Amp Power Steps

Just found out tonite so haven’t had a chance to talk to dealer. I have a few things to be done ASAP (spray in bed liner, ceramic tint, RETRAX, ceramic coating, and, if they work, power steps. I just don’t anyone driving it around to get this stuff done.

Just found out tonite so haven’t had a chance to talk to dealer. I have a few things to be done ASAP (spray in bed liner, ceramic tint, RETRAX, ceramic coating, and, if they work, power steps. I just don’t anyone driving it around to get this stuff done.
When’s it supposed to arrive ?

When’s it supposed to arrive ?
It arrived at the rail yard in Houston (South side) this morning. Not sure when it’s suppose to get to the dealership (North side) but probably tomorrow or Wednesday.

C6D34A31-5061-479B-9540-D608403EF97A.jpeg
I have amp steps on my cummins, but wondering how these are. Might be the alternative, just don’t know the quality

Well F*ck! My wife just tested positive for Covid. I’m in quarantine for 10 days. Worried about her of course but pissed I may not be able to get my truck till next week
I’m sure they offer no contact pickup! Good luck hope you and the family have a mild case and a quick recovery.

Picking it up as I type. We will have to wait until Friday to find out if the steps fit. I wanted to drive it tonight.
Have fun man. Let us know how you like it. Cheers

Mine picked up at rail tonight too....dealer installing the MOPARs tomorrow and will send me pics once installed tomorrow....P/U on Thursday AM

Sitting here awaiting the pics of the steps too....check out "Black Beauty" thread of the truck pics i posted this AM...having them leave it unwashed but that's nerving me lol

I think I'm going to go ahead and get a set of the Amp Extremes (78240-01A) on order and try to make them work when my truck gets here in about a month. That's what I have on my Roush F-150 now and the dual motors deal well with the Iowa snow and ice. Does anyone have a reason that I COULDN'T make them fit with minimal work?

Last edited:
The install for my Mopar steps was pushed to this Friday.
Windows were tinted Thursday, PowertraxPRO MX bed cover install is tomorrow.
They have the carpet for my bed and they are going to see if that fits tomorrow too. If not that will have to wait.
Ceramic coating will be done next Saturday.
I am also debating on if I think those diamond stitching floor mats would look right in my truck?
I should hit 300 miles tomorrow and will get my first oil change Tuesday morning.
This truck was definitely worth the wait! Ram did an awesome job in my opinion.

The install for my Mopar steps was pushed to this Friday.
Windows were tinted Thursday, PowertraxPRO MX bed cover install is tomorrow.
They have the carpet for my bed and they are going to see if that fits tomorrow too. If not that will have to wait.
Ceramic coating will be done next Saturday.
I am also debating on if I think those diamond stitching floor mats would look right in my truck?
I should hit 300 miles tomorrow and will get my first oil change Tuesday morning.
This truck was definitely worth the wait! Ram did an awesome job in my opinion.
Agreed, I picked up mine in Friday and love it. So much better in person and drives and rides amazing. Keep us posted on the steps.

Any news on the steps? My dealership parts guy knew very little about them.

Have fun! Hoping you and your spouse are past COVID. I have lost three friends in the last two weeks to it. A 40yr old, a 62 year old and a 73 year old. The 40yr old was heavy, but the other two pretty healthy, so be careful.

I too look forward to your reports on the power steps. I have my TRX showing up in two weeks. Although I spec’d the Factory steps, I love the power steps if available.

Have fun! Hoping you and your spouse are past COVID. I have lost three friends in the last two weeks to it. A 40yr old, a 62 year old and a 73 year old. The 40yr old was heavy, but the other two pretty healthy, so be careful.

I too look forward to your reports on the power steps. I have my TRX showing up in two weeks. Although I spec’d the Factory steps, I love the power steps if available.
Man sorry for your loss. That is one terrible virus. Stay safe!

Back