Justinb491

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2023 Jeep Wrangler 392
I’m going to be adding the adaptive cruise control to my truck. Trying to remove the airbag. I’ve removed them from my Yukon and F150 a few years back. Small side hole on each side of the wheel. Push spring clip to release. For the life of me I can’t seem to feel a clip. Looking on the forum and on line is turning up nothing helpful. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Here's the procedure from the service manual:

1627100001302.png

1627100043830.png

The DAB remover tool they talk about is just a piece of very stiff wire, coiled on one end to use as a handle - looks a lot like a grenade pin on a timing belt tensioner. Anything short and stiff should do, like a small punch.

The video in port #2 is for a 4th gen interior ('09 - '18), so not sure how much is relevant to a 5th gen interior ('19+). Admittedly, the shots from the service manual above are from a 2019, because the TRX SM isn't available yet.

I found a video last night showing. Tom488 diagram helps for sure. It’s tricky trying to catch the spring just in the right position. Once you get it on one side the other side is easy

Back