Adding factory heated dipstick - aka engine block heater

bradphish

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 Black TRX
When I ordered my 22 last year the heated dipstick was $95 option. Not sure why I did not get it.

I assume this option can be added? Is it just a dipstick that plugs in or is there more to it?

Anyone have a part #

Last edited:
You mean engine block heater? Not too difficult to add afterwards.

I added the block heater on mine after the fact. Wasn’t too bad. There’s a hole cast into the block above the starter and it secures with one bolt. Then run the cable up and around. I extended it out the tow hook for easy access.

I added the block heater on mine after the fact. Wasn’t too bad. There’s a hole cast into the block above the starter and it secures with one bolt. Then run the cable up and around. I extended it out the tow hook for easy access.

TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it work good?

If you put it in yourself, you might actually be able to find the end of the plug... ;)

I installed one as more of a just incase for this winter. Last winter it was in an unheated garage and we got below zero quite a bit here in MN but it never struggled to fire up. Super easy install! Hopefully I won't need it but if I do it is ready to go.

If you put it in yourself, you might actually be able to find the end of the plug... ;)
Do you how there's no engine heater for 392? I was trying to buy a MOPAR branded one , since it's not an option anymore on 22 and 23, and was told there is none available/compatible

Do you how there's no engine heater for 392? I was trying to buy a MOPAR branded one , since it's not an option anymore on 22 and 23, and was told there is none available/compatible
Right, it wasn't an option when I ordered my 392 either. On my 2020 Power Wagon, I had a devil of a time trying to find and make accessible the plug end.

has anyone used their engine block heater? I just got my truck and forgot I added it to my order and saw the plug while examining the engine bay.

It gets pretty cold here a few months out of the year and my truck will live outside so my plan was to run an extension cord to it from my garage and put it on a timer to turn on a few hours before I have to leave in the mornings.

But what exactly does this do?

It heats the coolant in the block and makes the truck start easier on cold days. The warm coolant will spread heat through the block warming the oil and even warm up the transmission. If it doesn’t get below 0° I wouldn’t bother.

When I ordered my 22 last year the heated dipstick was $95 option. Not sure why I did not get it.

I assume this option can be added? Is it just a dipstick that plugs in or is there more to it?

Anyone have a part #
I suggest that you add the block heater, not a dipstick heater. Dipstick heaters tend to burn the oil.

This was an option on mine. Where would I look for the plug in the engine bay?

I suggest that you add the block heater, not a dipstick heater. Dipstick heaters tend to burn the oil.

Lol thanks, I did get the block heater ordered....I guess there is such a thing as a dipstick heater...

Back