Another happy $325 exhaust owner

Looks good but how sturdy is the install? Cutting off the original mufflers you eliminated the hangers curious if the pipes are going to move around as i plan on using my truck for what it was designed for. Also is the rear clamp filling in the the gap between the SLP and rear pipes? Thanks.
The shop that welded mine made a replacement hanger to where the factory hanger went.

Looks good but how sturdy is the install? Cutting off the original mufflers you eliminated the hangers curious if the pipes are going to move around as i plan on using my truck for what it was designed for. Also is the rear clamp filling in the the gap between the SLP and rear pipes? Thanks.

The SLP resonators are very light, I bet not even 5 lbs each. The OEM resonator unit was definitely heavier. I believe it's very sturdy and yanked on the pipes pretty well as that was a concern I had also. I actually bought universal 3" hangers that I was going to install but decided it does not need it, but time will tell, I also offroad. There are hangers in front and behind, so IMO the elimination of this hanger will not impact rigidity. Yes rear clamp fits like a glove. I feel pretty good about the use of clamps since that's what Mopar uses on all the other exhaust connections. But hey, I'm the bolt-on guinea pig so who knows, just as long as it doesn't fly off while I'm doing a launch, I'll be happy.

The SLP resonators are very light, I bet not even 5 lbs each. The OEM resonator unit was definitely heavier. I believe it's very sturdy and yanked on the pipes pretty well as that was a concern I had also. I actually bought universal 3" hangers that I was going to install but decided it does not need it, but time will tell, I also offroad. There are hangers in front and behind, so IMO the elimination of this hanger will not impact rigidity. Yes rear clamp fits like a glove. I feel pretty good about the use of clamps since that's what Mopar uses on all the other exhaust connections. But hey, I'm the bolt-on guinea pig so who knows, just as long as it doesn't fly off while I'm doing a launch, I'll be happy.
Thanks! When my truck comes i plan to copy your set up.

Just finished this setup. Resonators arrived from SLP in about 5 days.
110% satisfied with the improved sound. The video by JSA doesn't do it justice. Brought the tone down to a very mean rumble. No interior noise at cruise, and massive grin at WOT!!! Thanks @JumpSquadAuto for the original post. I was going to go with Super 10's but opted for this. I love it!

What is the difference between these and just going straight pipe? I see that these are just shiny hollow pipes?
I've heard straight pipes in person and they are more raspy at WOT and have a a little more drone on the low/mid rpm bands. These take some of the rasp off the top end.

I haven't heard a straight piped TRX yet but been there done that on a couple of other trucks. I think you at least eliminate some snap crackle and pop during deceleration. Some like that sound, I don't. Between the resonators and the vents I think the sound is just right.

Just finished this setup. Resonators arrived from SLP in about 5 days.
110% satisfied with the improved sound. The video by JSA doesn't do it justice. Brought the tone down to a very mean rumble. No interior noise at cruise, and massive grin at WOT!!! Thanks @JumpSquadAuto for the original post. I was going to go with Super 10's but opted for this. I love it!
Happy to hear you are liking the setup. Well worth it for the sounds improvement to price ratio.

Riding off into the weekends now like:

I haven't heard a straight piped TRX yet but been there done that on a couple of other trucks. I think you at least eliminate some snap crackle and pop during deceleration. Some like that sound, I don't. Between the resonators and the vents I think the sound is just right.
Just straight piped mine today. It sounds glorious. No drone, not raspy, just mean.

Happy to hear you are liking the setup. Well worth it for the sounds improvement to price ratio.

Riding off into the weekends now like:

How is the closed window inside sound level?

. . . conversations with passengers , or nah'?

How is the closed window inside sound level?

. . . conversations with passengers , or nah'?
I have a video that tries to capture the sound at various window and throttle conditions. Its almost near stock with regular driving with the big sounds gains when you dig into it and at start up. You would have no issue holding a conversation with the windows up driving normal:

Top Notch video @JumpSquadAuto !!

. . . how high (what number) do you turn up the UConnect to?
Thanks man. My best videos are exhaust ones cause I am not talking in those as much lol.

I actually didn't know there was a surround sound setting in there until like 2 days ago lol. Someone showed it to me. I am not a big music listener but usually around 10-12.

The slp loudmouth 1 resonators always sound awesome I have used this on a 2008 Dodge Charger srt8 and a 2014 Dodge Charger srt super bee. The RAM TRX will definitely have a deeper idle and when you get on it turn a lot of heads.

Definitely NOT an echoboost! ;)

Definitely NOT an echoboost! ;)

View attachment 20113
I usually drive around Boston to avoid traffic but now drive through just to hit the boston tunnel so I can make so much sound and it have no where to escape too. Tunnels and overpasses are a joy ecoboosts cannot enjoy.

I usually drive around Boston to avoid traffic but now drive through just to hit the boston tunnel so I can make so much sound and it have no where to escape too. Tunnels and overpasses are a joy ecoboosts cannot enjoy.

Agreed! I had some free time this morning and actually did a u-turn to hit that tunnel again! :D

Last edited:
Ordered today…will be delivered TOMORROW 35FE3A21-D73D-47A2-943A-A667F3EE21D4.jpeg

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back