All wheel drive donuts ?

Guns22

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 power wagon
Am I missing something here ? In all the vids it shows the truck doing multiple donuts . I do not see the front wheels breaking loose or drifting ? I understand the truck can select drive formats and power splits front to rear but at a max of 70 -30 I think . But still how are they achieving the effect ?

I think it is utilizing the sand, loose dirt. Don’t know if it will work on dry pavement ... but I’m sure someone will know.

No doubt the sand helps The tires break loose but closely watching the videos I don’t see any slip in the front tires , but I am getting older and my eyes are getting tired lol

I noticed there is no slip in the front right away in those videos. I would bet they just popped out the front driveshaft which wouldn't take but a half hour or so. So it was just for the video. That's assuming it's not available from the computer to put 100% to the rear and they just have not mentioned it which I doubt at this point.

Yeah I don't see anyone doing donuts on the street

1601024918140.png

1601025075791.png

There's a 'custom' mode where you can configure front/rear split and other options. Haven't seen any details so unsure if you can do a 0/100 torque split or not.

There's a 'custom' mode where you can configure front/rear split and other options. Haven't seen any details so unsure if you can do a 0/100 torque split or not.

My guess is its like my AMG custom mode.. It lets you configure within the parameters of the existing modes. nothing outside. Also might not be able to start it in the custom mode either. That's something stupid manufactures tend to do too.

I saw the same thing the last time we discussed this. There’s very clearly no power to the front wheels. That must have been a prototype thing as there’s no mention of that mode anywhere.

I’m assuming it was deemed too “unsafe” for non-professionals on an open course.

I was reading this and looks like the best we are going to get is 25/75 split. I believe custom is going to be like on the hellcats where you can you can adjust steering, shifting, suspension, and some other things for your own preferences.
1601225668001.png

I have absolutely no interest in donuts, I can ruin a set of tires in an hour off road if I wanted to :)
But an AWD drift on the other hand is a completely different animal, I can't wait to see the first video of someone drifting the TRX sideways on a tack......

I’m curious if any of the settings truly allow you to turn off all the safety nannies so we can get the full potential out of the beast , I currently own a 2016 power wagon and was always frustrated with the nanny tech holding the truck back. I’m not looking to do donuts in the street I’m past those days ( sort of ) just for once would love to see a performance vehicle I can wheel without big brother keeping me safe. Technology is great but like everything it has a time and place for use. I want to drive the truck not the other way around . Old school I know , I’m babbling sorry

My power wagon has same feature for axle wrap. I’m just curious if the nanny controls can be turned off 100% meaning traction control , I know there is the traction control off button but is it 100% off. I understand the truck will always be all wheel drive , it would never hook if it wasn’t anyway , I supercharged a 04 ram 1500 back in the day and could only launch it in 4 wheel any thing else and it would just roast tires. And that was only pushing about 600 hp

My power wagon has same feature for axle wrap. I’m just curious if the nanny controls can be turned off 100% meaning traction control , I know there is the traction control off button but is it 100% off. I understand the truck will always be all wheel drive , it would never hook if it wasn’t anyway , I supercharged a 04 ram 1500 back in the day and could only launch it in 4 wheel any thing else and it would just roast tires. And that was only pushing about 600 hp
You are correct, either all wheel drive or load 1500lb of bricks to launch, I think AWD is better :)

I'm curious if the TRX has a similar option to the Trackhawk and SRT Durangos. According to this, its a simple fuse to disable traction control and allow for some good ole' 2WD tire roasting. If you are wanting a more long term, leave it in 2WD but also keep the other features of traction control, the more recommended method for a RWD only mode on the Trackhawk forums is to completely remove the electric motor from the transfer caser that controls the front output. This was what they suggest doing in order to dyno tune on a more common 2WD chassis dyno as well.

Back