Amp Power Steps

Johnny@JustBoltOns

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 Mustang, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Hydro Blue (while I wait on my TRX)
I’m going amp steps. Actually need to order them. #803 should be built this week.
I would order them as soon as you can. Most suppliers are backordered on them. I'm at least 3 to 4 weeks out on any of the below since they are so popular among the 5th GEN Rams 1500s as well.

76240-01A - Powerstep Base
77240-01A - XL
78240-01A - Xtreme

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 GMC 2500 trade for TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
My wife had to go into the hospital earlier this week but she was released a day later with O2. This is truly the most miserable crap I’ve been through but we are doing ok considering.
Hey Judge,
Been thinking about you and your Fam.... how are you all doing? Hope all is well and you are licking this thing. Cheers

GeorgeSRT2020

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
George
Current Ride
REBEL
I would order them as soon as you can. Most suppliers are backordered on them. I'm at least 3 to 4 weeks out on any of the below since they are so popular among the 5th GEN Rams 1500s as well.

77240-01A - XL
78240-01A - Xtreme
I called Amp-Research today about the steps they said they won't be available till 4-5 months for a 2021 Ram 1500 and also TRX ? ..... has anyone installed 76240-01A to verify they work ?

litig8r187

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep SRT
Hey Judge,
Been thinking about you and your Fam.... how are you all doing? Hope all is well and you are licking this thing. Cheers
Doing better. Got my truck Friday. First day I tested negative. Then, the snowpocolypse hit Texas. Got to use snow mode some. Probably the only tome in its life that’ll happen. But multiple broken water pipes, flooded kitchen, rolling power outages, no running water has made for a sucky week. That, and I’m used to handling things myself. Unfortunately, Covid has kick my stamina to the curb. Finally had to stop when I got worried I’d pass out under my house. Fortunately, small towns, folks hear about your needs and show up to help just because your a neighbor. Just ready for some normal temps and Covid to leave my ass alone so I can play with my truck.
Dealer did call and said my power steps were in. Glad I ordered them. This truck is slightly higher than I thought.

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 GMC 2500 trade for TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Doing better. Got my truck Friday. First day I tested negative. Then, the snowpocolypse hit Texas. Got to use snow mode some. Probably the only tome in its life that’ll happen. But multiple broken water pipes, flooded kitchen, rolling power outages, no running water has made for a sucky week. That, and I’m used to handling things myself. Unfortunately, Covid has kick my stamina to the curb. Finally had to stop when I got worried I’d pass out under my house. Fortunately, small towns, folks hear about your needs and show up to help just because your a neighbor. Just ready for some normal temps and Covid to leave my ass alone so I can play with my truck.
Dealer did call and said my power steps were in. Glad I ordered them. This truck is slightly higher than I thought.
Glad to hear you are recovering! And congrats on your truck. Will be looking forward to your 1st impressions. Take care and Cheers.

IA_TRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Roush SC F150 (for now)
I called Amp-Research today about the steps they said they won't be available till 4-5 months for a 2021 Ram 1500 and also TRX ? ..... has anyone installed 76240-01A to verify they work ?
My truck and 78240-01A - Xtreme should be here within the next couple weeks. I'll report back as soon as I know.

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score

77240-01A - XL
78240-01A - Xtreme
As Johnny says, these are all backordered. Get on an order list since I can tell you these trucks need a step to get into them. Particularly if you are running 37" tires.

Food for thought for those of you who are going to actually use this truck off-road... get the Xtreme model. Back in 2015 I did my first Raptor Run and my Raptor had the base powersteps installed. After a couple of runs through the muddy course the steps stopped deploying on one side, and on the other side they wouldn't go back up once deployed. It took some serious power washing to get the crud out of the works so that they would work again. Once I got them up I just pulled the fuse on them so they would stay up for the rest of the weekend. The Xtreme version has two motors as opposed to one, so it "should" do a better job of holding up to harsh environments.

RR305

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
What are the pro’s and cons between mopar and amp?

if all else equal I will get mopar just for ease of warranty
Pros,
I can only comment on Mopar,
But the only real advantage I would say is the Mopar working with the Uconnect.
I can deploy the steps from the screen or hide them, also it shows the ram in the 7 inch screen Showing the steps deploy and retract when using the steps through Uconnect.
Give me a few hrs and I'll post pics

Cons,
Price & price to have dealer flash Uconnect
I overpaid but complete install and flash was $850 + steps

GeorgeSRT2020

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
George
Current Ride
REBEL
As Johnny says, these are all backordered. Get on an order list since I can tell you these trucks need a step to get into them. Particularly if you are running 37" tires.

Food for thought for those of you who are going to actually use this truck off-road... get the Xtreme model. Back in 2015 I did my first Raptor Run and my Raptor had the base powersteps installed. After a couple of runs through the muddy course the steps stopped deploying on one side, and on the other side they wouldn't go back up once deployed. It took some serious power washing to get the crud out of the works so that they would work again. Once I got them up I just pulled the fuse on them so they would stay up for the rest of the weekend. The Xtreme version has two motors as opposed to one, so it "should" do a better job of holding up to harsh environments.
I was ordering a set 76240-01A and Amp Research told me they will not fit 2021 Ram 1500 & TRX because of bracket that is being redesign and different electronics ?

IA_TRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Roush SC F150 (for now)
I was ordering a set 76240-01A and Amp Research told me they will not fit 2021 Ram 1500 & TRX because of bracket that is being redesign and different electronics ?
Well, damn :-(

Elarson6772

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Eric Larson
Current Ride
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X

Weird. I called Amp last week and they told me the ones for the standard 2021 1500 Ram fit and they just hadn't updated their website yet. Guess the answer depends on who answers the phone at Amp. lol

Johnny@JustBoltOns

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 Mustang, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Hydro Blue (while I wait on my TRX)
Weird. I called Amp last week and they told me the ones for the standard 2021 1500 Ram fit and they just hadn't updated their website yet. Guess the answer depends on who answers the phone at Amp. lol
Haha! I've had that same encounter. Waiting on them to get back to me this week. Hopefully they will come out from backorder by spring.

Last edited:

GeorgeSRT2020

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
George
Current Ride
REBEL
I called them back in January they said first week in March - Last week they told me 5 months.

I am going to call again tomorrow - this is ridiculous that they give different answers to everyone

Elarson6772

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Eric Larson
Current Ride
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X
I called them back in January they said first week in March - Last week they told me 5 months.

I am going to call again tomorrow - this is ridiculous that they give different answers to everyone
I’m just going with the Mopar power steps for the 1500. I’ve seen multiple TRX’s with them on now and they bolt right up. Dealer will supply them, install them, and program UConnect for them for the same price as the Amp boards.

IA_TRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Roush SC F150 (for now)
I’m just going with the Mopar power steps for the 1500. I’ve seen multiple TRX’s with them on now and they bolt right up. Dealer will supply them, install them, and program UConnect for them for the same price as the Amp boards.
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to do the same. I really wanted the Amp Xtremes.

10killer75

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
1976 Cherokee Princess
Dealer just installed my Mopar’s today. Thursday can’t get here soon enough!
330522E9-7E7A-4052-98FB-53799119FF01.jpeg

GeorgeSRT2020

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
George
Current Ride
REBEL
Just got off the phone with Amp-Research they said call back in 30 days to see if they have the updated boards for 2021 Ram 1500's- I get different answers every time I call lol

HeliPilot

TRX Fan
Reaction score
miltary
USAF
My truck should ship soon. Dealer ordered factory power boards and will install/program all for $1800. All should arrive around the same time. Getting it done before delivery. I will have some factory rock rails for sale soon.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com