Air filter - in or out ?

Guns22

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 power wagon
I’m going to be running 1/4 mile run soon , I have done lower incognito pulley , SLP resonators, and catch can , my question is would I gain anything by pulling the air filters out for the runs ? Or is it not worth the risk of sucking crap in ? Just curious if anyone has done this and had any gain with the air flow less restricted. This would just be for the runs for the day .

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
@Superbrowndude runs quarter miles so maybe he can speak to it a little more. I don't know if it will make much of a difference on the TRX with or without the filters because the track specific vehicles that run no filter usually have a bellmouth intake end to maximize the no filter approach and because the intake box on the TRX is a pan, can't have a bellmouth end. Just my 2 cents so I could be totally wrong.

Superbrowndude

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ram-Jay Greene Tuned
Current Ride #2
87 GN 10s in 1/4, 08 Cobalt SS, High 12s
I’m going to be running 1/4 mile run soon , I have done lower incognito pulley , SLP resonators, and catch can , my question is would I gain anything by pulling the air filters out for the runs ? Or is it not worth the risk of sucking crap in ? Just curious if anyone has done this and had any gain with the air flow less restricted. This would just be for the runs for the day .
There is a guy on Facebook who claimed his truck is stock, he pulled the filters and ran an 11.9. To me it doesn't make sense for his stock truck running that time.
I normally drop the skid plates and spare tire and take the baby seats out before I goto the track. My next track day is October 2. I'll pull the filters for a couple passes to see if it improves.

Superbrowndude

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ram-Jay Greene Tuned
Current Ride #2
Definitely post a video, if it's cooler I could see you hitting a 12.1 or so with the pulley!

OP
G

Guns22

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 power wagon
I’m going to do at least one run in and one with filters pulled just to see , the 25th of this month is the event, no prep track , will be my first time racing legally lol . I will definitely get video and post up

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Since you mentioned it i have to ask all that are here. I saw a post in the Shitbook (facebook) TRX group stating a lot of blown motors from the incognito kit due to them not being properly balanced. I know a few members have installed this already. Any Charger/Challenger hellcat peeps in here know if there is any truth to his statement? It was one guy in particular so maybe he was a hater but good to ask the smart people!

Superbrowndude

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ram-Jay Greene Tuned
Current Ride #2
Since you mentioned it i have to ask all that are here. I saw a post in the Shitbook (facebook) TRX group stating a lot of blown motors from the incognito kit due to them not being properly balanced. I know a few members have installed this already. Any Charger/Challenger hellcat peeps in here know if there is any truth to his statement? It was one guy in particular so maybe he was a hater but good to ask the smart people!
I haven't had any issues with my Pulley, it's been on for about 8k now. Everything works as it should and the 2psi of boost is definitely noticeable at WOT

Superbrowndude

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ram-Jay Greene Tuned
Current Ride #2
I’m going to do at least one run in and one with filters pulled just to see , the 25th of this month is the event, no prep track , will be my first time racing legally lol . I will definitely get video and post up
No Prep is where our trucks fucking shine. I was able to kill a Hellcat Challenger on a no Prep. Then I got murdered by a Scat pack on a prep track. You will have lots of fun, cause no one else will be hooking!

OP
G

Guns22

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 power wagon
I can’t wait to rip this truck down the track . I’ve only been able to do 0 to 60 pulls locally. To many cops and traffic to safely get in a good solid run . Not sure how the light tree will be set up and if I will have time to effectively use launch control

Superbrowndude

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ram-Jay Greene Tuned
Current Ride #2
I can’t wait to rip this truck down the track . I’ve only been able to do 0 to 60 pulls locally. To many cops and traffic to safely get in a good solid run . Not sure how the light tree will be set up and if I will have time to effectively use launch control
On a prepped track I actually had wheel hop using launch control. I don't use it any more, manual brake boost between 1800-2k rpm have given me the best times in the street and track.

wc351

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Will
Current Ride
2018 Focus RS
Current Ride #2
21 Hydro TRX

Been on a track with a tree before?

wc351

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Will
Current Ride
2018 Focus RS
Current Ride #2
21 Hydro TRX

Top two bulbs are pre-stage and stage. Next three are the count down to green. Then green and red, red means you left to early.

Personally I don’t light the stage bulb until I am ready and the other person is ready. Then I leave when the last yellow bulb comes on because by the time I react and the vehicle does the green light is already on. .400 is a perfect light FYI. You should foot brake it your first time out and don’t worry about the launch control.

This should give you an idea of what I do.

OP
G

Guns22

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 power wagon
Top two bulbs are pre-stage and stage. Next three are the count down to green. Then green and red, red means you left to early.

Personally I don’t light the stage bulb until I am ready and the other person is ready. Then I leave when the last yellow bulb comes on because by the time I react and the vehicle does the green light is already on. .400 is a perfect light FYI. You should foot brake it your first time out and don’t worry about the launch control.

This should give you an idea of what I do.
I was wondering if I should leave on last yellow for best reaction time . Thanks for the tip

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com