Amp Power Steps

Have fun! Hoping you and your spouse are past COVID. I have lost three friends in the last two weeks to it. A 40yr old, a 62 year old and a 73 year old. The 40yr old was heavy, but the other two pretty healthy, so be careful.

I too look forward to your reports on the power steps. I have my TRX showing up in two weeks. Although I spec’d the Factory steps, I love the power steps if available.
My wife had to go into the hospital earlier this week but she was released a day later with O2. This is truly the most miserable crap I’ve been through but we are doing ok considering.

My wife had to go into the hospital earlier this week but she was released a day later with O2. This is truly the most miserable crap I’ve been through but we are doing ok considering.
Hang in there my friend. I hope you and your family get through this soon!!

Glad you and the wife are ok. This virus is no joke for many.

Mopar steps installed

Attachments

• 8BA8B5D0-8844-46CC-9EE4-CFCF5239106D.jpeg
    8BA8B5D0-8844-46CC-9EE4-CFCF5239106D.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 209
  • FD6B4454-7661-4BF3-A0AC-38739B2E699F.jpeg
    FD6B4454-7661-4BF3-A0AC-38739B2E699F.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 32762CB6-8537-49AD-A361-5E227A8782E9.jpeg
    32762CB6-8537-49AD-A361-5E227A8782E9.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 203
Mopar steps installed
Forgive me if you have already, but are they linked up to the connect? Can you deploy them and keep them down while parked? Do they stick out far enough to prevent door banger from smacking you doors? Thanks

Forgive me if you have already, but are they linked up to the connect? Can you deploy them and keep them down while parked? Do they stick out far enough to prevent door banger from smacking you doors? Thanks
That is being investigated as we speak. We should know soon. But I think it is going to work.

They are not right now. I will go back to the dealership tomorrow and see what they can do.

What are the pro’s and cons between mopar and amp?

if all else equal I will get mopar just for ease of warranty

The install for my Mopar steps was pushed to this Friday.
Windows were tinted Thursday, PowertraxPRO MX bed cover install is tomorrow.
They have the carpet for my bed and they are going to see if that fits tomorrow too. If not that will have to wait.
Ceramic coating will be done next Saturday.
I am also debating on if I think those diamond stitching floor mats would look right in my truck?
I should hit 300 miles tomorrow and will get my first oil change Tuesday morning.
This truck was definitely worth the wait! Ram did an awesome job in my opinion.
So did the bed cover and bed carpet fit? Can you post some pics, and if you have part numbers for those please post them as well. Thanks!

What are the pro’s and cons between mopar and amp?

if all else equal I will get mopar just for ease of warranty
I don't think we know yet f AMPs will fit on truck. We know the MOPAR ones will.

I shudder to think of door bangers...

I ordered the Amp Xtreme 78240-01A ($1575 shipped) since I live in Iowa and deal with a lot of snow and ice build up. Supposedly my truck is to be built within the next week but who knows. Worst case scenario I have to sell my steps for a couple hundred dollar loss to a regular Ram 1500 owner and buy the Mopar ones. I'll update everyone once I get a truck.

Last edited:
I ordered the Amp Xtreme 78240-01A ($1575 shipped) since I live in Iowa and deal with a lot of snow and ice build up. Supposedly my truck is to be built within the next week but who knows. Worst case scenario I have to sell my steps for a couple hundred dollar loss to a regular Ram 1500 owner and buy the Mopar ones. I'll update everyone once I get a truck.
That will be good information for the group.

I wish AMP would make an Xtreme XL I need the extra 2” for my ederly parents and kids. Hell, I wish AMP would get it together and confirm any of their products work on the TRX. I guess no one in Calfifornia has had a truck delivered? Maybe they are all waiting for Cybertrucks?

I wish AMP would make an Xtreme XL I need the extra 2” for my ederly parents and kids. Hell, I wish AMP would get it together and confirm any of their products work on the TRX. I guess no one in Calfifornia has had a truck delivered? Maybe they are all waiting for Cybertrucks?
I too looked for an Xtreme XL. When this covid situation is better I have an elderly mother to bust out of assisted living to take her out to eat etc.

So did the bed cover and bed carpet fit? Can you post some pics, and if you have part numbers for those please post them as well. Thanks!
Sorry, I guess I am slacking. The cover fits and works great and I love the look. Need to order some dividers and/or bed extender maybe. They did cut down the accessory rail or whatever you call it. It has removable caps in the ends so you can’t tell that rail is a little shorter. Will post a pic today. The carpet, they could have “made it work” so I passed on that.

View attachment 3120I have amp steps on my cummins, but wondering how these are. Might be the alternative, just don’t know the quality
There were multiple Jeeps on my dealers lot with these steps installed already so I got to see them first hand. Its definitely unique the way they power down in a front to back arc instead of side to side. The big thing for me was that they are always visible and don't hide the way the amp/mopar style steps do. This could also be a PRO if you want the extra protection when not deployed though, but I really like the added height appearance of no step.

There were multiple Jeeps on my dealers lot with these steps installed already so I got to see them first hand. Its definitely unique the way they power down in a front to back arc instead of side to side. The big thing for me was that they are always visible and don't hide the way the amp/mopar style steps do. This could also be a PRO if you want the extra protection when not deployed though, but I really like the added height appearance of no step.
I’m going amp steps. Actually need to order them. #803 should be built this week.

I’m going amp steps. Actually need to order them. #803 should be built this week.
So do we know that they will fit the TRX? If so, can you share the part #?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back