Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'17 Denali
Current Ride #2
'20 BMW M5 Competition; '19 Z06
Military
Navy
So my dealer incorrectly said they are installing MOPARs power steps and just now informed me that they don't have access to MOPARs for my truck and instead installed AMP...which is what I wanted anyway.

Here ya go..only pic I have until I pick up in the AM and I'll post a video of it...not sure I can control through the infotainment or not...I'll ask the less-than-knowledgeable-dealer lol

Attachments

• 63347216716__09228766-8FB3-452D-BFB3-F465EC1463AB.JPEG
    63347216716__09228766-8FB3-452D-BFB3-F465EC1463AB.JPEG
    617.6 KB · Views: 1,360
Awesome. I wonder why the heck they aren't an option from factory

That’s slick. Another mod I’d like to do as well!

Yeah I'd concur that's not their wheelhouse, ie, making indestructible steps, so they leave it to 3rd parties.

Not that it matters, but those do not look like AMP Steps. There should be a logo right here.
1611781099331.png

So my dealer incorrectly said they are installing MOPARs power steps and just now informed me that they don't have access to MOPARs for my truck and instead installed AMP...which is what I wanted anyway.

Here ya go..only pic I have until I pick up in the AM and I'll post a video of it...not sure I can control through the infotainment or not...I'll ask the less-than-knowledgeable-dealer lol
That's awesome!! Someone on an earlier post stated the Amp steps wont work on the TRX due to the rear suspension attachment points.

That's awesome!! Someone on an earlier post stated the Amp steps wont work on the TRX due to the rear suspension attachment points.
Exactly. That's why I'm curious what the model number is. I would hate to order AMP and figure out these are not AMP either.

Hell yes! This is what I needed. Part of the justification for this truck was my wife couldn't get in and out of the 6" lifted F250 on 37s that I had. I promised this would be lower and I'd get power steps if they were available. She'll be happy which means I'll be happy.IMG_2088.JPG

I have 9 2019/2020 Limited rams and those are most definitely OEM power steps.

I have 9 2019/2020 Limited rams and those are most definitely OEM power steps.
Agreed, you can see the RAM logo on the far right end of the step in that picture. I wonder if they were able to flash the ECU to allow for the factory style control through the center screen like on the regular 1500's, does the TRX even allow for that software change? Since it wasn't a factory option on the TRX I would be surprised if the wiring is there to do a plug and play so I wonder how much manual wiring was done.

Agreed, you can see the RAM logo on the far right end of the step in that picture. I wonder if they were able to flash the ECU to allow for the factory style control through the center screen like on the regular 1500's, does the TRX even allow for that software change? Since it wasn't a factory option on the TRX I would be surprised if the wiring is even there to do the hardwired install?
My Assumption is that they wired directly to the Door lights. On/Off might be an issue and from experiencec they don't like getting duped on boulders... broke one of our trucks steps pretty quickly. lol

Agreed, you can see the RAM logo on the far right end of the step in that picture. I wonder if they were able to flash the ECU to allow for the factory style control through the center screen like on the regular 1500's, does the TRX even allow for that software change? Since it wasn't a factory option on the TRX I would be surprised if the wiring is there to do a plug and play so I wonder how much manual wiring was done.
On this note, I'm DEFINITELY stealing some power steps from one of my other trucks. lmfao

Agreed, you can see the RAM logo on the far right end of the step in that picture. I wonder if they were able to flash the ECU to allow for the factory style control through the center screen like on the regular 1500's, does the TRX even allow for that software change? Since it wasn't a factory option on the TRX I would be surprised if the wiring is even there to do the hardwired install?

Is this to be able to disable the feature from the screen?

Aside that's it's not a great idea to have deployable steps if one is going to be doing the aggressive off roading the truck is designed for cause the chances of them lasting aren't great, but the last thing you want if you're stuck on sand or a hard surface is these things deploying when you open the door and they shatter all over the place.

So if you're going to have these and plan to off road, you better have a manual override.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back