Anyone hard-wire their radar detector yet?

Thanks for all of this accurate documentation. Made the job easy. For my Uniden R7, I added 4" of wire to the power leads so it would reach. Other than that, simple. View attachment 15204
Did you tap into the mirror (mirror tap) or did you run the wire to the fuse box?

Use the other side of the plug, there is more space. I used some old ones that I had laying around, the one side of the plug was way to tight, but the other side worked well.
HUGE HELP going from underside...

Completed the hardwire yesterday inside of 15 minutes - thought this pic might be helpful as well.

The panel was a little hard to pull off at first so I took a small flat screwdriver to the front clips (circled) and it came out easily. I used a 20" Invisicord and the paddles were just about long enough to tap the pink/black wires (plug on the left). Threw on some electrical tape to hold them in place the best I could as well.

TRX hardwire.jpg

I just completed this install for my Valentine 1. The mirror tab kit was extremely simple and took no more than 5 minutes. An 8mm and an extension was all that was needed. Like everyone said, a 20-inch cord is required at least with the V1. Make sure you select the 20-inch cord which is NOT the default recommended option on Blendmount.com when you input RAM TRX under the vehicle selector.

I just completed this install for my Valentine 1. The mirror tab kit was extremely simple and took no more than 5 minutes. An 8mm and an extension was all that was needed. Like everyone said, a 20-inch cord is required at least with the V1. Make sure you select the 20-inch cord which is NOT the default recommended option on Blendmount.com when you input RAM TRX under the vehicle selector.

I used a 15" on a Uniden R7 (similar in size to the V1) and had plenty of cord left over that had to be stuffed back under the black plastic housing behind the mirror. I also did not need to remove any bolts. I removed the plastic covering, tapped into the pink/black wires on one of the connectors, secured the wiretap with a zip tie to ensure it does not come loose, put the plastic cover back on, and mounted the BlendMount. Easy peasy.

this is what I did. But instead of splicing into the fuse box I ran the wire through the firewall (rubber grommets) and wired it into AUX 6 since this was a much smaller gauge wire than 1-4. Now I can turn the radar detector on and off easily. Basically, its a mute button that stays muted until I want it back on.
I did this on my super duty and loved that I could tun it on and off with the Aux. I plan to do the same on my TRX when I get it.

The fuse you used is fuse #66, and it's listed as "Run Accessory Feed - If Equipped". Here's the wiring diagram for that circuit:

View attachment 7074
View attachment 7073

So yes, it's an unused circuit - perfect for tapping in to.

Just an FYI - the common terminal of the relay, #30, is fed by a pair of 80A fuses from the PDC. The relay is engaged in ACC/RUN modes by the green/gray wire energizing the coil.

Hopefully, you tapped into the load side of the fuse, not the line side - otherwise, you'll have up to 160A of unfused current at your detector, in the event of a short :)
He has a inline fuse.

I used this plug & play harness from Gen5DIY for my '19 Challenger Hellcat. It is the same part number for the RAM. Can anyone confirm if the plug is the same for the LCD camera mirror with the technology package?

Finally got around to trying this. Gen5DIY has a plug and play harness for this. The two plastic pieces around the rear view mirror snap off, and it takes 30 seconds to plug it inline with the rear view mirror. No taps or wiring required. This is the same harness I had in my ‘19 Hellcat Challenger. Super easy, super clean.

Attachments

• 6E624281-9769-4916-BC0F-9ADF9DBA96FF.jpeg
    6E624281-9769-4916-BC0F-9ADF9DBA96FF.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 88
Have any of you guys wired up a dashcam the same way? right into the same wires used for the wiretap??

I will be adding the M2 cam w/ my E360C Redline. Does the Mirror tap give you "hardwire" for Webcam power for parking incidents?
1634251570581.png

Have any of you guys wired up a dashcam the same way? right into the same wires used for the wiretap??
I have no knowledge really but… The blend mount says if you wire into the mirror tap you need a voltage converter. It will come up as an option for trx products.

I hardwired both my camera and radar detector. I've used mirror taps for years, but if you are going to run parking mode on the camera I think it makes sense to just hardwire it all.

RIiEpWa.jpg
My radar setup looks exactly like yours -- Uniden R7 on a Blendmount and mirror tap for power. I hate how short the mirror shaft is as causes issues maneuvering the mirror due to the back of the mirror hitting the Blendmount.

My radar setup looks exactly like yours -- Uniden R7 on a Blendmount and mirror tap for power. I hate how short the mirror shaft is as causes issues maneuvering the mirror due to the back of the mirror hitting the Blendmount.
I don't have that problem. I've got full mobility of the mirror in all directions. You should be able to tweak your Blendmount a bit and fine tune the placement to get the movement you need.

I don't have that problem. I've got full mobility of the mirror in all directions. You should be able to tweak your Blendmount a bit and fine tune the placement to get the movement you need.
The Blendmount is all the way to the back of the shaft. The back of the mirror hits the Blendmount when I position the mirror where I want it. My resolution was to just run the rear-facing camera video feed on the mirror fulltime. Works for now. (y)

I hardwired both my camera and radar detector. I've used mirror taps for years, but if you are going to run parking mode on the camera I think it makes sense to just hardwire it all.

RIiEpWa.jpg
After more research, I agree. I think I am going to give a run of getting it into the AUX switch... I do not need the parking mode at home but I would like it when out and about. Thanks!

After more research, I agree. I think I am going to give a run of getting it into the AUX switch... I do not need the parking mode at home but I would like it when out and about. Thanks!
You won't need to go to the Aux switches. Run it down the A pillar and right into the fuse block under the steering wheel. You'll need two fuse taps - one for ignition 12V and one for constant. Super easy.

When hardwiring my dashcam, I used fuse taps and fuse F33 for constant and fuse F66 for ign/ACC power (allows for recording in park mode). There are plenty of grounds in the area to use.

Attachments

• TRX Fuses.jpg
    TRX Fuses.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 50
Back