Another TRX Stolen in Houston (Now Recovered)

thewestwon

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Current Ride #2
2015 Porsche GT3, 2024 BMW M4 CX
As if all the other stolen threads didn't make the point, I had been dragging my feet on a Ravelco - just been super busy. My 2 month old '22 L2 got stolen from my office lot in Willowbrook yesterday in plain view of a TON of traffic. Smashed the rear window and was off in a matter of minutes. I guess it had just happened when I went outside to leave. First thing I checked was the Ram app and it showed them about a quarter mile away. Despite my urge to go after them with one of my coworkers who was really pushing, I just let it go. Not really worth getting shot over. Waited 2.5 hours for police, and I eventually called back and they said "sorry" and to just go to the station. Ram app was still tracking the truck the whole time. At the station, they seemed pretty interested in trying to go get it. They dispatched an officer to the address where it had been for about 30 minutes on the west side of town. Sat view looks like a junkyard/garage. The officer said it wasn't outside and that was pretty much it - Ram app stopped updating shortly thereafter, so I'm assuming they started chopping it. Sounds like insurance is going to make me whole, but it's all super annoying. Not really sure if I even want to order a '23. Dunno how smart thieves are, but even with a Ravelco, I don't really want to deal with replacing windows all the time if they're still gonna smash in and attempt to steal it.

Really sorry to hear about all these thefts, the results of the policies of mayor SLY-vestor Turd-ner or Lardo HildogOh....open door crime and ZERO bail policies.....and time to get out and votes these shits out of office.

As if all the other stolen threads didn't make the point, I had been dragging my feet on a Ravelco - just been super busy. My 2 month old '22 L2 got stolen from my office lot in Willowbrook yesterday in plain view of a TON of traffic. Smashed the rear window and was off in a matter of minutes. I guess it had just happened when I went outside to leave. First thing I checked was the Ram app and it showed them about a quarter mile away. Despite my urge to go after them with one of my coworkers who was really pushing, I just let it go. Not really worth getting shot over. Waited 2.5 hours for police, and I eventually called back and they said "sorry" and to just go to the station. Ram app was still tracking the truck the whole time. At the station, they seemed pretty interested in trying to go get it. They dispatched an officer to the address where it had been for about 30 minutes on the west side of town. Sat view looks like a junkyard/garage. The officer said it wasn't outside and that was pretty much it - Ram app stopped updating shortly thereafter, so I'm assuming they started chopping it. Sounds like insurance is going to make me whole, but it's all super annoying. Not really sure if I even want to order a '23. Dunno how smart thieves are, but even with a Ravelco, I don't really want to deal with replacing windows all the time if they're still gonna smash in and attempt to steal it.

Totally sucks, sorry you experienced this.

At some point, if cops and DAs refuse to do anything, people are going to start taking matters into their own hands.

At some point, if cops and DAs refuse to do anything, people are going to start taking matters into their own hands.
not really..you move out of these areas..look at Detroit where you can buy a house for 15k..you are leaving and moving in areas where thiefs are not incentivized to steal

What was the address that was last reported? It will be interesting to see if other hellcats reported that as their final location. I would say it 2 or more show that location, it's not a coincidence.

Wow that sucks.
For those considering getting a Ravelco, stop now and go get it... it's a must these days.
Hope you get a replacement vehicle asap.
Sucks might not be a TRX... shame on RAM/Dodge for not ever addressing these issues

What was the address that was last reported? It will be interesting to see if other hellcats reported that as their final location. I would say it 2 or more show that location, it's not a coincidence.
2022-10-28 15_59_23-WhatsApp.png

If that dont look and say a chop shop it certainly is rofl. Police wouldnt bother to get a warrant to search?

Fancy snap on tools truck out front in the first person google view so its obviously a mechanic shop too

Attachments

• snap.PNG
    snap.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
Wow that sucks.
For those considering getting a Ravelco, stop now and go get it... it's a must these days.
Hope you get a replacement vehicle asap.
Sucks might not be a TRX... shame on RAM/Dodge for not ever addressing these issues
Yeah, I'm really kicking myself. Had been traveling pretty much nonstop since I got it. If I do get another one I'll get it done the first day it comes home. Luckily, I've got a couple other (awesome) cars I can drive, so we're into first world problem territory here. I suppose if there's any solace, I had been kind of regretting not getting hydro blue. Will wait out the insurance period and hopefully they don't screw me. With the discounts at Mark Dodge, I think I can get a new one ordered and potentially come out ahead. I had paid MSRP for the first one - didn't do any forum research before ordering it (but it did arrive about 80 days post order, so that was cool).

Last edited:
If that dont look and say a chop shop it certainly is rofl. Police wouldnt bother to get a warrant to search?
Nope. They just sent a unit on a drive-by and he said he didn't see the TRX outside. Well, no kidding. Seems like such an easy bust to me, and I'm certainly no expert, but it also seems like an easy warrant if not probable cause with no warrant.

Nope. They just sent a unit on a drive-by and he said he didn't see the TRX outside. Well, no kidding. Seems like such an easy bust to me, and I'm certainly no expert, but it also seems like an easy warrant if not probable cause with no warrant.
Thats wild and such bullshit lol. Man I figured they would try to make contact with someone on the property at least and ask about. Hell if it was me, Id ask the neighboring businesses to look at their cameras and see if a TRX came down the road. But hell if the cops wouldnt even go looking in the first place, i doubt they would make any more effort even with extra proof

trans.PNG

Feb 2020 Juans Transmissions , I guess they found a better business to get into. Should call that number and ask if they have any TRXs for sale lol

View attachment 54449
Feb 2020 Juans Transmissions , I guess they found a better business to get into. Should call that number and ask if they have any TRXs for sale lol
I've had quite a few friends trying to talk me into rolling over there. Honestly, though, at this point I don't really want it back. Gonna have the theft on the carfax and whatever damage has ensued. Would rather start over.

I've had quite a few friends trying to talk me into rolling over there. Honestly, though, at this point I don't really want it back. Gonna have the theft on the carfax and whatever damage has ensued. Would rather start over.
Yeah, id be mad AF. If it wasnt recovered with in an hour or two at this point, then its probably down the frame now anyways and not worth it to recover and assemble back.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back