AFE intake and Incognito Pulley

Thank you for the info. How do you rate the experience of getting the 800 kit with Ripa?

Is the pulley alone worth it at all?
Can you elaborate a bit about what chip you got?
The incognito is well worth it. I was back on the incognito group buy thread this morning and it appears there are still a few with squeaker's. I did the race chip first and it gave a noticeable improvement then the incognito that gave it more so I never had just the incognito but from what I experienced the pulley alone is worth it.
The ripa 800 kit is good, its a step above the incognito but I don't see it being worth the $7000 I paid installed. Maybe if I did it myself and shaved off the $2000 on the install maybe??
Getting an install at ripa itself.. Well unless you have the ability to leave the vehicle and just forget it till they have the time to get to it the communication is awful. It wasn't a case of poor workmanship or not being knowledgeable. Steve knows the products for sure. If your coming from out of state it's not easy to coordinate with someone that doesn't respond. There are plenty of shops that can install his stuff. If I were to do it again I would go locally with his kit or just go locally. This motor is widely used and getting power out of it isn't rocket science.

This thing is badass. Uses all the stock mounting points and drain. Plus keeps the factory shroud. I was completely surprised how deafening the supercharger is a certain RPM’s. Drove around my neighborhood in second gear on and off the gas to hear that bad bitch. The wife was looking at me like I was retarded. Retarded fo mo powa babeh!!!!
Hi, I just ordered the Momentum GT from B Woody, it will be back in stock and shipped before the end of September apparently. I see you raved about the Supercharger noise and that’s what I’m hoping for. This truck was my first vehicle ever that Wasn’t naturally aspirated and I fell in love with the supercharger whine, what an awesome souund. Until I got the Borla Atak exhaust(which I love), but the exhaust drowns out the S/C whine, and the more you step into the pedal the louder the exhaust gets obviously(and the louder the S/C gets) but I STILL can’t hear it. Do you have an aftermarket exhaus? How’s the S/C noise, a lot louder with the Momentum GT? thanks, Dave

Hi, I just ordered the Momentum GT from B Woody, it will be back in stock and shipped before the end of September apparently. I see you raved about the Supercharger noise and that’s what I’m hoping for. This truck was my first vehicle ever that Wasn’t naturally aspirated and I fell in love with the supercharger whine, what an awesome souund. Until I got the Borla Atak exhaust(which I love), but the exhaust drowns out the S/C whine, and the more you step into the pedal the louder the exhaust gets obviously(and the louder the S/C gets) but I STILL can’t hear it. Do you have an aftermarket exhaus? How’s the S/C noise, a lot louder with the Momentum GT? thanks, Dave
I don’t have an exhaust on mine. Still OE so I can’t speak intelligently on that. However, I think it’s pretty significant. Especially around 2-2500 rpm. it seems like it’s significantly louder during moderate acceleration. When I beat on it (that’s what she said) it’s louder, but the exhaust is raging as well so kind of dampens the sound. I will say, if you have a billet technologies catch can, there will be interference, but the intake still seals around the hood. The supercharger noise will be louder, just uncertain how audible it will be with an exhaust.

I don’t have an exhaust on mine. Still OE so I can’t speak intelligently on that. However, I think it’s pretty significant. Especially around 2-2500 rpm. it seems like it’s significantly louder during moderate acceleration. When I beat on it (that’s what she said) it’s louder, but the exhaust is raging as well so kind of dampens the sound. I will say, if you have a billet technologies catch can, there will be interference, but the intake still seals around the hood. The supercharger noise will be louder, just uncertain how audible it will be with an exhaust.
Any chance you can share some pics of the interference? I'm currently looking at that exact setup. Thanks.

I second the race chip info. Where can we find info on it.

Hey Shane, thanks for your quick reply and input, that helps. I think the listing for the Momentum GT said a 28 HP gain, that seems significant even with the 700 we already have. Were you able to notice the increased HP and / or Torque or hard to say…? Thx Shane

Also interested in this as I have the same catch can and the afe sitting in the garage waiting to be put on. But since we have been in a massive heat

Any chance you can share some pics of the interference? I'm currently looking at that exact setup. Thanks.
The 90 fitting interferes with the air box. The mounting bracket interferes with the intake port. You can see where I pulled the catch can away from the intake. There’s a fine dust coating from dirt and a small patch where it’s clean. I haven’t had any issues with functionality. Probably could do some modifying to make it fit flawlessly. I haven’t had the time yet. C9EC7B23-269D-4DF4-A3F1-C95207E5684E.jpeg00530A32-A843-4B45-882A-D7894A8C6EE8.jpeg560351CC-7003-4757-99F6-D7A6725C2A2D.jpeg4B5DD343-C08D-4D2A-AE4A-46BA900B3224.jpeg

Doesn’t appear to be anything major. Should be fine I would think! Thanks 😎

Hey Shane, thanks for your quick reply and input, that helps. I think the listing for the Momentum GT said a 28 HP gain, that seems significant even with the 700 we already have. Were you able to notice the increased HP and / or Torque or hard to say…? Thx Shane
I didn’t notice much. I’ve played with the performance pages a lot when I got the truck so I’m familiar with normal operating ranges. Specifically the boost gauge. When Id punch it, it would flicker to 11 psi. After installing the Momentum GT, it’ll hang in the 11psi range opposed to the flickering. There is definitely more power being created. It’s not necessarily butt dyno noticeable. I can’t confirm the 28hp increase, but it’s done something. I’ve heard the way to go is Momentum GT with the incognito pulley. That is suppose to be noticeable. My incognito is ordered. Apologies for the delayed response

One thing also to think about when considering the “28hp on a 700hp truck”…

If the product is making 28hp under the peak… that’s where it’s important.

28hp gain in low rpm under peak power points, let’s say where peak hp is 200-300 hp… that 28hp is a lot more effective.

I’ve always been on the hunt for power adders that add power through out the entire rpm range and hopefully heavily in the lower half of the rpm range.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back