert inappropriate joke here). As I slightly moved forward the drivetrain and/or suspension seemed to bind up a little. I thought I got nudged. I got out of my truck to confront the lady and she bailed. I was pissed and went to chase after her when I noticed there was not even a scratch on my bumper. Damn, that would have been funny! Lol
I haven’t a clue what the fix is tho.

Mines doing the same ... ZF did a audit on them ... they used the wrong size o-rings .. and plates not torqued to spec... waiting on recall... I have had my in the first 500 miles with this problem dealer said there was no problem...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back